The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 55 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-07-13, 20:34

Starting my first season with these guys:

San Luis:
Aru
Docker
Hushovd

TdU:
Bobridge
Dennis
Farrar
Favilli
Gilbert
Guardini
Lloyd
Ponzi
Rojas
Schleck A
Thomas

La Tropicale Amissa Bongo:
Cattaneo
Kern
Old 01-07-13, 21:01

Surprised Kruopis was a unique pick (not for me I might add). Suspect he will be pretty high in the Orica sprinting hierarchy.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-07-13, 21:26

So... who's got most Australians?
Old 01-07-13, 21:28

I think I'm starting the season Down Under with

Jack Bobridge
Rohan Dennis
Philippe Gilbert
Andrea Guardini
Damien Howson
Michael Matthews
Lachlan Morton
Andy Schleck
Tom Jelte Slagter
Geraint Thomas

Should be good for some points.
Old 01-07-13, 21:56

Looking at other people's lists I'll have a good squad at TDU, but I can't be ased finding out exactly who.
Old 01-07-13, 22:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenedge View Post
I am surprised only 4 people picked Rolland.
As am I. With Besseges, Tour Med and Langkawi in the early season he will score bucketloads of points plus he was injured for part of last season and unlucky in LBL not to score more because he was extremely impressive (despite just coming back from injury). Add to all that a climber-friendly Tour de France in 2013 and he probably is not far from being (if not) the best value in his price range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoSheva View Post
another rider that had a really poor consideration IMO (only 6 team!!) is Tom Dumoulin: he's still very young and in the last year as neopro he raced only minor races (no 2.WT races that can suit him very well) but he already had good results (6th in Andalucia, 5th in Luxemburg, 10th at Vuelta a Burgos). He can easily double his point and getting even something more...
I did not pick him for the same reason I did not pick Quintana : I had both last year and was happy with their performances so I did not wish to "tarnish" their legacy by picking them again and risking a mediocre season afterwards (I call it the Pinot rule because if only I had applied it to Pinot in 2012 after picking him in his breakthrough year in 2011 I could have greatly increased my score in 2012). Speaking of Pinot (which made my team every year for better or for worse, hopefully for the better this year), his injury isn't too serious as he was hopeful to be able to ride for FDJ's training camp which starts tomorrow. Anyway, Dumoulin is a solid pick but hardly a game changer as he will struggle to score on the WT as you pointed out yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
Tyler Farrar - 521:

I don't really like Tyler Farrar. But I do believe that he's a better sprinter than he showed this year. Hell, he was one of the last cuts off my team last year at 952 or whatever, I can't overlook him at 521. I feel like he had some crashes and bad luck, and maybe he's past his magic years as a sprinter despite being still young, but he's THE sprinter in Garmin and he'll get chances at the GTs, and he'll clock up points unless he crashes even more.
I just have a feeling that he hasn't been the same since Weylandt's crash unfortunately, hence why I dropped him from my team.
Old 01-07-13, 22:07

All this pre-season excitement makes me chuckle because I know by May I will be talking to myself and very few others
Old 01-07-13, 22:12

So? It's quite logical that the excitement is highest now and that's fine.
Old 01-07-13, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQmanager View Post
All this pre-season excitement makes me chuckle because I know by May I will be talking to myself and very few others
true story.

TDU
stannard
thomas
rojas
schleck
dennis
bobridge
kelderman
gilbert

San Luis
Aru
Oss
hushovd
ospina

didn't bother checking the rest of san luis.

Last edited by gerundium; 01-07-13 at 22:21.
Old 01-07-13, 23:04

Tour Down Under
Sutton
Thomas
Rojas
Hermans
Schleck
Farrar
Henderson
Bobridge
Appolonio
Meyer
Gilbert

San Luis
Hushovd
Petacchi
Cobo
Howard
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.