Sky - Page 1137 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-06-13, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
I'm trying to sort out why Sky is getting all the special heat.

I get the heat itself. If there are 100 forms of undetectable EPO out there, it's kind of amazing that Sky is dominating in that environment.

But why the special heat? What is Sky doing that everybody else isn't it doing? Aren't they just employing 'marginal gains' effectively in a cheating-saturated environment?
I personally think it's partially down to the tactics of Sean Yates (a former Discovery Channel DS). Plus the fact that this was the first tour since 97 that a team had two serious contenders for Yellow and Green (Liquigas as well). There's been some PR Gaffes, self-inflicted wounds and other things as well.

Hell imagine the heat if Cavendish hadn't crashed on Stage 4 and Froome not waited for Wiggins on Stage 17. Sky could easily of won nine stages of the tour (Five for Cavendish, Two for Froome and Two for Wiggins).

Last edited by MatParker117; 01-06-13 at 23:50.
Old 01-07-13, 00:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
I personally think it's partially down to the tactics of Sean Yates (a former Discovery Channel DS). Plus the fact that this was the first tour since 97 that a team had two serious contenders for Yellow and Green (Liquigas as well). There's been some PR Gaffes, self-inflicted wounds and other things as well.

Hell imagine the heat if Cavendish hadn't crashed on Stage 4 and Froome not waited for Wiggins on Stage 17. Sky could easily of won nine stages of the tour (Five for Cavendish, Two for Froome and Two for Wiggins).
Imagine. Just imagine.
Old 01-07-13, 01:05

Wink

Quote:
I'm trying to sort out why Sky is getting all the special heat.

I get the heat itself. If there are 100 forms of undetectable EPO out there, it's kind of amazing that Sky is dominating in that environment.

But why the special heat? What is Sky doing that everybody else isn't it doing? Aren't they just employing 'marginal gains' effectively in a cheating-saturated environment?
Personally I think it's political. When picking my CQ game team I was reminded that (without proving it) many of the top guys underperformed last year. I think something went down where a lot of people were scared off their usual preperations, and Sky were the beneficiaries. Maybe something to do with the bio-passport, which at the end of the day is a subjective measure of legitimacy. That alone does not explain Sky's dominance so yes I still think they were enhanced. Given a green light within limits.

"" on the the post was accidental, btw.

edit 2: I was talking about the team's special advantage, btw, not the special srutiny they receive here. Misunderstood.

Last edited by taiwan; 01-07-13 at 10:19.
Old 01-07-13, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan View Post
Personally I think it's political. When picking my CQ game team I was reminded that (without proving it) many of the top guys underperformed last year. I think something went down where a lot of people were scared off their usual preperations, and Sky were the beneficiaries. Maybe something to do with the bio-passport. That alone does not explain Sky's dominance so yes I still think they were enhanced. Given a green light within limits.
Just how many teams met with ASO in January?
Old 01-07-13, 01:38

Quote:

But why the special heat? What is Sky doing that everybody else isn't it doing? ?
Taking credit for winning clean.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-07-13, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Velo View Post
So, instead of an "new AICAR test" thread, the subject is allowed to run free in the Sky thread?
This implies no other teams involved.
No other teams have such a big thread as it is taken for granted they dope.

Most dont bother with the lies or PR BS.

When a team makes grandiose statements about doing it clean then having such a season (2012) in a sport where doping is the norm and testing is a joke why do you keep proclaiming shock that Sky are getting the biggest share of cycnicism, criticism, accussations and dimissals of their so callled transparency as a clean team?

Why dont you start a thread on other teams? Katusha, OPQS, Astana, Radiosmack, Lotto, BMC, Lampre, Liquigas, Androni and all the others that dont look anything like clean teams!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-13, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post

Not the performance of a clean team, hence the length of this thread.
Old 01-07-13, 10:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
So how many stages is a clean team allowed to win. So I know for next time?
Old 01-07-13, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
I also like the fact that you arguing they are not a clean team on part based on the stages they never actually won.
Old 01-07-13, 10:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't be late Pedro View Post
So how many stages is a clean team allowed to win. So I know for next time?
Better ask UCI and the ASO how many they allocate.

But I guess 1 or 2. No point in doping if you are not going to win lots.

Bet the Schlecks are asking Kim Andersen this very question

To dominate the biggest doping event of the year and claim you aint doping is laughable.

by the way Pedro, I have come into some money from a Nigerian friend, I need your help to bring this to Europe pleae send me all the necessary details...

Last edited by Benotti69; 01-07-13 at 11:59.