The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 40 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-06-13, 12:54

That's a very good reasoning. Sounds like it's very thought through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
monument points have gone up a little bit

Cancellara is splitting up his season this year into a peak in spring and a peak in Autumn. So more opportunities for points. It also means that he won't ride around France domestiquing for the schlecks like he usually does. He might also elect not.to prance around vuelta without doing anything like he often does. With that in mind the possibilities are endless. Especially for Autumn which he usually only gets onto after the tour. Im already looking at eneco tour with hopes he can race that. Then there are tons of classics in italy or France or canada he might try especially with a mind to how hard the worlds are

If ever there is a year for cancellara to score 2000 it is this. And when he comes into it worth only 1000 that's a gift from the cq gods that you just cannot say no to.

It would be too rude.
Old 01-06-13, 12:55

Since everyone is posting his team here, here is mine:

GILBERT Philippe
CANCELLARA Fabian
PINOT Thibaut
TAARAMÄE Rein
BRAMBILLA Gianluca
ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin
MATTHEWS Michael
FEILLU Romain
PETIT Adrien
RUJANO GUILLEN Jose Humberto
DOWSETT Alex
LANDA MEANA Mikel
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd
THOMAS Geraint
GADRET John
LÖFKVIST Thomas
ARU Fabio
ANACONA GOMEZ Winner Andrew
BOLE Grega
BARBIN Enrico
BARGUIL Warren
BOSWELL Ian
APPOLLONIO Davide
NUYENS Nick
BONGIORNO Francesco Manuel
SEPULVEDA Eduardo
HUSHOVD Thor
SUTTON Christopher
WACKERMANN Luca
COQUARD Bryan
SCHLECK Andy
OSPINA HERNANDEZ Argiro Alonso
BOBRIDGE Jack
Old 01-06-13, 12:58

At this stage the only top5 certainties for the Tour are a Schleck, a Kenyan and a great one. It's not unreasonable to think that a Quintana or Pinot could compete with the rest for a high finish.

Not that I picked Quintana on the basis of doing well in the Tour, he's good enough to accumulate points wherever he goes. Would love to see him at his best for Firenze...
Old 01-06-13, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
That's a very good reasoning. Sounds like it's very thought through.
I'm not sure about that. I don't think Cancellara cares about races like Eneco Tour, but I guess we'll see.

His spring will be more demanding than usual, anyhow, with most likely one week of the Giro on his schedule. I think he'll have a hard time getting pink if he doesn't do it in the first stage, but that's just me. How many points do you guys think he will score at the Giro?
Old 01-06-13, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
At this stage the only top5 certainties for the Tour are a Schleck, a Kenyan and a great one. It's not unreasonable to think that a Quintana or Pinot could compete with the rest for a high finish.

Not that I picked Quintana on the basis of doing well in the Tour, he's good enough to accumulate points wherever he goes. Would love to see him at his best for Firenze...
I fully agree. After watching Quintana in the Vuelta he was always going to be in my team, even if most of the 700 points he picked up last year was quite "cheap" (e.g. Murcia and Rute du Sud). I fully believe he is already among the top five/six climbers in the world, and still only 22 he should have scope for even further improvement.

BTW, I am quite surprised that I have already found six unique picks in my team. I thought I picked a rather conservative team this year
Old 01-06-13, 13:41

How is it possible that I missed Finetto. so angry
Old 01-06-13, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
Come on Ramunas, make me proud! Navardauskas is by far my riskiest pick, but I have high hopes for the guy.
I really wanted to pick Navardauskas but after his Worlds result he was just a tad too expensive. Still someone I'll cheer for regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair cyclist View Post
So, anyone spotted a team that they are ready to go out on a limb on and declare a favourite for winning?
I haven't looked through the whole list but skidmark has put together a very good team for a defence of his title.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-06-13, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
It looks like La Florecita copied most of The Hitch's team. They have 24 picks in common, including non-obvious picks like Stybar. What (not) a surprise.

Another observation: Zam's team is 100% Italian, but doesn't include Finetto
I didnt "copy" hitch's team although I must admit that hitch helped me a bit as did hugo, pisti, barrus and search and pisti told us that styby would score 300% on velorooms we just discussed certain picks in the chatbox.

I forgot about Finetto sorry zam
Old 01-06-13, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric8-A View Post
Here's my team:

Jure Kocjan
Argiro Ospina
Jose Rujano
Andrew Anacona (back from 2012)
Joseph Dombrowski
Alex Dowsett
Ramon Carretero
John Gadret
Jean Christophe Peraud
Dominik Nerz
Alexandre Geniez
Jack Bobridge
Andy Schleck
Thor Hushovd
Juan Jose Cobo
Nick Nuyens
Alessandro Petacchi
Andrey Amador
Romain Feillu
Juan Pablo Suarez (third year being on my team)
Rafael Andriato (back from 2012)
Kiel Reijnen
Rory Sutherland
David Millar
Esteban Chaves
Simone Ponzi
Geraint Thomas
Dave Zabriskie (third year being on my team)
Igor Anton
Mikel Nieve (back from 2012)
Thomas Dekker
Nelson Oliveira
Jakob Fuglsang
Eric,
I like your team. No Greipel or any other expensive rider this year, and you have only one rider over 436 points! Thats a great strategy! Unless Gilbert, Spartacus or Cav have amazing seasons you have a great chance at least for top 10!

Good luck!
Old 01-06-13, 14:26

If anyone is willing to compile all riders & players names into one excel sheet, I will put the game and all the stats online again.

In must be in this format:

Column | Column
Rider Name | Player Name

The names must be correctly spelled and matched with CQ Ranking website!

Let me know as I will be going on vacation Wednesday so we can have it done before the season starts.

CQM