Hell Has Frozen Over: Lance "Considering" Admitting Guilt - Page 9 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-05-13, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
That wont wash in the courts when all the people come after him for his fraud, cheating, defamation etc etc etc....
This will just add to his victim status. There are still a lot of people out there who think USADA wasted taxpayer's money to single him out. This will add to the "why am I the only one?" victim status in the simple minds of the mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
People that say, however, that LA was only doing what everybody else did, don't know the facts...Moreover, he slandered many and ruined others...He worked the system and doping regime greater than anyone
For sure inside the clinic all this is known, but not outside the clinic. Go to Runners World a couple of months ago when people were questioning KA's column. The women who came to her (and LA's) defense don't know or care about these details. If you go to the non-exercising crowd, even more people are on the fence about him. Right or wrong, they really do see it as "LA was only doing what everybody else did."
Old 01-05-13, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjdavis60 View Post
A confession would be redundant, wouldn't it? He's already been found guilty. He is guilty. Convicted criminals confess to their crimes all the time, but it doesn't change the verdict or the punishment.
Yeah, but a guy who's convicted of murder might get his death sentence reduced to life if he tells the police about two other bodies that weren't discovered. Not sure what the WADA equivalent to that would be, since I can't imagine what he could tell Tygart (that's provable in a court setting) that would motivate him to set the life-time ban aside.

No, if a confession comes it would be purely for the general public imo. Maybe it would get him invited to some non-sanctioned triathlon again but certainly no Ironman.
Old 01-05-13, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Lance will never throw anyone under the bus. He, like his fanbois, believe in the stupid code of "not being a snitch," so any confession (which I still don't believe will happen) would include some bullsh!t statement slamming everyone who came forward against him, and his resolve not to be like them and name names.

He is a sociopath. This will be a sociopath's confession, if there is a confession.
The problem with this may be, where is the line drawn between being a sociopath that he is, and selling his soul to the devil, which he has done several times already. Or is there a line? He is in so far there really is no return for him but he will try.
Sorry I must sound confusing but do you get what I am trying to say?
Old 01-05-13, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Lance will never throw anyone under the bus. He, like his fanbois, believe in the stupid code of "not being a snitch," so any confession (which I still don't believe will happen) would include some bullsh!t statement slamming everyone who came forward against him, and his resolve not to be like them and name names.

He is a sociopath. This will be a sociopath's confession, if there is a confession.
But isn't Lance messing with Johan by conducting this exercise? And didn't Lance snitch off other riders to the UCI when he was on top?
Old 01-05-13, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
The problem with this may be, where is the line drawn between being a sociopath that he is, and selling his soul to the devil, which he has done several times already. Or is there a line? He is in so far there really is no return for him but he will try.
Wow, this blew up while I was asleep!
This was predictable over a year ago and you are close to the reason why as was RR and others.
He still craves the attention and the money that validates it. If he says anything it would be as vague as most of you believe it to be and he'll single out a devilish perpetrator like the UCI. He'll suggest "we all had to cheat to play" but won't provide much detail. Does he expect to compete? Probably only so far as it generates press and continues to serve his addiction to public adoration. Is this nuts? Most certainly.
Again, his vague admission will place him in the athletic pantheon below Pete Rose; able to sign memorabilia for pay. He'll have a few "fans" and many crashside gawkers.
He will never own his actions and on that you can go to the bank.
Old 01-05-13, 18:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
This will just add to his victim status. There are still a lot of people out there who think USADA wasted taxpayer's money to single him out. This will add to the "why am I the only one?" victim status in the simple minds of the mainstream.

I think only a very small minority see him as a victim. Judging by comments sections he is seen as the fraud, cheat, bully and more than the run of the mill doper
We still have yet to hear the full collusion details between him and the UCI. He could also be tied into the Amgen EPO scandal yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
For sure inside the clinic all this is known, but not outside the clinic. Go to Runners World a couple of months ago when people were questioning KA's column. The women who came to her (and LA's) defense don't know or care about these details. If you go to the non-exercising crowd, even more people are on the fence about him. Right or wrong, they really do see it as "LA was only doing what everybody else did."
I think lot of the public have got past the "LA was only doing what everybody else did" otherwise there would be no need for the idea of a confession. His income has dried up, no speaking engagements, no charity, no sponsors. He has lots of $$$$ troubles ahead.

Whether the liestrong interns have given up the trolling on comment sections remains to be seen, they are not so much in here as they lost the battle in the clinic, but Runners World is another story as cycling was not their sport.
Old 01-05-13, 19:03

I think it will be very difficult for Wonderboy to say he had to dope to play. Too many will tear that apart. All the other stuff we know about his doping, the bullying, buying off the UCI, lying about Emily, Betsy, and the use of his yella shield will all come back to bite him hard!

Then there are guys like Bob Hamman who are out for blood.
Old 01-05-13, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
You are confusing Wondeboy with someone who is not a predator. Inside Wonderboy's head, I'm sure he thinks he has a conscience and all that, but it's all broken.

If this story is real, he is completely locked-out of IOC anything. He's like Floyd Landis/Rassmussen locked-out and radioactive.

Hein isn't pushing the matter inside the IOC. You have to wonder how that conversation goes between Hein and Wonderboy. "Oh, hey Lance.... Uh, yeah no progress." Nevermind the simple fact executive management of a sports league is working closely with an athlete isn't appropriate. It's so complete it seems the usual IOC grease, bribery, is not working.

The Johann angle might be interesting. Maybe Johann has been threatening to unleash some controversy and Hein needs Wonderboy to screw with him.

Interesting and terrible, like driving by a car crash and gawking. It's obvious the guy can't stay away and hasn't changed one bit.

I don't think the IOC will entertain a fabricated confession though. Too much doping controversy. It would take a year to fabricate a story that fits with all the published evidence and doesn't mention Wiesel or Pat and Hein. I would not be surprised if there's some stuff about Contador in it just to try to discredit him. Make no mistake, whatever passed as a confession would be fabricated.

http://www.gofundme.com/a4mlho

https://twitter.com/FitnessLawyer

This is a good time for her to tell her story.
Old 01-05-13, 19:07

Quote:
I think lot of the public have got past the "LA was only doing what everybody else did" otherwise there would be no need for the idea of a confession. His income has dried up, no speaking engagements, no charity, no sponsors. He has lots of $$$$ troubles ahead.
Exactly. So if you were in his shoes, or if you were his PR manager, how would you rehabilitate his image?
Old 01-05-13, 19:11

Quote:
I think it will be very difficult for Wonderboy to say he had to dope to play.
All he has to do is point to all the other top-10 finishers who have been DQ'd. Among my non-cycling friends and relatives, they all believe that all racers doped.