Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-07-13, 03:47

to be a really good cyclists you have to be obsessive/compulsive and a masochist, along with being extremely competitive and you wind up having no time for other people. not too surprising Lance is the way he is, and he trained harder than anybody, period
and he is the only one that hasn't thrown anybody under the buss (cowardly move by so many guilty, lying riders to try and make themselves look better)
Old 01-07-13, 04:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
to be a really good cyclists you have to be obsessive/compulsive and a masochist, along with being extremely competitive and you wind up having no time for other people. not too surprising Lance is the way he is, and he trained harder than anybody, period
and he is the only one that hasn't thrown anybody under the buss (cowardly move by so many guilty, lying riders to try and make themselves look better)
When did telling the truth about what happened become throwing people under the bus? All these people threw themselves under the bus by participating in the enterprise of doping.
Old 01-07-13, 04:05

Quote:
and he trained harder than anybody, period
You state this with such conviction. How do you know this?
Old 01-07-13, 04:25

Too bad no one has asked Lance's fan club president Phil Liggett his thoughts on a possible confession by Wonderboy. If he can take time away from sending out the fanclub letters that is.
"According to Mrs LeMond, Armstrong said: "There's no way you could have won your Tour de Frances without EPO." And Greg got very angry and said, "Listen, I won my - I was third in 1984, I was second in 1985, I won in 1986. This type of drug did not exist.The difference between you and me is that I have a 95 VO2 max and you have an 82, and you're - you don't - basically you don't know what you're talking about."(Proving Wonderboy is a clueless, lying POS)
Old 01-07-13, 04:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweistein View Post
When did telling the truth about what happened become throwing people under the bus? All these people threw themselves under the bus by participating in the enterprise of doping.
This bus?

Dave Stoller: "Everybody cheats. I just didn't know."

“If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. ” ― Joseph Goebbels
Old 01-07-13, 04:41

Quote:
No doubt he trained hard but that is as far as you should reasonably quantify his effort.

So to be an elite athlete you must abandon reasonable attitudes/actions??? I disagree. There are numerous elite athletes that do not fit your paradigm.

As for throwing people under the bus, I contend LA did that many times over. From riders to support staff to commentators. LA beat them, bullied them, broke them, abused them, stomped on them and HELD them under the bus. Sure the bus is on a different line to the one you refer to, but under the bus none-the-less.

LA truly is great! At a great many unattractive behaviours.
Old 01-07-13, 04:50

the jackboot of the Postal Bus.

no need to throw them under
I just hope that rather than hate, judge, or feel cheated, that our community will choose to do the same - to move forward without forgetting and to ride, not for greed or fame, but for the unbridled joy and love that the simple act of cycling brings us.
that bombastic tosh is courtesy of Allen Lim
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family.
Renton Trainspotting.
Choose Life
t-shirts George Michael before busted by the bobbies trawling Hyde Park for glory holes.
Old 01-07-13, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweistein View Post
it starts when you are a little kid and you and your buddy decide to do something you are not supposed to do, you get caught, but your friend doesn't. everybody knows you don't tattle on him, you take your punishment, shut your mouth, and move on. life isn't fair. same applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsiviour View Post
So to be an elite athlete you must abandon reasonable attitudes/actions??? I disagree. There are numerous elite athletes that do not fit your paradigm.
I never said elite athletes, just top level cyclists that are capable of winning GT's, big difference. by the very nature of the training required you have to be OCD and masochist, your not going to win unless you are overly competitive. not all turn that into being a total ****** like Lance did, but I stand by the basic premise.

Last edited by CobbleStoner; 01-07-13 at 06:56.
Old 01-07-13, 08:53

Quote:
No he didn't train harder than anybody else! He did dope harder than anybody else with the help of Ferarri, UCI and ASO.

He threw Frankie out of the sport, Simeoni out of the sport, Bassons out of the sport, tried to destroy Greg LeMond, Emma O'Reilly, Besty Andreu, David Walsh and lots of others.

If there are any cowards here it is Armstrong.
Old 01-07-13, 09:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
No he didn't train harder than anybody else! He did dope harder than anybody else with the help of Ferarri, UCI and ASO.

He threw Frankie out of the sport, Simeoni out of the sport, Bassons out of the sport, tried to destroy Greg LeMond, Emma O'Reilly, Besty Andreu, David Walsh and lots of others.

If there are any cowards here it is Armstrong.
yes, he trained harder than everyone else, his record proves it, yes, he doped better than anyone else. destroying people that get in the way of your goals is not cool, but it isn't throwing under the bus either, two different things you are talking about.
I hate Lance, he is not a good person, he is not good for cycling, he is a coward, just like Landis, Hamilton, Levi, and the rest.
but he won 7 TdF's, and not in the non-attacking/wait for the TT way either.