Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-08-13, 13:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
that is not a very accurate analogy, she did not complete the course, so she couldn't have won.
She says she completed the course. She was the victim of a witch hunt. I like her creditablity
Old 01-08-13, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
She says she completed the course. She was the victim of a witch hunt. I like her creditablity
Her credibility is impeccable she went on to embezzle $60,000 from her employers and then got arrested for a coke deal in Florida.

p.s. thanks for posting Ruiz story wasn't"t aware of it. Also didn't Garin win the 1904 TDF by taking a train?
Old 01-08-13, 13:48

[QUOTE=Neworld;1106028]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Gotta laugh at the nonsense Wonderboy is spewing on Strava. Desperate for attention.

http://app.strava.com/athletes/125154

I would love to ask those guys...now that they know how doped you were Lance.
-your 4-5 RBC taps vs their 2
-your synthetic RBC vs none for them
-your low natural HCT and hyper-response to EPO.
-your buying off the UCI/ASO, and turning on fellow riders (Tyler, Floyd, Operation P)

Trying learning to spell Ullrich first. Has anyone asked Ulle if his stress disorder has suddenly lifted, and been replaced with unstoppable laughter?
That is pretty funny stuff. S now he spends his time trolling the comments on Strava to make himself feel relevant. No come down there.
Old 01-08-13, 13:59

This is all so hilarious. Lance spent his entire life abusing the average person and trying to show how superior he was and now that he has been knocked off his pedestal he wants to be one of us. Through Strava no less. He doesn't want to get too close though. What an effing loser he is.

Last edited by veganrob; 01-08-13 at 14:00. Reason: missed word
Old 01-08-13, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbleStoner View Post
<snip>

so Bennatti, let's say your wife was pregnant and ready to deliver, on the way to the hospital you rolled through a stop sign. A week later you get a letter from the police saying they have you on video rolling the stop sign, since that is illegal, your trip to the hospital now didn't happen, are going to believe them?
I get a fine, I pay the fine. That is life.

I am not going to lie about doing something illegal and use my wife's pregnancy as justification for my wrong doing.

Armstrong got caught he was not fined but he was stripped. The stripping nullifies his wins. That is how sport works.

That is how sport works. Everytime I see Armstrong I associate him with doping, cheating and bullying, the last thing I associate Armstrong is with winning. He is not considered a winner he is considered a cheater, a doper, a fraud, a liar, a bully and most of all a coward.

If cycling fans do not think along similar lines then I would suggest there is something wrong with they manner in which they view the sport. One can not consider Armstrong a winner. His actions in sport have proven him to be anything but a winner. We are talking about sport, remember that.
Old 01-08-13, 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
This is all so hilarious. Lance spent his entire life abusing the average person and trying to show how superior he was and now that he has been knocked off his pedestal he wants to be one of us. Through Strava no less. He doesn't want to get too close though. What an effing loser he is.
I did check out his Strava site, though had to laugh at all of the other Lance Armstrongs out there.

In his most recent endeavour, he collected a CR during a run. Even dopers need trophies.

The best part was when I checked the leader board for that segment. There was only one participant, Lance himself.

Anyone can add a segment.

But, scooping a CR/KOM on a monopolized segment, while almost certainly still doping - while using Strava as a self-promotion vehicle - then having fanboys and girls gush ('show us your legs Lance...'*) all over it?

Now that is the kind of behavior you can from someone who would cheat their way to seven TdFs.

Dave.

*Was that you CobbleStoner?

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 01-08-13, 15:32

Sports is supposed to be about playing by the rules. The rules say that when a rider is disqualified the win goes to the next place rider. That didn't happen in this case. Why didn't it happen? Because the rules don't mean anything in pro cycling. Pro cycling is a joke. Better to laugh at the circus than to take it seriously.

Floyd's ride to Morzine gave me a huge charge when it happened. Nothing is going to nullify that vicarious experience. Same with Armstrong's win on Plateau de Beilles. Now, I'm sure those rides were drug-saturated, but that present knowledge doesn't diminish the experience I had at the time of the race. It's not like I'm going to edit my memories to make them conform to some bizarre standard.

The past experiences have colored my present view of the sport, though. Now I am completely convinced that cycling is a filthy doped up circus. The "clean" riders, if there are any, are marginalized and are tasked with supporting and whitewashing the entire filthy enterprise.

I'm not going to rag on Cobblestoner for thinking Lance "won" his Tours. The sport is so messed up that it doesn't matter who wins or loses. It's just a filthy circus that's fun to watch. The only thing that matters is whether or not Kolobdnev gets his money in the end.
Old 01-08-13, 15:36
Administrator

To me, the simple fact that Armstrong contacted Tygart and floated this confession balloon is an act of admission. He has now admitted to doping. I don't need more details from his mouth unless he's going to tell the entire truth, and is willing to make full apologies and reparations to those he damaged and abused over the years. Do that, or shut up and go away. There is nothing in between.
Old 01-08-13, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
Sports is supposed to be about playing by the rules. ...Now, I'm sure those rides were drug-saturated, but that present knowledge doesn't diminish the experience I had at the time of the race. It's not like I'm going to edit my memories to make them conform to some bizarre standard.
Maybe you cannot edit them, but one should now significantly qualify those memories, and I agree if that is what you mean by 'colouring' them!

Quote:
The past experiences have colored my present view of the sport, though. Now I am completely convinced that cycling is a filthy doped up circus. The "clean" riders, if there are any, are marginalized and are tasked with supporting and whitewashing the entire filthy enterprise.

I'm not going to rag on Cobblestoner for thinking Lance "won" his Tours. The sport is so messed up that it doesn't matter who wins or loses. It's just a filthy circus that's fun to watch. The only thing that matters is whether or not Kolobdnev gets his money in the end.
What you, C-stoner and we all watched with an unreal, *******ized, unfair 2D(if on TV) or 3D/holographic (if in person) charade by a loser named Armstrong. You may want to rent the movie "Videodrome" by D. Cronenberg to see something similar and equally as unreal.
Old 01-08-13, 15:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkvW View Post
The only thing that matters is whether or not Kolobnev gets his money in the end.
Nicely put.

But, it could be, have been a great sport were people battle with the same arms. Untill that is not accomplished we will be attending the circus instead of a sporting event.