World Politics - Page 1281 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 01-08-13, 02:46

When does global warming kick in? Daytime highs have been like -10C here. During night it's 20 below.

Everyone drive more for a couple of weeks.
Old 01-08-13, 03:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post
When does global warming kick in? Daytime highs have been like -10C here. During night it's 20 below.

Nice to see some.of you yanks use the proper measurement system for temperature.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-08-13, 05:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Wayne Swan lack of intelligence shines again. Tries to call a discussion paper about compulsory voting as a "tactics of the Tea Party in the United States, trying to stop people from exercising their democratic rights". I want what he is smoking. Somehow voluntary voting according to him is undemocratic. Unbelievable how stupid he is.
acf I thought you supported compulsory voting?

Obviously you would put it better than Swanny...
Old 01-08-13, 05:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroDeal View Post

Trade?

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/char...t=Refresh+View

Last edited by Ferminal; 01-08-13 at 05:03.
Old 01-08-13, 05:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Crikey. According to that chart, Australia is on fire and I live in conditions worse than Antarctica.

If global temps go up five degrees then you aussies are boned. It'll be Saudi Australia for y'all.
Old 01-08-13, 05:34

Quote:
Perth generally has it the worst. You guys have 40oC temperatures quite regularly, I almost feel sorry for you. I have often wanted to holiday in Perth during the summer holidays although the heat does turn me off a bit. Melbourne is going to be quite nice over the coming week, excluding Friday. Should be good for the Nationals in Ballarat.

BroDeal will not want to trade positions with you Ferminal because January in Australia is spider time.

Quote:
acf I thought you supported compulsory voting?

Obviously you would put it better than Swanny...
I do support compulsory voting but Swan's comments were plain absurd and nonsensical.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.

Last edited by auscyclefan94; 01-08-13 at 05:42.
Old 01-08-13, 05:57

Speaking of the weather, it's currently insane in Sydney at the moment. 43 degrees don't do it justice- the best way I can describe what it really feels like would be a scenario in which it's a hot day, you've parked your car in the sun for a few hours, you get inside and don't roll down the windows or turn on the aircon. It's just brutal!
Old 01-08-13, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
Movingtarget, if you ever have a silly leftie use the Abbott-misogyny claims against him, just remember to use some of Julia Gillard's positions when President of the Australian Union of Students.

http://newsweekly.com.au/article.php?id=4346
I don't need convincing, it might be childish but every time I hear her voice I turn the volume to zero. If she gets re-elected I may have to immigrate. My loathing has no limit.
Old 01-08-13, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Speaking of the weather, it's currently insane in Sydney at the moment. 43 degrees don't do it justice- the best way I can describe what it really feels like would be a scenario in which it's a hot day, you've parked your car in the sun for a few hours, you get inside and don't roll down the windows or turn on the aircon. It's just brutal!
It's the same down here in Wollongong, no sea breeze today. Brutal is right. Thankfully we only get if for one day. In central Australia they have had a week at 47 degrees !
Old 01-08-13, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtarget View Post
I don't need convincing, it might be childish but every time I hear her voice I turn the volume to zero. If she gets re-elected I may have to immigrate. My loathing has no limit.
I feel the same way. She annoys the crap out of me. I would prefer a prick like Keating as PM than this woman.

To cheer up the mood and for some entertainment, take a look at this amusing video of Bob Katter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4e8qkBt5JQ
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.