The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 51 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-07-13, 13:25

when I started to build up my team I wrote down two names in bold, because I was 100% sure about them:
- the first is Thomas and he's a very popular pick.
-the second one is Stybar: I'm really surprised that only 20 teams selected him. In the last year he started to race in May and did already quite well... but this year he will start soon and he will do all the spring races that are those that better suite to him... IMO he should be a must in this game but maybe I'm wrong since only 19 more guys thought like me.

Last edited by TeoSheva; 01-07-13 at 13:46.
Old 01-07-13, 13:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan View Post
I'll give you Rebellin, but Rujano is a fair gamble IMO. If he gets the 2011 Giro form, he's on WT team and could triple his score or more.

Problem is if he only rides the Giro and flops.

Glad only 5 have Klöden. He's as old school as your old school but all quality in stage races and younger than some other 'evergreen' riders.
I think Rujano is a reasonable gamble. My logic on him was that even if the Giro is a disappointment, he is looking to ride the Vuelta this year and won't just ****** off back to South America to ride chippers Also the Vuelta should suit him, particularly weather-wise, more than the Giro.

Oh and there is the fact that I recall jumping around like a loony watching him almost snatch the Giro in 2005, so I do have a certain softspot for Rujano.

Re: Millar - was in and out of my team but I can see him getting less and less chances now. Remember the Tour stage he won was only because all their GC guys crashed out, so he and Vandevelde etc. were allowed to go for stage wins. If Garmin produce their normal solid top 10 GCer, Millar is going to be pegged helping him with limited opportunites for himself, and he is no longer one of the top TTers either. Might prove me wrong but I reckoned on less than 200 for him so left him out.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-07-13, 13:50

Rujano reminds me of a more expensive version of Cobo. Massive amounts of talent, but when the problems strike it goes pear shaped very quickly. Seeing the difference in price I went for Cobo whilst leaving Rujano well alone. I see the Giro as being his only chance if he fails there I do not see him picking himself up and challenging for the Vuelta. His actions and attitude towards last season seemed to suggest that.
Old 01-07-13, 14:02

Millar will be more interested in UCI politics than bike racing next year.

Regarding stybar, he was in my team last year and though I overlooked him this year he should be a very solid pick scoring about 700 pts.
He indicated that he would target Het Volk this year and with Boonen's delayed start to the season he probably would be the leader there.

When La Flo hinted that she had picked an Czech with the advice of Hitch, I assumed that it would be stybar and after reading his interview I was very tempted to pick him but in the end left him out asit would mean I had to make changes for my already picked team.
Old 01-07-13, 14:04

Rujano is unlikely to make a massive profit, imo.
Best season of 2005 unlikely to be repeated.
2011, mid 600's.
Both with Savio.
Outside of those, not a lot.

Vacan will have to work some magic.
Old 01-07-13, 14:06

Oh, sigh. There were still a few more minor corrections but now hopefully everything is alright
Old 01-07-13, 14:24

I was considering Stybar, really should have picked him...
Old 01-07-13, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsem94 View Post
I was considering Stybar, really should have picked him...
we can say this only in some months
Old 01-07-13, 14:36

So it's looking like Dombrowski is most likely to be this season's Sagan/Kittel/Henao.
Old 01-07-13, 14:36

Thx for all the hard work. This season is going to be great =)