Most overambitious rider? - Page 5 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-08-13, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Lol wut

It has *nothing* to do with him being Norwegian and me being Dane. In cobble races I cheer for Boonen (and have done so since I started watching them) even though he was the rival of Canc and CSC/Saxo. Likewise I also hate Fuglsang, and the only Danish rider I like is CAS, but that's only because he makes a funny face when racing. In the same way I like EBH as a stage hunter or in light hilly races.

And about football I could care any less. BOTH the Danish team as well as the Norwegian is total sh!t and play ugly.
I don't know what Hushovd had to say about it, but Boonen said he took a lot of risks taking that corner in the hope Hushovd would crash or leave a gap. He knew Hushovd was on the limit.

edit: oops, meant to quote Maltiv.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-08-13 at 19:50.
Old 01-08-13, 20:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriuscat View Post
Anyone mentioned the Schleck boys yet......
Just the usual pathetic Contador fan at it again, the Schlecks don't belong in this thread at all. Andy wants to do well in the Ardennes and the Tour. That's hardly too ambitious, but you are just looking for more ways to ridicule him. Wasn't Contador trying to do the impossible Giro-Tour double in 2011 btw?
Old 01-08-13, 20:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
The lack of cobbled stages at the tdf ranks among aso's greatest crimes.
They've (aso) seen in 2010. that cobbles make controversy, and thought it's better to leave them out than to explain to fans why they (cobbles) were included in the first place.
Especially when the cobbles do their job.
Old 01-08-13, 20:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
Just the usual pathetic Contador fan at it again, the Schlecks don't belong in this thread at all. Andy wants to do well in the Ardennes and the Tour. That's hardly too ambitious, but you are just looking for more ways to ridicule him. Wasn't Contador trying to do the impossible Giro-Tour double in 2011 btw?
Oh no a scary Contador fan spoke again oh mummy!!

No Andy wants to win the in the Ardennes and the Tour, he's never going to win a GT on the road ergo he's being overly ambitious.

Yeah he did and looking at his placings a little more luck he might have pulled it off but in the end he didn't....at least he's willing to try!

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org
Old 01-08-13, 20:33

Quote:

No Andy wants to win the in the Ardennes and the Tour, he's never going to win a GT on the road ergo he's being overly ambitious.

Yeah he did and looking at his placings a little more luck he might have pulled it off but in the end he didn't....at least he's willing to try!
Andy will win a real GT on the road for sure, that would be just insane if not

Unless if he always starts riding the tour, then maybe but otherwise no.
Old 01-08-13, 20:40

Quote:

I know you've already made up your mind about Schleck, and that's what's bothering me.
He's lazy, and I didn't like him very much either until recently. But seeing that he comes back from a serious injury and that he's very motivated for 2013 I'll support him this year. And someone who won LBL at 24 years, and finished 2nd in the TdF three times in row when he was 26 has imo the right to aspire taking yellow home, even with a horrible 2012 behind him.(and even with horrible TT skills )

Last edited by Pentacycle; 01-08-13 at 20:44.
Old 01-08-13, 20:41
Administrator

Quote:

Winning a GT and the Ardennes are in no way outside of Andy's abilities, he's proved time and time again he has what it takes to compete in a GT and in the Ardennes. Therefore he is not being overambitious.

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 01-08-13, 20:45

Quote:
A guy who's placed 2nd few times in the Tour cannot be qualified as 'overambitious'. Be serious.
Old 01-08-13, 20:53
Banned

Does anyone think Cancellara's ambition to win LBL and Lombardia is overambitious? He mentioned these goals couple of times.
Several years ago I thought it wasn't unfounded if he starts riding and studying them, but now I think it's overambitious.
Old 01-08-13, 21:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacycle View Post
I know you've already made up your mind about Schleck, and that's what's bothering me.
He's lazy, and I didn't like him very much either until recently. But seeing that he comes back from a serious injury and that he's very motivated for 2013 I'll support him this year. And someone who won LBL at 24 years, and finished 2nd in the TdF three times in row when he was 26 has imo the right to aspire taking yellow home, even with a horrible 2012 behind him.(and even with horrible TT skills )
I keep saying it...when he shows us something of that exceptional god given talent of his, i'll show some respect, until then it's wasted. I honestly think every time he opens his mouth he's being over ambitious, at times he's simply pathetic, Gap in 2011 as a prime example.

My views everyone, we are all allowed them.

www.justcycling.myfastforum.org