Originally Posted by TeoSheva
I do not agree on the italians... Moser, Guardini, Viviani, Modolo.... all of them are doing really well even throug the professionals..
Yes but only Modolo is riding for Bardiani and yes, he had a nice first year but guys like Brambilla, Colbrelli or Battaglin didin't and my bet is that similar thing willl happen to Barbin. If he had joined Cannondale he would be one of my first riders to pick for the team.
I think you've got a great team so I'm looking forward to cheering on these particular choices and seeing how it plays out (ie. I hope I'm right!)
Thanks! Ive made some risky picks (like Intxausti) but thats the only way to improve my last year's place.
Imo the most important decisions for my team were:
- picking three very expensive guys (Cance, Evans, Gilbert)
- leaving out Aru, Lutsenko and Jungels (big names)
- picking McCarthy (rare pick with great potential)
- leaving out Stybar (my bet he won't score more than 500) and Breschel (similar to Styby, no more than 500)
- Bryan Coquard (also not very popular but he's a great prospect)
- Benat Intxausti (leader for Giro, perfect rider for one week races, expecting breakthrough season for him and score around 1000)
and ofc picking the full list of obvious riders like Andy, Hushovd, Kennaugh, Thomas etc. Now let's wait and see whow this will work out