The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 57 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-08-13, 05:23

Last year I made Top 20 which was a surprise considering I was one of very few having doper GALIMZYANOV on my team. Not sure if I will be able to repeat that as the competition is pretty tight this year and I'm missing some "obvious" picks.

Good luck to all!

Team Jancouver

GILBERT Philippe 1086
BENNATI Daniele 578
HUTAROVICH Yauheni 413
FERRARI Roberto 412
GUARDINI Andrea 404
SWIFT Ben 388
TAARAMÄE Rein 384
ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin 366
FEILLU Romain 352
VANMARCKE Sep 345
STYBAR Zdenek 312
REBELLIN Davide 276
DENNIS Rohan 271
KÖNIG Leopold 224
DOMBROWSKI Joseph Lloyd 194
DEKKER Thomas 186
THOMAS Geraint 181
GADRET John 179
PONZI Simone 165
TRENTIN Matteo 158
KEOUGH Jake 133
NUYENS Nick 99
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose 96
ROUX Anthony 80
HUSHOVD Thor 76
MAASKANT Martijn 37
JOEAAR Gert 29
CRADDOCK Lawson 26
SCHLECK Andy 20
ZABEL Rick 16
NOVIKOV Nikita 5
BOBRIDGE Jack 0
KENNAUGH Peter 0
Old 01-08-13, 08:05

I agree with those who predict the game will be closer this year. I think so as well.

Oh, and then I just stumbled across this old message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob747 View Post
You know your team sucks, when you're already looking forward to next season in freaking May.

I guess no matter how much I wish it was different, there is no way to totally ignore bargains and focus solely on a pure talent-squad. It simply won't add up. Back to the drawing board!

Thanks again for an awesome game!
So one would imagine that Jakob used another tactic this year, right? Well, uhm, no. His oldest rider is Taaramäe. Jakob - what do you have to say to your defence?
Old 01-08-13, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
It's hard to know with them since they have so many sprinters. Last year he was at least one who delivered most to his ability for them. Now they also have Matthews back and some more riders perhaps focusing more on the road than on track so perhaps that changes things. With the relative success he had last year I think he might struggle to make a massive improvement considering the added competition on the team. In the end though it comes down to who can deliver the goods so there is always a chance he will outshine the other sprinters.
It looks as though he atleast will go head to head against Guardini in Langkawi
Old 01-08-13, 09:22

I'm content with my line up for the first few races; should do better than last year with this:

Tropicale Amissa Bongo:
CATTANEO Mattia
WACKERMANN Luca
ROLLAND Pierre

San Luis:
HUSHOVD Thor
KOCH Michel
POZZATO Filippo
COBO ACEBO Juan Jose
OSPINA HERNANDEZ Argiro Alonso

TDU:
THOMAS Geraint
SCHLECK Andy
MORTON Lachlan David
BOBRIDGE Jack
KELDERMAN Wilco
SLAGTER Tom Jelte
MEYER Cameron
ELISSONDE Kenny
Old 01-08-13, 09:31

Watch Berhane win Tropicale now I dropped him for scoring too heavily in November
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-08-13, 09:33

Australian Road Championships Time Trial
DURBRIDGE Luke
BOBRIDGE Jack

Australian Road Championships Road Race
DURBRIDGE Luke
BOBRIDGE Jack

Tour de San Luis
HUSHOVD Thor
OSS Daniel
MALORI Adriano
OSPINA HERNANDEZ Argiro Alonso

Tour Down Under
SCHLECK Andy
BOBRIDGE Jack
KELDERMAN Wilco
STANNARD Ian
THOMAS Geraint
GILBERT Philippe

Last edited by GP Blanco; 01-08-13 at 12:19.
Old 01-08-13, 10:58

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
I agree with those who predict the game will be closer this year. I think so as well.

Oh, and then I just stumbled across this old message:

So one would imagine that Jakob used another tactic this year, right? Well, uhm, no. His oldest rider is Taaramäe. Jakob - what do you have to say to your defence?
Nothing. Guilty as charge.

My conscience just doesn’t allow me to add P. Gilbert. F. Cancellara, C. Evans. T. Hushovd or Andy Schleck. Ect – Ect… All those obvious names. I just don’t find it fun to have a squad who is similar to more or less everyone else’s.

I would rather finish dead last I guess . For me this game gives me another reason to follow the young guns extra close. That’s enough for me. So while everyone will probably be off to a great start with P. Gilbert for-example, I will instead be following Tom Jelte Slagter, Elia Favilli or Kenny Elissonde with suspense on Old Willunga.

I stand by my last sentence as well though. It truly is an awesome game and regardless of how everyone plays it, whether it’s to win or just to follow some of your favorite riders or whatever, I truly wish everyone have as much fun as I do during the year.

I strongly hope I am around in May as well… Then, we can continue the debate Hugo… I am always up for discussing some of your picks… But more so the likes of Diego Rosa or Emilien Viennet for-example than Andy Schleck or Davide Rebellin.

Good luck tonight with Rohan Dennis. I don’t know the course, but surely he will top-3?...
Old 01-08-13, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Watch Berhane win Tropicale now I dropped him for scoring too heavily in November
I think he'll do good(reasonable) numbers for the few that selected him. Of which I'm surprised tha it was only 5 of us.
Old 01-08-13, 11:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_pacino View Post
I think he'll do good(reasonable) numbers for the few that selected him. Of which I'm surprised tha it was only 5 of us.
I was a little cautious of picking Berhane after picking Chtioui the year before, who did ok and doubled his score but was mainly stuck riding a lot of 1.2 races and I feared the same may happen with Berhane.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-08-13, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
pick him for the youth game!