2013 Giro d'Italia wildcards : Who would you like to see? - Page 7 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

View Poll Results: Which teams would you invite at the next Giro d'Italia edition?
Katusha 67 52.34%
Vini Fantini 79 61.72%
Bardiani 37 28.91%
Colombia Coldeportes 97 75.78%
Europcar 20 15.63%
Novo-Nordisk 2 1.56%
Netapp-Endura 18 14.06%
MTNQhubeka 7 5.47%
IAM 23 17.97%
Caja Rural 6 4.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-13, 12:20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
...to be disappointed?
I'm just curious

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...
Old 01-07-13, 12:26

Last year the most recent rumor turned out to be true IIRC, so I have high hopes. I'm prepared to be disappointed, though. Just in case.
Old 01-07-13, 12:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Do the UCI rules allow that?
not in since 1994 or something. I doubt they will allow that and they shouldn't f*** rcs
Old 01-07-13, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastronef View Post
the only solution (for the future) is that some World Tour teams are allowed to choose which races they want to ride. so maybe we see FDJ and Argos pass off the Giro and we have place for the little Pro continental teams.
no wt team would pass up to ride any gt. even if they come with a C squad. it is always experience to the riders. so thay would be a stupid solution
Old 01-07-13, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarononymous View Post
I thought he was at the Tour presentation? Or was it both? Definately need to see them in a WT race this year...
they were invited to both and have a good chance to ride both gt's. although now with katusha, who knows
Old 01-07-13, 13:21

Exactly, so Acqua, what are you waiting for?

"Acquarone and the other RCS Sport representatives, however, may just forget Katusha all together because either way, Rodríguez will skip the Giro. “Purito” said last month that he would focus on the Tour de France this year and that if Katusha were to fail in its appeal for a first division license, he would join another team to ensure his place in the race."

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...lection_270609
Old 01-07-13, 13:30

it would be beyond stupid if rcs gave katusha the wildcard. but katusha probably will swing a lot of money their direction to get it. menchov is done anyway
Old 01-07-13, 14:47

Send a message via ICQ to search Send a message via Skype™ to search

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
not in since 1994 or something. I doubt they will allow that and they shouldn't f*** rcs
generally, according to the regulations, it is possible for a national team of the organising country to participate in a world tour race if it is considered to be of strategic importance to the development of cycling by the Professional Cycling Council

so if it had happened last year Betancur for example would have not been eligable to be part of that team, but this year Colnago and ISD would propably be more or less all italian anyway
Old 01-07-13, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
they were invited to both and have a good chance to ride both gt's. although now with katusha, who knows
But maybe it would be even better if they just ride the Giro as first Grand Tour experience and then going hot in the (mountainous) Vuelta with Chaves,Duarte & Atapuma wouldn't it?
Old 01-07-13, 15:18
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubsauger View Post
(mountainous) Vuelta
you mean the (uphilly) Vuelta (don't really know if I just invented a new word but certainly mountainous doesn't fit)

WARNING: Location says Germany, but I'm Italian...