Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-09-13, 14:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
you clearly haven't got a clue about the team.
Let's wait and see what they do at Giro first then
Old 01-09-13, 14:57

Quote:
they said if they do both giro and tour they will get some extra riders. imo they should go for it and save duarte and suarez for tour or something and atapuma and chaves for giro. the tour is way more important in colombia and can really mean a lot historically
And if they won't ride the Tour?I think in this case they should go all-out with their roster in Giro ,dont you think?
Quote:
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-09-13, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duartista View Post
There has to be a big question mark over Suarez after last year. The other 3 showed something in spite of their poor pre-season, whereas he was consistently terrible. Atapuma was only in Colombia one week longer than the others - check his twitter from last January.
11 days then. 31st january unstead of 20. anyway it clealry mattered a lot as atapuma was the only one to get through a bit. also until their meeting in bogota each rider trained for himself. so it was very different per rider. now they took all riders together in colombia.

this year they are going to europe early as well, so I hold my breath for a very weak winter(so far so good)

about suarez, true but has has proven before in europe and is the rider most suited no doubt with osorio for europe. keep in mind all of them sucked last year except duarte(who has amazing talent and did all his results on sheer class and not in form), atapuma(trained longer in colombia) and chaves, who is very talented and very young

Last edited by Ryo Hazuki; 01-09-13 at 18:13.
Old 01-09-13, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
And if they won't ride the Tour?I think in this case they should go all-out with their roster in Giro ,dont you think?
tour wildcards will be what? february? so they could always fit them in in case no tour
Old 01-09-13, 18:24

Quote:
tour wildcards will be what? february? so they could always fit them in in case no tour
March,but still it is pretty comfortable for them.
Quote:
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-09-13, 19:58

Quote:
you can't learn the tour in the giro. you have to do the tour to learn the tour
Of course!

But my point was more that Coldeportes could better skip the Tour this year and head to la Vuelta with that much uphill and that less time trail miles. After the've already earned some grant tour experience at il giro.

Let's wait for the Tour until 2014. I would rate their chances to collect results higher in Spain this year.

But you should know more about them and their abilities to shine in a grand tour than me

Last edited by staubsauger; 01-09-13 at 20:02.
Old 01-09-13, 21:42

I don't think the 2013 tour has many itt km in it and they can do all 3 if they add some riders and the giro riders can be good at the vuelta again
Old 01-09-13, 21:59

What's their most promising rider then for you? Chaves, Atapuma or Duarte?
Old 01-11-13, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubsauger View Post
What's their most promising rider then for you? Chaves, Atapuma or Duarte?
duarte by far. he's the biggest talent in colombia with quintana and ospina. in pure talent and class also better than guys like henao and uran. even in horrendous shape during some of his good days he showed that class, like fleche brabanconne last year.
Old 01-11-13, 12:27

Do they have any aspirations to eventually become a world tour team or are they satisfied with their position as pro-continental?

Last edited by Angliru; 01-11-13 at 12:29.