Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-08-13, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakob747 View Post
Nothing. Guilty as charge.

My conscience just doesn’t allow me to add P. Gilbert. F. Cancellara, C. Evans. T. Hushovd or Andy Schleck. Ect – Ect… All those obvious names. I just don’t find it fun to have a squad who is similar to more or less everyone else’s.

I would rather finish dead last I guess . For me this game gives me another reason to follow the young guns extra close. That’s enough for me. So while everyone will probably be off to a great start with P. Gilbert for-example, I will instead be following Tom Jelte Slagter, Elia Favilli or Kenny Elissonde with suspense on Old Willunga.

I stand by my last sentence as well though. It truly is an awesome game and regardless of how everyone plays it, whether it’s to win or just to follow some of your favorite riders or whatever, I truly wish everyone have as much fun as I do during the year.

I strongly hope I am around in May as well… Then, we can continue the debate Hugo… I am always up for discussing some of your picks… But more so the likes of Diego Rosa or Emilien Viennet for-example than Andy Schleck or Davide Rebellin.

Good luck tonight with Rohan Dennis. I don’t know the course, but surely he will top-3?...
I follow you completely.

The most joy for me from this game comes from picking youngsters that do well. I don't really like picking guys like Hushovd, Nuyens etc., because I don't get any excitement from following them. I find it much more fun finding more unknown youngsters to cheer for. For instance, Schnaidt was one of the first names on my team list, and I would rather have Viennet than Bobridge or Kennaugh on my team.

I did, however, include must picks like Gilbert and Andy just to have a small chance of being just somewhat competitive

I really like your team, and I will definitely be rooting for your guys. Well, especially Sbaragli and Rosa, I guess What are your expectations from these guys this year? I think especially Sbaragli can have a very good season.

Actually, it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on many of the riders on your team: Romero, Fumeaux and Vuillermoz I don't know at all.

Who else were in your consideration this year? I really, really wanted to fit in Cattaneo but simply couldn't. I need 1 more point, then I could have swapped Bongiorno for Cattaneo, but I guess the former will be fun to follow as well. Manfredi were in my team for a long time, while I also considered Masnada, Senechal, Reis, Van Stuyven, Fraile and Carretero if I ever needed some cheaper ones.

Regarding Dennis, then yes, I do expect him to top 3 and get an early, small lead against Lutsenko and Vino attacks everyone . In my opinion, he's the second biggest favorite after Durbridge. Porte is definitely dangerous, though, while Bobridge is an unknown factor.

Last edited by Hugo Koblet; 01-08-13 at 12:05.
Old 01-08-13, 11:21

Forgot Schleck. ****!
Old 01-08-13, 12:42

re good startlist sites, cyclingfever.com used to be my go to site - but procyclingstats.com is proving to be very good.

Last edited by mc_mountain; 01-08-13 at 13:17. Reason: add url
Old 01-08-13, 12:55

As Colombia-Coldeportes was just handed a wildcard, the rise of young Johan Esteban Chaves has begun!
Old 01-08-13, 13:07

Especially good news for those of us who have Atapuma - unlike Duarte and Chaves, he really needs big mountains to have a chance of picking up points.
Old 01-08-13, 14:25

Vini Fantini have been invited to both the Giro & T/A.

Hope Yonathan Monslave will get to ride both.
Old 01-08-13, 14:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post
Vini Fantini have been invited to both the Giro & T/A.

Hope Yonathan Monslave will get to ride both.
if he gets a full season he must get 5x his score.
Old 01-08-13, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
I follow you completely.

The most joy for me from this game comes from picking youngsters that do well. I don't really like picking guys like Hushovd, Nuyens etc., because I don't get any excitement from following them. I find it much more fun finding more unknown youngsters to cheer for. For instance, Schnaidt was one of the first names on my team list, and I would rather have Viennet than Bobridge or Kennaugh on my team.

I did, however, include must picks like Gilbert and Andy just to have a small chance of being just somewhat competitive

I really like your team, and I will definitely be rooting for your guys. Well, especially Sbaragli and Rosa, I guess What are your expectations from these guys this year? I think especially Sbaragli can have a very good season.

Actually, it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts on many of the riders on your team: Romero, Fumeaux and Vuillermoz I don't know at all.

Who else were in your consideration this year? I really, really wanted to fit in Cattaneo but simply couldn't. I need 1 more point, then I could have swapped Bongiorno for Cattaneo, but I guess the former will be fun to follow as well. Manfredi were in my team for a long time, while I also considered Masnada, Senechal, Reis, Van Stuyven, Fraile and Carretero if I ever needed some cheaper ones.

Regarding Dennis, then yes, I do expect him to top 3 and get an early, small lead against Lutsenko and Vino attacks everyone . In my opinion, he's the second biggest favorite after Durbridge. Porte is definitely dangerous, though, while Bobridge is an unknown factor.
K. Sbaragil is a very classy cyclist. When he won the Italian Championships as an allievo (16 years old) Diego Ulissi requested him as a team-mate on Ambra Cavallini Vangi in 2007.

Last year he finished in the top-5 in almost every one-day race he entered. I think he can be a future “classicmano”. Super strong and with a great sprint, I love how he possesses that crazy acceleration jump whenever he opens up. A little bit like S. Modolo or R. Feillu.

Diego Rosa is a climber of very high caliber. Super combative always seeking to be in the breakaways. I think he can be a real revelation this season. He finished 13th on the stage up to Passo Gavia which J. Dombrowski won. However, I think this is very misleading because no doubt he was among the five-six best climbers on the day. Again he was in a huge breakaway and first over both Pinzolo and Passo Tonale. At least he secured the climbers jersey.

Jonathan Fumeaux was discovered by Julien Pinot who brought him on to CC Etupes back in 2009. J. Fumeaux is good friends and occasionally training-partner with Thibaut Pinot. I guess you could find worse company. Anyhow J. Fumeaux is a good climber and when I look at the IAM line-up I just don’t see who should hinder him in trying his own luck! I mean Lofkvist and Tschopp are solid but if I had to point on one potential break-out climber on IAM it would be Jonathan Fumeaux.

Alexis Vuillermoz is a former Mountain-biker and a really really good one I might add. He was second at the European Junior Championship back in 2006 and second at the World U23 Championship in 2009. I think he will surprise a lot of people in 2013. He is only 1.74cm and 61kg and an excellent climber. However, he lacks a little power on the flat, but there is no denying his class. Exiting prospect.

Jeffrey Johan Romero Corredor is from Boyacá and if there is one thing you can say about riders from Boyacá is that they know how to suffer better than anyone. In 2010 he finished 4th on GC in Vuelta Colombia U23. In 2011 on Alto de la Linea he was glued to the wheel of Nairo Quintana for the first 10kms of the accent. He went over the top in around 20th position but when you climb top-20 on Alto de la Linea at 22 years of age you have a lot of potential.

In Clásica de Fusagasugá 2011 they finished on the HC climb of Alto de Romeral and J.J. Romero finished second behind Librado Nino. But he out-climbed his team-captain Freddy Montana. A Colombian who is a little under the radar but I think if you see his 2012 results from July to August you will agree he looks extremely promising and with potential to build upon?
Old 01-08-13, 15:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by element View Post
Forgot Schleck. ****!
One does not simply, lol. He's been mentioned everywhere in the threads too.
Old 01-08-13, 15:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartista View Post
Especially good news for those of us who have Atapuma - unlike Duarte and Chaves, he really needs big mountains to have a chance of picking up points.
His stock value certainly went up this afternoon.
Figured them for a Giro wildcard, so that's why
I picked him.