Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it - Page 113 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 12-22-12, 11:01

I haven't played in months, ever since my laptop started smoking when I had it running . It can't handle the game.

Are the older PCM's just as taxing on resources?
Old 12-22-12, 16:26

I just won my first ever stage with PCM11. Playing on hard, I won a stage in the Settimana Coppi e Bartali with Pozzovivo.
Old 12-22-12, 19:15
Administrator

i formatted my laptop to install windows 8 (which by the way is awesome) and i saved my saves and DB's on an external disk but now i don't know where do i have to put them to get my caja rural game back

i had just hired a Spanish kid that had dominated all the u23 season and he was going to be a beast with with stars to have ~75 flat, ~75 MO, ~84hills,~68sprint, ~80AC, ~82 endurance,~80 resistence and ~77 recovery.

iirc his name was oscar redondo. . .

i also hired a portuguese guy called osca fidalgo because he won the u23 version of PR and he had great potential having 73 on cobbles at 19 years old.

and now i lost all of that *whaaaaaaaaaa*
Old 12-22-12, 21:43

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

my documents/pcm 2012/users/*your user name*/*your db name*/->here goes savegame
Old 12-22-12, 21:44

Send a message via MSN to Dekker_Tifosi

Btw, I finished Romandie. I won 2 stages with Thomas Dekker, but was only 13th in GC. I had no chance in the only mountain stage (won by S Sanchez) and lost my GC hopes there.

Now the Giro, which has a suprisingly bad start field. No RoboBasso, no Cunego, no Savoldelli...
It does feature Simoni, Sastre, Azevedo and some others though, but not really that great. I should be able to top 10 with Ardila and top 20 with Eltink
Old 01-05-13, 07:53
Administrator

i am having a little bit of a problem here on my game(PCM2012)

i just got promoted to pro conti and i decided to apply for a WC on several WT races.

the problem is comes to tour down under and there was no reply to my WC request and even after the race was over on the season planning menu it remained a question mark on the checks you have to tick to ask for an invitation.

now i am already racing the volta ao algarve and there is still no message saying who applied for the TA and PN wc and much less a message saying who got them

what bug is this? also the planning menu got weird as it is no longer divided according to the times you have to ask for invites for each race and instead already lists all season
Old 01-10-13, 13:51

Until few months ago I was still playing 2010, I heard it was one of the worst edition, but I enjoyed it anyway. I didn't really have time now, but I'll go for the new one when I have more time.
When playing I liked to control "the PCM world" as much as I could, it bothered me a lot with it lack of balance, and later I found that "fixing" it was a fun in itself (despite my struggling editing skills). I mean I often decided which teams/riders raced which races, the transfers, who went up and down in the end of a year, new riders' potentials, etc.. Soo many unrealistic things happenned in PCM 2010, but without them it probably would even be more boring
Hope the newer ones have much better world and AI, as I'm sure they have better visual, and game engine (those sprints....)
Old 01-28-13, 03:44

Just had this happen to me on the Champs-Élysées.

What?! A breakaway winning with 14 minutes to spare. So much for realism
Old 01-28-13, 04:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferminal View Post
M-SR is a million times easier in 12 than 11.
Milan Sanremo has gotta be my favourite race on PCM. Somehow the super-length of it just makes me extra nervous when it comes to the finale. Never quite sure what the right tactic is with MSR - is it productive to send riders up the road? I have a regen with 83 flat but neither his hills nor sprint are good enough to win if it's all still together at the bottom of the Poggio so he usually heads up the road for me.

Playing '11 I've still yet to win either the Tour or Paris-Roubaix. The last three seasons I've had Rolland third twice, and Vanendert 3rd with Pinot 5th once. Won a few stages and mountain jerseys with Pinot too. Invested heavily on trying to win Paris-Roubaix - shelled out on Lars Boom and Haussler, along with Chavanel, Ballan and Vanmarcke, but could still only manage a 2nd. Bloody Spartacus.
Old 01-29-13, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caruut View Post
Milan Sanremo has gotta be my favourite race on PCM. Somehow the super-length of it just makes me extra nervous when it comes to the finale. Never quite sure what the right tactic is with MSR - is it productive to send riders up the road? I have a regen with 83 flat but neither his hills nor sprint are good enough to win if it's all still together at the bottom of the Poggio so he usually heads up the road for me.

Playing '11 I've still yet to win either the Tour or Paris-Roubaix. The last three seasons I've had Rolland third twice, and Vanendert 3rd with Pinot 5th once. Won a few stages and mountain jerseys with Pinot too. Invested heavily on trying to win Paris-Roubaix - shelled out on Lars Boom and Haussler, along with Chavanel, Ballan and Vanmarcke, but could still only manage a 2nd. Bloody Spartacus.
LOL, If MS-R is easier in 12 than 11 it must be a joke. I think I have won 6 or 7 of 8 season in Career mode (game on different PC so can't check now), sometimes even a double with EBH and Vanmarcke. Of course it depends on the database, but 75+ in both hill and sprints stats usually is enough in career mode, as most 80+ hill guys seems to peak late April. I usually split the peleton on the "new" climb, and keep my leaders fresh and covered until Poggio. And like Caruut; I'm yet to win either Paris-Roubaix or TDF, although I'm hopeful for Taaramae in Le Tour 2019