National Football League - Page 206 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 01-05-13, 02:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3m@n@rmy View Post
Well we could play the tie breaker in Seattle
I've got a seat when it happens.
Old 01-05-13, 04:21
Administrator

It looks like Andy Reid is a done deal to KC. This is intriguing on several levels. The Chiefs have a lot of talent on paper (but so did the Eagles). The Chiefs have a potent rushing attack with both Charles and Hillis. They also have the #1 pick in the draft. Picture this: They take Geno Smith in the draft. With him they run a modified run option pistol offense somewhat similar to Washington or Seattle, but Smith is much bigger than RG3 or Wilson. I honestly don't know if they have the OL or receivers to pull it off, but this could potentially be a powerful offensive scheme.

Problem is their pass rush and deep coverage was also awful.

The world awaits Chip Kelly's word...
Old 01-05-13, 16:23

More Houston news:

Word on the street is the team had a closed door meeting this week and aired everything out. That'll fix things. No word on if Schaub made it to the podium, or stopped about half way there similar to his 3 yards passes on 3rd and 8.

John McClain, who is a long time Houston Chronicle sports writer and is pretty well known nationally, is picking the Bengals. He is very close to the team, and always is writing with inside info. Apparently he is not buying into the closed door therapy.
Old 01-05-13, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Too funny! I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3m@n@rmy View Post
Well we could play the tie breaker in Seattle
Both teams will advance to the next round. They´ll play a best of three w/ATL.
Old 01-05-13, 21:00
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
More Houston news:.
There are times when such meetings help, in that the theory is that the players can now focus. But there is also a time when you are so desperate to fix things and win you can't focus either. I'm sticking with my pick of Cincy.

No possible way Indy beats Baltimore. Not with this likely Lewis last home game. No way.

Also think GB should beat Minn by double digits.

The Sea-Wash game is one were all looking forward to. Im sticking with Seattle, but this could go either way. Rush Limbaughs nightmare game. Two smart black QBs the media and fans like, and both are marrying white women.
Old 01-05-13, 21:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
There are times when such meetings help, in that the theory is that the players can now focus. But there is also a time when you are so desperate to fix things and win you can't focus either. I'm sticking with my pick of Cincy.

No possible way Indy beats Baltimore. Not with this likely Lewis last home game. No way.

Also think GB should beat Minn by double digits.

The Sea-Wash game is one were all looking forward to. Im sticking with Seattle, but this could go either way. Rush Limbaughs nightmare game. Two smart black QBs the media and fans like, and both are marrying white women.
LMAO!

I'm sticking with mine too, which are the same as yours except that I'm obviously going for the Skins - especially after yesterday's omen, when I received a belated Xmas present from my son in Indy, a long sleeved Skins shirt with a large '10' and 'Griffin III' on the back!
Old 01-05-13, 22:12
Administrator

Skins could win. I still don't think we've really seen what RGIII can do, I honestly don't. And home field will help. I just think the Seahawks have more power on both sides of the ball. Seattle is probably the most physical team in the NFL right now. They remind me of the old Steel Curtain, or 2000 Ravens with how tough and aggressive they are.

The other close game could be Hou-Cin. It's now five mins in and 3-0, so Houston is holding it's own, for now. Lots of time left for them to revert to the team they've been the last month.
Old 01-06-13, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpe d'Huez View Post
Rush Limbaughs nightmare game.
LOL here too.

Quote:
LMAO!

I'm sticking with mine too, which are the same as yours except that I'm obviously going for the Skins - especially after yesterday's omen, when I received a belated Xmas present from my son in Indy, a long sleeved Skins shirt with a large '10' and 'Griffin III' on the back!
I am sticking with my pick too (tie game ).

I am 100% so far, won both games by picking it over the line here.
Had a monster success betting all kinds of bets in our bar, winning them all , with the funniest being to pick every play (pass or run) in the MIN-GB game (we had to kill time since we all knew it will not necessarily be a thriller). I won that game by picking 5 more plays corrrect than a friend of mine. It was a good comeback as i was behind at the half.

Can someone explain how coward Lewis is still HC in CIN? I knew the game was over at the half when he waved the white flag by kneeling down close to midfield with 4 seconds to go.
I am 100% sure, both Smith and Belichick would have let their teams try a hail mary. Thatīs the difference between winners and losers. The winning HCīs have guts the losers are timid.

Edit: Oh, and if Lewis thinks his QB canīt heave the ball 60 yards, then try your luck over the middle. There would have been enough space for some "razzle-dazzle" play (itīs the last play of the half, every team covers the sidelines in those situations). Be prepared for such situations. Itīs a "do-or-die" game. Not the time for saving HC as.ses

Good night, and good luck: Rivera stays as HC in CAR.

Last edited by FoxxyBrown1111; 01-06-13 at 17:07.
Old 01-07-13, 00:11

Quote:
LMAO!

F*CK!!!

with you in spirit
Old 01-07-13, 01:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
F*CK!!!

with you in spirit
Thanks, hon.

What a wretched way to lose after a start like that. Shanny should have pulled RG3 much sooner, it was evident to all that his throws were off and that he couldn't run after that first hit. Not for a moment saying that we would have won with Cousins, but it might have been less hopeless. Our defense let us down badly after the first quarter.

All credit to Wilson, who had a great game. The Hawks were deserving and worthy winners tonight, goddamnit. I hope Atlanta murder them.