Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round) - Page 26 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2013 GIRO?
Wiggins 52 30.41%
Nibali 51 29.82%
Rodriguez 11 6.43%
Hesjedal 10 5.85%
Gesink 21 12.28%
Sanchez 5 2.92%
Basso 6 3.51%
Scarponi 2 1.17%
A colombian 4 2.34%
Other/Vino 9 5.26%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-13, 09:38

Gesink has always been good at weeklong stage races, he just can't keep up the consistency for 3 weeks unlike Nibali.
Old 01-07-13, 10:39

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Gesink has always been good at weeklong stage races, he just can't keep up the consistency for 3 weeks unlike Nibali.
Wrong, Gesink can't just keep up for 3 weeks. Nothing to do with consistency more with keeiping up.
Old 01-07-13, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker_Tifosi View Post
Wrong, Gesink can't just keep up for 3 weeks. Nothing to do with consistency more with keeiping up.
Is he a grand tour rider or a week long stage race rider with one big mountain finish just Tour of Oman or California?
Old 01-07-13, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaaaaaaarten View Post
No actually I am 190cm and used to be only 70kg for a few years, now I'm skinny for sure, but nothing unhealthy. (I'm almost 75kg now ) BMI is just fine for 190cm and 70kg.
maybe to you it is. to me it's skin and bones. depends of on your "referentiekader". bmi is bull***** anyway
Old 01-07-13, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
maybe to you it is. to me it's skin and bones. depends of on your "referentiekader". bmi is bull***** anyway
Considering a cyclist must have some proper leg muscles, and muscle tissue is heavier than fat tissue, a 190 cm cyclist who weighs 70 kg will have quite some less fat compared to a 190 cm 70 kg "normal" person and therefore more skin and bones than a normal person.
Old 01-07-13, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidache View Post
Considering a cyclist must have some proper leg muscles, and muscle tissue is heavier than fat tissue, a 190 cm cyclist who weighs 70 kg will have quite some less fat compared to a 190 cm 70 kg "normal" person and therefore more skin and bones than a normal person.
yes indeed. also if you've ever seen a cyclist in person in his clothing you know how thin they are
Old 01-07-13, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Well, from my side the only thing disappointing is the lack of Gesink actually trash taking a couple of other riders. Would have started the season on the right note.
I can't deny I was excited about the Gesink's trash talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
She used a full stop, where you read a colon. That's it. Maybe you need to learn how to read propery to avoid misunderstandings
Right, a colon was the issue. I was reading too fast. Kudos for not being condescending or insulting. Maybe you should be a mod.
Old 01-07-13, 14:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
I can't deny I was excited about the Gesink's trash talking.

Right, a colon was the issue. I was reading too fast. Kudos for not being condescending or insulting. Maybe you should be a mod.
Them pesky colons! No problem, I understand where you were coming from now.

I agree it would have been a lot more exciting if Gesink had been trash talking though.
Old 01-07-13, 15:05
Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JckNjqVmo

great promo, almost all the guys that will be there next may talking about pink.

RCS needs to dig deep into their pockets and start forcing this promos ( like this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmhd0jjZwWM)into main stream television channels that cover the giro.

Last edited by Parrulo; 01-07-13 at 15:12.
Old 01-07-13, 15:11
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7JckNjqVmo

great promo, almost all the guys that will be there next may taking about pink.

RCS needs to dig deep into their pockets and start forcing this promos ( like this one as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmhd0jjZwWM)into main stream television channels that cover the giro.
Purito.... You're still in time to change your mind
please

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
Closed Thread