Hell Has Frozen Over: Lance "Considering" Admitting Guilt - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-05-13, 16:46

Any way all the "Trolls" can sue for slander???

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 01-05-13, 16:48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
I think this is a back door 'float a balloon' to see the reaction and whether it might be worthwhile for him to attempt.

So far the public reaction is decidedly adverse; he is being hosed over here and laughed at!
Agree.
This appears nothing more than kite flying exercise to see if he can restore any credibility, as you note reaction appears to be negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
What if he cofesses to doping just so he could keep up with those nasty Euro's, and then someone uncovers proof that he has been doping since he was 16,
This is his big problem - Tygart will not be interested in accepting a limited confession. So Armstrong would have to offer up everything to get any type of reduction or run the risk of violating the terms and getting a life ban (again!!).

I don't see him ever confessing willingly to USADA.
Old 01-05-13, 16:51

Armstrong and Bruyneel are becoming too weak. Limited and pathetic fight back on the cards. Major letdown.
Old 01-05-13, 16:51

LA has got his hands on a new kind of PED that improves performance during confession - that all I can conclude.
Old 01-05-13, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto's Schnauzer View Post

1. Provided a complete confession going back to his junior days.
2. Testified to reveal the full depth of corruption within the UCI to bring down McQuaid, Verbruggen and any other conspirators within the UCI.
3. Testified against Ferrarri.
4. Revealed the sources of the drugs and how they were transported.
5. Issued full apologies to Betsy, Greg, Floyd, Emma, Bassons, Simeoni, Livestrong supporters, et al.
6. Began a sincere campaign against PEDs in the sport, including the amateur levels.
7. Volunteer at local triathlons, running race, office-park crits, and muddy cross races for 10 years before ever being allowed to pin on a race number.
Old 01-05-13, 17:14

What was the term used on here several months ago? I think it was Race Radio who said it. I think it was called:

"A managed admission"

That's exactly what I would expect. A carefully crafted, Teflon coated "admission" of having done something or other at some point in the past. Kind of. Sort of. And the fanboys will lap it up.
Old 01-05-13, 17:24

I cant see all his former sponsors being too happy if he comes out and confesses,unless he is doing it with them on board. Quite possible with the integrity of his former sponsors.

But he is unlikely to win over public opinion if recent comment sections in various places are a guide.
Old 01-05-13, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelap View Post
What was the term used on here several months ago? I think it was Race Radio who said it. I think it was called:

"A managed admission"

That's exactly what I would expect. A carefully crafted, Teflon coated "admission" of having done something or other at some point in the past. Kind of. Sort of. And the fanboys will lap it up.
A very conditional surrender.
Old 01-05-13, 17:29

This is all part of a carefully measured, choreographed, systematic method to rebuild his image. Start with the hint that he might confess, which today has already swayed 5 percent of the population. Then a controlled confession, which will be turned around to put him in the most positive light as a victim - DO YOU HEAR ME: A VICTIM! - who was only nobly trying to do the right thing and save the world from cancer while among an evil, corrupt community of bike-racing thugs. Bazinga -- another 30 percent comes over to his side! He's only human, after all (another 5 percent!). And so on.
Old 01-05-13, 17:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
This is all part of a carefully measured, choreographed, systematic method to rebuild his image. Start with the hint that he might confess, which today has already swayed 5 percent of the population. Then a controlled confession, which will be turned around to put him in the most positive light as a victim - DO YOU HEAR ME: A VICTIM! - who was only nobly trying to do the right thing and save the world from cancer while among an evil, corrupt community of bike-racing thugs. Bazinga -- another 30 percent comes over to his side! He's only human, after all (another 5 percent!). And so on.
That wont wash in the courts when all the people come after him for his fraud, cheating, defamation etc etc etc....