The Sky-Con-O-Meter. Predictions on how much more ridiculous they can get - Page 83 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-05-13, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayRider View Post
Anyway if you have to dope like crazy to achieve 6.8w/kg then you can produce 6.5w/kg cleaner than clean, hmmm.
I don't think there's any need to try to inflate the figure to fit the theory.
6.3w/kg (Gregga's reasoned estimate) is sufficient to question.
Old 01-05-13, 21:40

I wonder when Brad changed and why...
Old 01-05-13, 21:47

Quote:
I wonder when Brad changed and why...
I posted my theory elsewhere: 2006 he tried to win the prolog at the Dauphine and failed miserably. He was on the road with a road focus and a team dedicated to him winning that 4.1km (ring a bell?) race.

~1000 days later (see Tyler Hamilton's book for relevance) he competed in the Tour de France, and ended up 4th overall against known dopers. A big birdie to Brailsford who had not included him in the plans for Sky.

Last edited by Dear Wiggo; 01-05-13 at 21:54.
Old 01-05-13, 21:51
Administrator

If memory serves, LeMond's estimates of his maximum possible efforts were ~5.9w/kg for long climbs at the end of a mountain stage and ~6.3w/kg for a one-off effort in a GT, such as a TT.

The cumulative impact of a stage prior to the final climb makes a significant difference (adverse) vs. a rested effort.
Old 01-05-13, 22:20

Quote:
Yeah I was surprised as well. The weight was included in a different part of the book to the wattage but still...
The weight was in the 2011 tour section, he put on a couple of kilos of core muscle for 2012 after problems TTing in the Vuelta according to reports which means closer to 6.62w/kg in the 2012 TT.

Ooops, missed the bit where the TT 470w was for a 6km section. Book re-reading time...

Last edited by Wiggo Warrior; 01-05-13 at 22:34.
Old 01-05-13, 23:03
Banned

Quote:
Anyway if you have to dope like crazy to achieve 6.8w/kg then you can produce 6.5w/kg cleaner than clean, hmmm.
SundayRider you're a welcome addition to the Clinic.

From your notations Wiggins as fast if not faster than Lance in ITT - watt for watt, yes?
Old 01-05-13, 23:17

Quote:
The interview where he lost it and let out a load of expletives showed that he isn't really that intelligent.
Nonsense, I take it you've never lost your temper then? He's far from stupid, but when you've just left your **** on the road for 5 hours you're not going to be relaxed for an interview like that.
Old 01-05-13, 23:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samerics View Post
Nonsense, I take it you've never lost your temper then? He's far from stupid, but when you've just left your **** on the road for 5 hours you're not going to be relaxed for an interview like that.
Based on that theory then every rider, in fact every sportsman should behave in the same manner?

Excuses. Excuses.
Old 01-05-13, 23:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Wiggo View Post
I posted my theory elsewhere: 2006 he tried to win the prolog at the Dauphine and failed miserably. He was on the road with a road focus and a team dedicated to him winning that 4.1km (ring a bell?) race.

~1000 days later (see Tyler Hamilton's book for relevance) he competed in the Tour de France, and ended up 4th overall against known dopers. A big birdie to Brailsford who had not included him in the plans for Sky.
I mark the change of heart happening at the 2009 P-N time trial where he was beaten by Contador. By 2010 his blood values were at the same suspicion level as Armstrong and the other GT contenders. If we could get our hands on the 2012 list then Wiggins and crew would probably all be pulling nines and tens.
Old 01-05-13, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Based on that theory then every rider, in fact every sportsman should behave in the same manner?

Excuses. Excuses.
Ridiculous. I never said that, but then you know that. No excuses. I'm not saying he's right, I'm just saying that when someone has buried themselves in the Tour for five hours, drugs or no drugs, you're not always in the best of tempers when all you want is a massage and a long bath! It's not a sign of a lack of intelligence, more of a quick temper and a bit of arrogance. God, everyone on here is bloody perfect!