Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round) - Page 25 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 GIRO?
Wiggins 52 30.41%
Nibali 51 29.82%
Rodriguez 11 6.43%
Hesjedal 10 5.85%
Gesink 21 12.28%
Sanchez 5 2.92%
Basso 6 3.51%
Scarponi 2 1.17%
A colombian 4 2.34%
Other/Vino 9 5.26%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-13, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Is he becoming now a trash talker? Do you mind posting the source of his comments?
Who's talkin' trash? Swabian Lass?
Old 01-06-13, 22:27

Quote:
Is he becoming now a trash talker? Do you mind posting the source of his comments?
Whose comments? I didn't quote anybody, that was pure speculation on my part, take it or leave it.
Old 01-06-13, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabian Lass View Post
Whose comments? I didn't quote anybody, that was pure speculation on my part, take it or leave it.
Understood, anything you say from now on can only be ignored.
Old 01-06-13, 22:57

Quote:
Understood, anything you say from now on can only be ignored.
Maybe you should reread her post you reacted to... you're not making sense.
Old 01-06-13, 23:07
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
indeed the only person making no sense here is cineteq. . . lass didn't quote any1 nor mention any trash talk. . .
Old 01-06-13, 23:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
indeed the only person making no sense here is cineteq. . . lass didn't quote any1 nor mention any trash talk. . .
Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

PS: Parrulo I'm still waiting for your belated apology. I'm sitting.
Old 01-07-13, 01:14
Administrator

Quote:
Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

What are you talking about? She wasn't trying to convey any new information, she was just giving her opinion. Plus most of this thread is speculation.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 01-07-13, 08:03

Quote:

Well, from my side the only thing disappointing is the lack of Gesink actually trash taking a couple of other riders. Would have started the season on the right note.
Old 01-07-13, 08:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swabian Lass View Post
Gesink. For what it's worth. I am sadly no longer convinced that Nibali's got what it takes (although I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong) and I'm not sure that Wiggins will reproduce last year's form or have the same appetite.

Sanchez will liven things up and I'm looking forward to watching him, but I don't see him on the podium somehow this year.
I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.
Old 01-07-13, 08:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.
When they went head to head in Tirreno, Pais Vasco, Dauphiné, Gesink beat Nibali every time... and not because Nibali had bad form or something. But yeah, it's hard to argue against Nibali being the better GT rider, although luck certainly hasn't been on Gesink's side.

Quote:

She used a full stop, where you read a colon. That's it. Maybe you need to learn how to read propery to avoid misunderstandings
Closed Thread