Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 01-08-13, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by auscyclefan94 View Post
I feel the same way. She annoys the crap out of me. I would prefer a prick like Keating as PM than this woman.

To cheer up the mood and for some entertainment, take a look at this amusing video of Bob Katter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4e8qkBt5JQ
Classic Katter.
Old 01-09-13, 01:45

ALP ministers now criticising Abbott because he is a volunteer firefighter. I guess Gillard sitting on her fat **** eating Tim Tams is better.

EDIT: The coward ministers now deleted their tweets.

Here's a comparison of the two leaders...
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.

Last edited by auscyclefan94; 01-09-13 at 01:56.
Old 01-09-13, 11:17

Quote:
ALP ministers now criticising Abbott because he is a volunteer firefighter. I guess Gillard sitting on her fat **** eating Tim Tams is better.

EDIT: The coward ministers now deleted their tweets.

Here's a comparison of the two leaders...
Yep she's a wonder alright. Such humanity and thoughtfulness !
Old 01-09-13, 12:08

ACF, I understand you're a right-winger, but I'm not having links to communism, 'stopping the boats' and religious/family choices as reasons to bash Julia/promote Abbott.

I consider myself a leftist, but keep your pants on, I'm no fan of Labor either. Two-party systems where they're both equally bad is so deflating

Last edited by Alphabet; 01-09-13 at 12:10.
Old 01-09-13, 12:24

Don't ruin it...
Old 01-09-13, 12:25

Holy **** Abbott has an economics degree? Can only think he got it in the 18th Century...
Old 01-09-13, 12:35

Quote:
Movingtarget, if you ever have a silly leftie use the Abbott-misogyny claims against him, just remember to use some of Julia Gillard's positions when President of the Australian Union of Students.

http://newsweekly.com.au/article.php?id=4346
Some of those arguments used are horrific. How is advocating twinning Melbourne with Leningrad relevant at all? I didn't know twinned cities did anything at all except promote tourism to each other. Dallas could twin itself with Beijing and nobody would suddenly start thinking that Texas is going to be overrun with communists posing as cultural attaches.
Old 01-09-13, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
ACF, I understand you're a right-winger, but I'm not having links to communism, 'stopping the boats' and religious/family choices as reasons to bash Julia/promote Abbott.

I consider myself a leftist, but keep your pants on, I'm no fan of Labor either. Two-party systems where they're both equally bad is so deflating
Links to communism and her failure on immigration are areas she should be taunted about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabet View Post
Some of those arguments used are horrific. How is advocating twinning Melbourne with Leningrad relevant at all? I didn't know twinned cities did anything at all except promote tourism to each other. Dallas could twin itself with Beijing and nobody would suddenly start thinking that Texas is going to be overrun with communists posing as cultural attaches.
She wanted to have an official alliance with communist Russia through connecting Leningrad and abandoning the ANZUS treaty? That is just great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
Holy **** Abbott has an economics degree? Can only think he got it in the 18th Century...
Yes, he does. Something Julia, Wayne and Joe Hockey don't have. Thank god we have Tony as Opposition leader because Turncoat (aka Turnbull) would have let us have one and we would have had many more years of Labor than we are going to have if Turncoat was still leader.
second post ever after reading the forum for the last few years and one thing i must say, ACF94 is probably the most intelligent poster here, never biased to BMC or Cadel, and never gets worked up over anything.
Old 01-13-13, 10:45

Vaclav Klaus' term as President is finally over and the centre-right in the Czech republic has had a disastrous result. Shame he has gone considering I agree with his views on free-market economics, global warming and euroskepticism.
Old 01-13-13, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblestones View Post
American politics is discussed in the other thread. This here is adult swim.
Do tell. When's that? Third Tuesday of the month?