The 2013 CQ Ranking Manager Game - Page 61 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-09-13, 09:15

Great start for the teams with Mathews and Dennis unfotunately none of them made my team.

Had my hopes on Cam Meyer and Hephurn, why did'nt any of them ride. Cam better win the road race, or i get mad.

Had the feeling that Boobridge either would be storming and podium or be totally crap, that he was crap don't bother me much as almost every team has him.

Bad start on the first race had expected some points, but hard to score point when the guys on your team don't ride. Frustrating it is.

Hope that Cam Meyer, Hass and Sutton will get my team on the score board in the road race.
Old 01-09-13, 12:08

Matthews off to an unexpectedly good start. Didn't see that coming. Could be a very serious contender for both the nationals and Tour Down Under.

Don't care much about Bobridge, as most teams have him. Sad to hear about his medical condition though. I like him as a rider.
Old 01-09-13, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Matthews off to an unexpectedly good start. Didn't see that coming. Could be a very serious contender for both the nationals and Tour Down Under.

Don't care much about Bobridge, as most teams have him. Sad to hear about his medical condition though. I like him as a rider.
Even though it is a surprise that he beat Porte, I don't think Matthews' result is that much of a surprise. He got 3rd in 2010 as well, and the field just isn't that strong.
Old 01-09-13, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Proving Ryo wrong already.

In any case I'm glad I have both Matthews and Dennis. Only 38 have the latter... could prove to be a costly mistake for those who didn't pick him.
Lol, yeah, 2nd at the Aus TT nationals (a race usually dominated by young pros as the old pros don't bother) is a sure sign of a great season ahead.

Not saying that I don't expect anything from Dennis (in fact he's on my CQ team as well) but we still don't know if the guy can properly climb, for instance.
Old 01-09-13, 14:24

Might struggle to defend his points at the TDU. It depends on his schedule, if it's non-WT I think he should get 5-600 without too much of a hassle.
Old 01-09-13, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Lol, yeah, 2nd at the Aus TT nationals (a race usually dominated by young pros as the old pros don't bother) is a sure sign of a great season ahead.

Not saying that I don't expect anything from Dennis (in fact he's on my CQ team as well) but we still don't know if the guy can properly climb, for instance.

Huh. I said "could," not "almost certainly will." To me, it's relevant to compare his time with that of Durbridge, who has already proven himself as a TTist in the pro ranks and clearly peaked for this race.

Dennis, meanwhile, had to come back from an injury. I don't think he can "climb," either, but he's more alround than Durbridge, who picked up plenty of points last year. I think it's a promising start, yes.

Last edited by 18-Valve. (pithy); 01-09-13 at 15:56.
Old 01-09-13, 15:58

Send a message via ICQ to search Send a message via Skype™ to search

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18-Valve. (pithy) View Post
Dennis, meanwhile, had to come back from an injury...
...and Durbridge crashed during a training ride yesterday. So comparing the times they set to make any conclusion about their general qualitites does not make much sense
Old 01-09-13, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by search View Post
...and Durbridge crashed during a training ride yesterday. So comparing the times they set to make any conclusion about their general qualitites does not make much sense
I read that it was nothing serious, but you're right... it could have had a significant impact on his time.
Old 01-09-13, 16:13

and yes, I've both Matthews (he was in my team even last year, so I think he can reach 1k points...) and Dennis (he can be the Moser of the year...)
Old 01-09-13, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeoSheva View Post
and yes, I've both Matthews (he was in my team even last year, so I think he can reach 1k points...) and Dennis (he can be the Moser of the year...)
Ahh, I've forgotten the pleasure of going online and finding out I've got riders that scored points!