Lance appearing on Oprah next week - Page 11 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-09-13, 06:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page Mill Masochist View Post
It won't make a bit of difference. Lance is still banned. He has no sponsors. He has no paid speeches. The press hates him. Oprah is fat and over the hill. This joke of a confession will be a laughingstock.
______________________________ hummm.... Anyone remember that movie, Kung Fu, with David Carradine?
Remember when Master Po, that old blind bhikshu, gives Kwai Chang Caine the nick name 'Grasshopper'?
Old 01-09-13, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
With each day passing, the more disrespect I have for Armstrong. If you are going to confess to something as major as this, after 14 years of lies and deceit, hold a news conference and invite all major media. Be a man and face the music. Do it the proper way. Going on Oprah? What a wimp. I hope his kids find out about this when they grow up and emancipate from this SOB. He doesn't deserve any respect.
If it is of any consolation, apparently OJ has claimed that Oprah is partially responsible for him being in prison.

Simpson “doesn’t like Oprah. He feels like she’s partially responsible for him being in jail now,” Pardo claims. “She never let anyone like me come on the show and talk about him.”

Guess he is going to be even more upset when Lance gets on there.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 01-09-13, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotha View Post
When people first brought up Oprah as a joke, I thought it'd stay as that. This is too funny.
Exactly my first impression.

What has been a standing joke on CN forums for months is going to become a real joke.
Old 01-09-13, 07:13

Wow. Why is he talking about the past? I was wondering about his plans for this year; what he is working on, where competing and training? Why is he playing that old 'remember the time' song?

No chance of anything as good as this, is there?
Old 01-09-13, 07:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewbaccaD View Post
He.will.not.confess.

He is going to take us through a "Lance is the victim" tour of bullsh!t and nothing more. He will concede that maybe he has done some things he wished he hadn't but the USADA singled him out for no good reason, and for anyone to say that his wins were due to anything but his dedication to his training is just a lie. All of his peers think he still won, and to take it away considering what was going on in the era just proves that this is a vendetta by Tygart and nothing more. He just wants to concentrate on __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ <- fill in with Cancer Shield...and oh yea, I want to compete in Tri and asshats like Dan Empfield want me there. I'm not going to drag other people into this (when asked about Johan), because I don't want to be like those sad pathetic people like Floyd and Tyler who nobody would even know about if it weren't for me.

Bank on it.
Totally agree, thumbs up!!
Old 01-09-13, 07:33
Banned

Honestly, wasn´t this just the most logical outcome?
Now I just wonder which Hollywood director they hire to set it up.

A huge pack of salvett tissues on the table, some quite harp music in the background, maybe a couple of angels hanging down from the ceiling, hell we even might see some dim smoke floating calmly across the floor, this is gonna be awesome!

Last edited by Fidolix; 01-09-13 at 07:35.
Old 01-09-13, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom375 View Post
See his Twitter account and the Stava account mentioned in the Lance thread by Race Radio 2 days ago there are many believers out there..

Disgusting as it is these people want to believe - Santa does exist,, Not sure how i feel about lying to my son now (not about LA but about Santa)

Oprah - She's a hore! Moneyhore
I just hope Oprah put a clause in the contract which says either he comes clean, or the deal is off.
Old 01-09-13, 07:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
Absolute hoot!!! Love it
Old 01-09-13, 07:49

I'll bet he doesn't confess at all, he will probably skirt the doping issue and just talk about USADA, UCI, ASO, his history, and Livestrong.

one thing that confuses me is all the talk about giving back the prize money for first place. everybody knows that when you win a GT, you give all of your prize money to your team that rode the race to split. how are they going to get that money back from those 50+ riders?
Old 01-09-13, 07:59

I think i read earlier in this thread that Lance was going to be doing this from his own home?

Do you think he would be brazen enough to do it from his lounge room/living area that has all the yellow jerseys on the wall as just another 'up yours' to people like us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
In Lance's prime, you could take all the drugs you wanted, whenever you wanted. Ah, those were the days... If you put Contador on the program Lance was on in his prime, it would be like watching a bicycle duct-taped to the space shuttle go up the alps. You have to factor all that in when figuring out which one is the most talented