Sky - Page 1142 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-08-13, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
I don't know how Siutsou and Rogers were so high riding for the clean Highroad outfit, must be an error.
Popo was a 10 and he's still racing... Lucky dude.
Clearly the list was working and the UCI tested them more often... wait..
Old 01-08-13, 08:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltiv View Post
I agree there are some names on that list that are clearly ill-placed, such as Horner (0) and Lance (4), but that doesn't make the entire list worthless. It's not like they just made it up...People who are high rated most likely have unstable blood values, but of course some of them might have plausible, non-doping related explanations.
Is it really that surprising that Bruyneel's guys are lower than we might expect? Little wonder to me that just as having the best doctors pre-passport helped you not test positive better than the rest; having the best doctors now would help you beat the passport better than the rest.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton

Last edited by will10; 01-08-13 at 09:31.
Old 01-08-13, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
They've just hired that Triathlon guy and Sutton is also heavily involved with the GB track team. Would not surprise me if he replaced Dan Hunt at British Cycling.
He's Dan Hunts boss.
Old 01-08-13, 10:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatParker117 View Post
Wouldn't the lack of a spleen screw up your blood profile? (In the case of GT)
It would certainly make it more erratic than if you still had your spleen.
Old 01-08-13, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Is it really that surprising that Bruyneel's guys are lower than we might expect? Little wonder to me that just as having the best doctors pre-passport helped you not test positive better than the rest; having the best doctors now would help you beat the passport better than the rest.
That is a plausible explanation. Although now we know LAs actual blood test parameters from 2009, which were arguably highly suspect, it doesnt make sense to me that he didn't get a higher score (if it is an objective tool based on good analysis). I suppose we don't know what period they took into account, or the values from anyone else scoring higher, so difficult to comment on this.
Old 01-08-13, 23:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtea View Post
That is a plausible explanation. Although now we know LAs actual blood test parameters from 2009, which were arguably highly suspect, it doesnt make sense to me that he didn't get a higher score (if it is an objective tool based on good analysis). I suppose we don't know what period they took into account, or the values from anyone else scoring higher, so difficult to comment on this.
Bolded part - I don't think anyone really knows what UCI suspicion index is based on - i've so far heard Blood passport (fine) , results in races & not being tested as reasons to raise you higher or lower in the suspicion index. i.e LA might have been tested lots of times on his return but suprise suprise was negative - this according to others theories might have lowered his suspicion index rating.

However as far as i can tell this is all speculation there has never been any official release of how the UCI Suspicion Index was compiled. With regards to time period i think it was 2009 TDF (don't quote me on that its from memory - but sure you can find article on CN News or in USADA report?) Reason for method not being published would seem to be L'Equipe got hold of it without consent (know where that goes to..) and published this is why we only have the Suspicion Index for 1 particular race.

From what i've seen and read (again don't quote me as this is on memory) this was supposed to be used as guide for testing in TDF 2009 or 2010. Dunno someone more informed should be able to fill you in or look up online.
Old 01-08-13, 23:04

It was for the 2010 TDF I believe.
Old 01-08-13, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by richtea View Post
It was for the 2010 TDF I believe.
Ok - Can't be arsed to look it up at the moment. The specific TDF reference comes from an earlier post asking why Monocutie wasn't on the list to which a poster replied that he wasn't racing the TDF that year. Not sure if it was on this thread or another.

Anyway my main point was that the suspicion index by itself is pretty useless without the reference points of how it was compiled as there are too many contradictories there. It maybe useful however as corrobotary evidence. UCI should publish how this was compiled that would stop this cr&p, and let us understand it. Maybe there was political bias in the way in which it was compiled that mean explaining it would be too embarressing. - I don't know!
Old 01-08-13, 23:25
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
Ok - Can't be arsed to look it up at the moment. The specific TDF reference comes from an earlier post asking why Monocutie wasn't on the list to which a poster replied that he wasn't racing the TDF that year. Not sure if it was on this thread or another.

Anyway my main point was that the suspicion index by itself is pretty useless without the reference points of how it was compiled as there are too many contradictories there. It maybe useful however as corrobotary evidence. UCI should publish how this was compiled that would stop this cr&p, and let us understand it. Maybe there was political bias in the way in which it was compiled that mean explaining it would be too embarressing. - I don't know!
Did the UCI produce this list for WADA or ASO?
Old 01-08-13, 23:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
Did the UCI produce this list for WADA or ASO?
Sorry don't know for definite (welcome back by the way). Just looked it up on the CN news search, as Rich Tea says it was for 2010 TDF and seems to be based on Blood passport according to article i read. Although as i've said various posts on CN forum have claimed different, i haven't seen any supporting links though to verify.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-...x-of-suspicion