Here's your chance: Be a mod! - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 01-05-13, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
You know why that was deleted, and re-posting it would of course bring a lengthy ban.

Susan
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
Well, good luck with that. With such warped opinions justifying their non-support for my mod candidacy, I doubt they will admit anything.

How will you communicate with the banned sock puppets?
In case you're trying to be funny: it's not working.
Old 01-05-13, 21:03

I propose that all potential moderators are given temporary moderator status just on this thread.

Then they can moderate this thread as, well, an audition.
Old 01-05-13, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
I propose that all potential moderators are given temporary moderator status just on this thread.

Then they can moderate this thread as, well, an audition.
How is ChrisE gonna moderate himself? Or is he gonna moderate the mods
Old 01-05-13, 21:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Haha

In case you're trying to be funny: it's not working.
Oh come on, it was hilarious. The only thing funnier is your Alberto is not a doper shtick.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 01-05-13, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Januss View Post
Oh come on, it was hilarious. The only thing funnier is your Alberto is not a doper shtick.
Originally it was funny but then he just went on and on and it wasn't funny anymore.
Old 01-06-13, 02:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Originally it was funny but then he just went on and on and it wasn't funny anymore.
you and fairyman need to get a sense of humor
Old 01-06-13, 03:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricknd View Post
you and fairyman need to get a sense of humor
Ferryman is not allowed to have a sense of humor, he is a mod now. LaFlo has no such excuse. She zeros in on Chris while ElC. is busy being an even bigger **** than Chris is (and believe me I know Chris is trying). ElC. must be an AC fan.

On topic, I would become a mod. and I would do an excellent job, for the most part, however I would ban anyone who ****ed me off with either lack of brains, sense of humor, or healthy skepticism.

Proud member of the Clinic 1200
Old 01-06-13, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Westemeyer View Post
There has been a lot of discussion lately about moderators, and what moderators should and shouldn't do – topics about which a lot of people have strong feelings.

So we are now offering you a chance to help the forums, and become a mod yourself. Put your theories into practice!

What is required? That you act impartially and consider only the best interest of the forum. That you give us a reasonable amount of time – whatever you can spare. That you are interested in seeing the forum stay as the best possible cycling forum around, on the best cycling website around.

More active mods will give us a better chance of more complete coverage around the clock – necessary, due to the global aspect of things, and when more people are involved, then there is less of a load on everyone.

Please consider this and if you are willing to “put your money where your mouth is”, then let us know.

Thanks.

Susan
You'll have to excuse my scepticism here. I can't see you embracing those who have been critics of CN moderation or CN in general as potential colleagues.

Nor can I see you actually letting anyone change the way in which the forum is actually moderated - especially if their approach is different to yours. Not much good changing having a 'light touch moderating team' if one member happens to trigger-happy and undoes the work of the rest of the team.

Plus, what does anyone get out of it other than a new title? CN gets a lot of free labour, the volunteer mods get a lot of crap for having to toe the party line.

Are you actually interested in embracing all points of view about moderating and changing the approach, allowing your critics to become your colleagues, or do you and CN just want people to do their dirty work for free?

...girls and ****ed 'em at school. All I know is that there were rumours he was into field hockey players

"the only thing worse than reading Cycling News is talking to them" Paul Kimmage

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so." Gore Vidal
Old 01-07-13, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
After hundreds of PM's imploring me to throw my hat in the ring, I reluctantly volunteer to be a moderator. Here is a sample of the support I have received, and such kind words have compelled me to do what is best for the forum in spite of my opinion that most of you are assclowns. Thank you.
Since I will be starting classes Wednesday (First Amendment, Commercial Law, Land Use Seminar, Law and Rhetoric, and Civil Rights Clinic...thanks for asking), I feel I should take the time now to address this post. While funny, it appears the sharpness of your insight into the characters of others does not have a corresponding sharpness when it comes to your own psychological make-up. Any mod needs this quality, so I guess you have the permanent kibosh as you have not once shown the ability to accurately self-assess your personality disorder/s.

I vote no on Chris' begging to be a mod.

Last edited by ChewbaccaD; 01-07-13 at 01:07.
Old 01-07-13, 03:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
Since I will be starting classes Wednesday (First Amendment, Commercial Law, Land Use Seminar, Law and Rhetoric, and Civil Rights Clinic...thanks for asking), I feel I should take the time now to address this post. While funny, it appears the sharpness of your insight into the characters of others does not have a corresponding sharpness when it comes to your own psychological make-up. Any mod needs this quality, so I guess you have the permanent kibosh as you have not once shown the ability to accurately self-assess your personality disorder/s.

I vote no on Chris' begging to be a mod.
me and TFF are on the same page