Mc Quaid " dumped "? - Page 4 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-08-13, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
Since you're in Canada and not NSW, I would imagine that isn't even relevant to you. But since the post was addressed to a Sydney resident, it was relevant to him/her.

Even with that, certainly it was a statement aimed more at the boys in the state, not necessarily all of the girls.

Two ways to interpret that quote, so perhaps the better way to write it would have been "who in NSW hasn't played junior rugby league", which was the intention it was written with.

I was certainly aware that not all of the World's population have played rugby league, which I'm sure you also knew. But have at it with your literal interpretation if it gives you some feeling of moral superiority for an unknown reason. Doesn't change the general intent though (ie. playing junior rugby league doesn't rate highly for sport cred at a senior level. It's a common thing in the state of NSW).
<sigh>

Perhaps you should have inboxed the Sydney resident instead of blasting the message to all of us, then. The other 11 of us here on these forums might be trying to figure out the inside joke.

But, oh, literal me; here I thought all those from Oz had at least some modest sense of humor.

Guess not.

I will just have to pack up that feeling of moral superiority and go have fun with someone else.

Dave.

Lance says he will cooperate with Landis Investigation

"I've done too many good things for too many people"
Old 01-10-13, 13:04

Luxembourg cycling federation head Jean Regenwetter calls on UCI to have an extraordinary meeting to discuss reform projects, investigations into Armstrong affairs, the KPMG report on what goes on inside UCI, as well as the status of the UCI president and his remuneration.

Regenwetter refers to UCI as a "banana-republic" and is trying to leverage the Union for European Cycling to get UCI to act.

Use google translate to get the drift. http://www.wort.lu/de/view/fscl-kann...ao_bRg.twitter

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 01-10-13, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Luxembourg cycling federation head Jean Regenwetter calls on UCI to have an extraordinary meeting to discuss reform projects, investigations into Armstrong affairs, the KPMG report on what goes on inside UCI, as well as the status of the UCI president and his remuneration.

Regenwetter refers to UCI as a "banana-republic" and is trying to leverage the Union for European Cycling to get UCI to act.

Use google translate to get the drift. http://www.wort.lu/de/view/fscl-kann...ao_bRg.twitter
Wonder is there leverage being used to get Frank off his positive?

All the federations should get their own houses in order while at the same time demanding the International Federation expalin itself while also demanding the removal of those responisble for the shambles the sport is in.
Old 01-10-13, 13:32

The good news is that the national feds are getting more scrutiny. Same with the Dutch one and the Thomas Dekker allegations just yesterday. It's all good pressure and hopefully will help clean up the sport.

“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Old 01-10-13, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterst6906 View Post
Well Fahey is one of the worst politicians Australia has ever had. He only got the gig in WADA as a result of his political position at the time it was setup around the Sydney Olympics.

He had no previous sporting history or credibility.

Since the culture of an organisation takes its lead from the top, his history should be fairly informing.

A separate issue to Phat, but linked in terms of the whole arrangement of WADA.
As I said, do you make this stuff up? Fahey did have previous sporting history (played and coached junior rugby league) and credibility (Sydney Olympics). "worst politicians Australia has ever had". Oh really? Gillard, the last few Labor Premiers in NSW, etc. I think your credibility is in tatters. Fahey has done a good job at WADA and yet you attack him without foundation.
Old 01-11-13, 03:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker jk View Post
As I said, do you make this stuff up? Fahey did have previous sporting history (played and coached junior rugby league) and credibility (Sydney Olympics). "worst politicians Australia has ever had". Oh really? Gillard, the last few Labor Premiers in NSW, etc. I think your credibility is in tatters. Fahey has done a good job at WADA and yet you attack him without foundation.
Agreed - he was my local MP for many years, one of the better representatives that could be had. Since he grew up, lived and worked in the local community, he had the area as his interest, not like a number of "sea-gull" politicians that are around nowdays.
Old 01-11-13, 17:27

Send a message via Skype™ to skippy

Whatever reason the Luxemberg Fed. called the " EXTRAORDINARY Meeting ", doesn't matter !

What does matter is , this is a GREAT CHANCE to unseat phat mc quack !

What is needed is Those in the Clinic , sending their Nat. Feds. , links to ALL THE NEGATIVE Material re, the UCI Mismanagement !

With involving the Media , Petitions and the Published Material , surely there must be some on the UCI Management/Executive , that will decide ENOUGH is ENOUGH !

Do they want to wait until Sept 2013 , when phat has All his Ducks lined up , promises galore , waiting those that preserve his complacency ?

WADA disenfranchised him , NOW THE UCI Delegates can DUMP HIM !
Old 01-11-13, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
Do they want to wait until Sept 2013 , when phat has All his Ducks lined up , promises galore , waiting those that preserve his complacency ?
Yes, that's exactly what happens. You'll note the proposed date to close one of two "investigations" is timed after the UCI's general(?) meeting where most of the face-to-face politics takes place.

Also, I cannot recommend reading the UCI's own by-laws enough. It's not a system that is designed to change from the bottom. I wish it were different.

If the Irish cycling federation is sensible, they won't nominate Pat. But, then they run the risk of losing funding/high ranked races should there be any consequences at all. Pat could be nominated from anywhere for a price.

If Pat goes, it's because the IOC has imagined him to be the scapegoat. Hein will let him fall if it comes to that. I imagine it will be a rather quiet exit if it comes to that.
Old 02-28-13, 18:49

Time that those thinking that the " clinic is a force " sent ALL UCI Management Executives this link :
http://transparencyinsportblog.wordp...cial-purity-2/

Certainly they must know he has history BUT not as an object of derision ?
Old 03-26-13, 09:42

Seems i am the only visitor to CN forum , that wants that "turd " , phat mc splat , removed from influencing OUR Sport !

This latest test of resolve , NEEDS YOUR Help !

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14...president.aspx

AS IT SAYS :

" There appears to be three possible outcomes to the meeting; the board decides to back McQuaid’s third bid for presidency, it declines to do so, or it allows the members to decide, calling an EGM where the clubs would vote on the matter. "

Read more:

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/14...#ixzz2OdYlU9X3

NOW , Since none of you , wish to follow MY lead , perhaps MartinVickers , or some other MORE RESPECTED Poster , can THINK of a way to MObilise , the " clinic 12 " or some other FORCE of public Opinion , NOW , to rid Cycling Sport , of this growing cancerous pimple on the derriere ?

Time those of " Cycling Ireland " chose the 3rd option , OR , vacated their Positions of responsibility !

YES , there will be other Nat. federations , that could " propose " , phat for a 3rd Term , but would they want to run the risk of being FORCED out by their Membership ?

Last edited by skippy; 03-26-13 at 09:46. Reason: spelling