Wiggins Discussion thread. - Page 222 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-05-13, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlenJones2 View Post
he'll have to do the vuelta then really bar no crashes to froome and wiggins
henao will be leader at the vuelta, confirmed by sky. I hope this will leave some problems this year as I think uran really doesn't want to work for others, see also vuelta last year. so next year both can leave to coldeportes
Old 01-05-13, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
henao will be leader at the vuelta, confirmed by sky. I hope this will leave some problems this year as I think uran really doesn't want to work for others, see also vuelta last year. so next year both can leave to coldeportes
I thought Uran didn't really care about Coldeportes
When a rider refuses to take a pull even though it is tactically and/or strategically more sound to take a pull
*Refusing to pull when it is tactically and/or strategically more sound not to is therefore not wheelsucking
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Old 01-05-13, 15:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
I thought Uran didn't really care about Coldeportes
well another team then. henao might go to coldeportes though
Old 01-05-13, 15:42

Quote:
well another team then. henao might go to coldeportes though
Doubt it. Sky will not want to let him go.

That's why they given him Vuelta lead partially. They will offer him contract he will not refuse I am pretty sure of that.

At the end of the year, Uran is more likely to leave than Henao. STill think Henao will not move though.
Old 01-05-13, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloin22 View Post
Doubt it. Sky will not want to let him go.

That's why they given him Vuelta lead partially. They will offer him contract he will not refuse I am pretty sure of that.

At the end of the year, Uran is more likely to leave than Henao. STill think Henao will not move though.
henao doesn't care about money so much, he cares about the role he gets and colombia, that's why he gave chaves that win in burgos. in sky he knows he will ride with froome and wiggins and henao's goal is to win the tour ultimately, so he needs to leave.
Old 01-05-13, 16:50

Quote:
henao doesn't care about money so much, he cares about the role he gets and colombia, that's why he gave chaves that win in burgos. in sky he knows he will ride with froome and wiggins and henao's goal is to win the tour ultimately, so he needs to leave.
Sky wouldn't sign him pointlessly to leave after 2 years though... just doesn't make any sense to put money and effort for him to leave after 2 years of the project.

I know few talented riders left Sky. But not any of them really proved their expectations. Henao does. And they will net let him leave lightly I believe.

Wiggins should retire in 1/2 years or will be past his best. Froome will not always target Tour imo. Henao will have a shot at Tour next year imo.

However he might leave as you say, Sky will try to obviously keep him a lot.
Old 01-05-13, 16:59
Banned

Henao should stay where he is for as long as he can.
He might get leading role elsewhere, but I don't think he'll advance.
Lots of examples of regression after leaving big, organized, team.
Old 01-05-13, 17:29

Who's better for GTs, Henao or Uran ? Close call it seems ! Not sure either of them will ever win one though...
Old 01-05-13, 17:32
Administrator

henao imo is better then uran.

i know he was already 24 but the giro was still his first GT and he was already pretty much equal to uran who was on his (5?) GT.
Old 01-05-13, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
henao imo is better then uran.

i know he was already 24 but the giro was still his first GT and he was already pretty much equal to uran who was on his (5?) GT.
Uran was already great in 2007. We don't really know whether Henao will grow a lot or stay at more or less at the same level for the next few years.

Just look at Uran...
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week