The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 53 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-07-13, 15:55

and what about JTL? only 14teams selected him... it's risky because of the cost (almost 600points...) but I think he can manage to double them...he can be the leader (with Henao) of Sky in the Ardennes and take some points in races like Tour of Polonia and similar...
Old 01-07-13, 15:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwan View Post
Got to say, Hitch - Cancelara has never doubled that score. A realistic 2013 score would be 1500 so X 1.5, that makes him more a banker than a game changer.

Man, I hope I don't get punished for not having Gilbert.
Son, if you dont have Gilbert, and you think you can win this game fuggedaboudit.

I know Cancellara has never got 2000 taiwan but hes probably the best rider of his generation not to. Purito Contador Valverde Gilber Wiggins Boonen all have.

But he has the talent to do it. He already got close with 1800. Skipping the Tour and putting greater focus on autumn might just be the right ingredient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
No you are not wrong about Styby, the great el Pisti who knows everything about OPQS assured me that he will score 300% this year
I was beginning to enjoy taking credit from everyone for picking your entire team
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-07-13, 16:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby United View Post
I agree. With Boonen looking good and Cancellara only getting older I doubt that Canc will be beating previous scores, 1499 would be a good score for him. His TT supremacy seems to be over and even if it is not with Wiggins, Martin and Phinney he has 3 competitors who can beat him on most days. The worlds are probably too hard for him as well.
Maybe we should let Cancellara actually race Wiggins before declaring that Wiggins can beat Cancellara most days in the tt. The last time they raced both on top form Cancellara caught wiggins half way in having started 2 minutes behind. wiggins improved a lot last year but canc was coming back from an injury so we dent know that wiggis would definitely beat him

Also both Wiggins and Boonen are older than Cancellara so to dismiss fab because of age while hyping them as his new superiors, does have its flaws.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 01-07-13 at 16:16.
Old 01-07-13, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
I was beginning to enjoy taking credit from everyone for picking your entire team
Argh
Old 01-07-13, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF'Wilco View Post
Im quite surprised that McCarthy was so unpopular, only 12 teams have him even though he was one of the best u23 riders last season and he's joining one of the best teams in developing riders. Well, thats greats news for me
I considered him until the end, than I went for other young guys a little bit older, like Aru, Barbin, Dombrosky, Dennis and even Cherneskiy (that was selected by only 2 more teams...) plus Coquard that is cheaper and IMO stronger
Old 01-07-13, 16:30

Hitch I partly, but only partly, agree with you on Cancellara.

Yes, if he scores close to 2000 he's likely a game winner, but that's a big if. Most likely he will score somewhere between 1400 and 1600 like he has previously done. I do agree, though, that if there's ever a year to score close to 2000 this will probably be it (actually, 2012 was probably the best year to do so because of the Olympics) - but that's only if he skips the Tour. Let's wait and see about that one. And besides, he's doing the Giro this year which obviously isn't a good thing.

If he ends up between 1400 and 1600, perhaps a little higher, which I think is very likely, he's really not that influential a pick because those with him are quite satisfied but so are these without him.

In my opinion, Fabian is actually a pretty conservative choice. Most likely, you'll get a somewhat decent return, with a chance of him paying off big time and with only a small chance of failure (like this year where he scored 1000 anyway).

Same goes for Cavendish by the way, though I'd rate him a slightly worse pick.

Last edited by Hugo Koblet; 01-07-13 at 16:35.
Old 01-07-13, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoSheva View Post
I considered him until the end, than I went for other young guys a little bit older, like Aru, Barbin, Dombrosky, Dennis and even Cherneskiy (that was selected by only 2 more teams...) plus Coquard that is cheaper and IMO stronger
I have most of them but some left out like two Italians (Aru - i doubt he will have many chances to ride for himself this season and after reading so much about doping in Italian amateurs i have big doubts about his real value. Same goes with Barbin who will ride for Bardiani where actually none of the great talents had a good first season (e.g. Battaglin) and this guy is mostly a sprinter so he will have to work for both Modolo and Collbrelli before getting his own chances. The last guy i didint pick from that group is Chernetskiy because i have absolutely no faith in young Russians.
Old 01-07-13, 17:15

Quote:
I have most of them but some left out like two Italians (Aru - i doubt he will have many chances to ride for himself this season and after reading so much about doping in Italian amateurs i have big doubts about his real value. Same goes with Barbin who will ride for Bardiani where actually none of the great talents had a good first season (e.g. Battaglin) and this guy is mostly a sprinter so he will have to work for both Modolo and Collbrelli before getting his own chances. The last guy i didint pick from that group is Chernetskiy because i have absolutely no faith in young Russians.
I do not agree on the italians... Moser, Guardini, Viviani, Modolo.... all of them are doing really well even throug the professionals..
Old 01-07-13, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoSheva View Post
and what about JTL? only 14teams selected him... it's risky because of the cost (almost 600points...) but I think he can manage to double them...he can be the leader (with Henao) of Sky in the Ardennes and take some points in races like Tour of Polonia and similar...
I took the plunge on JTL because I think Sky's marginal gains approach will work wonders on him. It's a gamble, though. The same JTL as last year could still make a reasonable profit, I guess, if he gets to focus on the smaller races (such as Poland), but Farrar and Rolland could turn out to be way better picks in that price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Hitch I partly, but only partly, agree with you on Cancellara.

Yes, if he scores close to 2000 he's likely a game winner, but that's a big if. Most likely he will score somewhere between 1400 and 1600 like he has previously done. I do agree, though, that if there's ever a year to score close to 2000 this will probably be it (actually, 2012 was probably the best year to do so because of the Olympics) - but that's only if he skips the Tour. Let's wait and see about that one. And besides, he's doing the Giro this year which obviously isn't a good thing.

If he ends up between 1400 and 1600, perhaps a little higher, which I think is very likely, he's really not that influential a pick because those with him are quite satisfied but so are these without him.

In my opinion, Fabian is actually a pretty conservative choice. Most likely, you'll get a somewhat decent return, with a chance of him paying off big time and with only a small chance of failure (like this year where he scored 1000 anyway).

Same goes for Cavendish by the way, though I'd rate him a slightly worse pick.
Pretty much agreed. I know Cance said so, but I highly doubt that he will skip the Tour, with the TTT and his friendship with the Schlecks in mind.
Old 01-07-13, 17:33

Quote:
Interesting take. I strongly considered McCarthy, but if he was on last year's Saxo I would've taken him. I know how Riis' reputation with talent is, but the team seems to be growing back to its CSC stature, and I felt like he'd get less chances. re: Barbin and Aru, I don't share your opinion that Colnago/Bardiani is the reason these talents don't have a good first year, rather than the riders themselves. With them changing to such a youthful squad this year, I don't see how the youth couldn't get chances. And Aru - well, I said it before, but he seems strong enough to make his own chances.

I think you've got a great team so I'm looking forward to cheering on these particular choices and seeing how it plays out (ie. I hope I'm right!)