Lance offered donation to USADA - Page 9 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-09-13, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Regarding the potential for a donation, IMHO, it "poisons the well" in the worst case scenario. Best case scenario, it buys complicity like it did with the post-cancer treatment Hospital donation and others.

Anyone taking a he-said-she-said doubting Tygart is just pretending.
Bolded was what I was trying to say maybe I didn't express it well as got a bit of abuse for these posts - anyways obviously completely agree. I think I said somewhere that it was classic chess tactics - they couldn't lose on this move.
Old 01-09-13, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by goggalor View Post
There are no sane people on Armstrong's side anymore.
Anymore?

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 01-10-13, 00:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Queued View Post
Anymore?

Dave.
I think there's actually a few who will be digging up yellow bracelets from their rubbish drawers. Whatever nonsense their object of worship utters will make them warm, fuzzy, and believing again. It's not about the truth, but what the message stands for. We still think he'd be our kids' favorite unkle. There's a new baby boy on the way, let's call him La....Luke. Else, the smart kids will pick on him for no reason at all.

He really ruined a whole generic first name, didn't he?
http://names.mongabay.com/male_names.htm
#245 and droppin' like a brick...
Old 01-10-13, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
That is not me. One of his deranged groupies is all over the internet posting as me.

If you see Race Radio in the comments sections of anything on line it is not me
Awww, man!

I read your "comments" in that article and spit coffee on my computer at work yesterday. You had elevated yourself up several rungs on my hero ladder with those comments, now I see it wasn't you.

You sure are making a habit out of deflating myths.
Old 01-10-13, 12:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloxxki View Post
I think there's actually a few who will be digging up yellow bracelets from their rubbish drawers. Whatever nonsense their object of worship utters will make them warm, fuzzy, and believing again. It's not about the truth, but what the message stands for. We still think he'd be our kids' favorite unkle. There's a new baby boy on the way, let's call him La....Luke. Else, the smart kids will pick on him for no reason at all.

He really ruined a whole generic first name, didn't he?
http://names.mongabay.com/male_names.htm
#245 and droppin' like a brick..
That is evidence of how he is viewed by the public. He aint gonna recover, no matter what he does.
Old 01-10-13, 12:23

I still wonder why he thought he should spend more on the USADA then on UCI. Though of course total cash to UCI and related individuals could have been any number between zero and $$$$.
Old 01-10-13, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginagold View Post
I still wonder why he thought he should spend more on the USADA then on UCI. Though of course total cash to UCI and related individuals could have been any number between zero and $$$$.
The declared donations totalling $125K aren't the real news, despite their totally inappropriate nature.

As you point out, what would be really interesting to know is how much went directly into Verdruggen's and Fat Pat's pockets.
Old 01-10-13, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
The declared donations totalling $125K aren't the real news, despite their totally inappropriate nature.

As you point out, what would be really interesting to know is how much went directly into Verdruggen's and Fat Pat's pockets.
Might even be trackable payments from consulting agreements put in place with sponsors in Wonder's extended family of supporters. They all seemed perfectly aligned in the same show for so long....
Old 01-10-13, 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginagold View Post
We only know that he gave the UCI 100K, he might have given more? He used his jet to travel with PEDs why not cash?
Old 01-10-13, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Radio View Post
That is not me. One of his deranged groupies is all over the internet posting as me.
There must be legal precedent taking this clown to task for identity theft... if you can find a way to get/force a site to confirm the poster's identity that is...

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”