Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 453 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-10-13, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
because all Contador fans have real difficulties with understanding of real GT relation of forces nowadays.
Really??? Do you really think it's fair to categorize all Contador fans as such?
Old 01-10-13, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I dont mean win it,but why not try it
Airstream isn't the best person to respond to any questions regarding Contador and discussing his mindset. I presume his lack of motivation may have to do with his experience with doping saga. Imagine if he actually did try it and finish on the podium on all 3. The doping talk would be incessant. I suspect the experience has clipped his wings/ambitions a bit. Maybe once he gets his GT totals back up (I suspect he wants a Giro and Tour to replace the ones officially stripped) and things have calmed down he'll have more interest. That's my uneducated guess.

"I have no intention of being a conformist in this race. Not in the slightest" Alberto Contador

"We should all have more cake. Who doesn’t like cake?" Oleg Tinkov
Old 01-10-13, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
I dont mean win it,but why not try it
Your signature

"But I said no no,I need to fight for the Victory,the second place is not good."

Brilliant I love Alberto
Old 01-10-13, 20:20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angliru View Post
Really??? Do you really think it's fair to categorize all Contador fans as such?
I'm just kidding. I really like Miburo's stance actually, so to speak, 'I see through rose-colored glasses and don't disturb me'
Old 01-10-13, 21:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicus View Post
Airstream isn't the best person to respond to any questions regarding Contador and discussing his mindset. I presume his lack of motivation may have to do with his experience with doping saga. Imagine if he actually did try it and finish on the podium on all 3. The doping talk would be incessant. I suspect the experience has clipped his wings/ambitions a bit. Maybe once he gets his GT totals back up (I suspect he wants a Giro and Tour to replace the ones officially stripped) and things have calmed down he'll have more interest. That's my uneducated guess.
Yes I know he is not,but I dont mind discuss with him.And I think your thoughts are reasonable,I agree that triple would be very bad for doping related talks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Your signature

"But I said no no,I need to fight for the Victory,the second place is not good"
Brilliant I love Alberto :
...I had list of about 10 nice quotations from Alberto,but this was the best one,so I choose it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-10-13, 21:53

Guys, can you help me and give me a link where I can buy Contador's riding sunglasses from Vuelta 2012 with the yellow frames and what brand exactly are they?
Old 01-11-13, 01:04
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohale View Post
Guys, can you help me and give me a link where I can buy Contador's riding sunglasses from Vuelta 2012 with the yellow frames and what brand exactly are they?
They are Zerorh+, here's the website for them.
http://www.zerorh.com/sport/man/summer/sportglasses/

Fabio Aru: "si muore sulla bici"
Old 01-11-13, 07:39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicus View Post
Airstream isn't the best person to respond to any questions regarding Contador and discussing his mindset. I presume his lack of motivation may have to do with his experience with doping saga.
For you, his fans, this is the case. However, my opinion is far less radical than your overly optimistic one.

I don't say to win 2 GT in a row is impossible. It is a matter of super rider who has to have an overwhelming edge both at climbing and TT. Such a rider should win the 1st out 2 GTs with a lot in the tank for the second one and a rider like that doesn't exist today. Nowadays no one is able to win a GT on a pure class. Everyone needs good and very good shape. 3, fans can exemplarily continue to remember about the 2010 Tour when he was allegedly in bad form. I agree possibly that form wasn't perfect, but it was very very good. If one does not understand that, perhaps one does not understand the main thing — how hellishly tight and brutal contention is.

As to 3 GT's, I think Contador said about that just for fun.

Quote:
I presume his lack of motivation may have to do with his experience with doping saga. Imagine if he actually did try it and finish on the podium on all 3. The doping talk would be incessant
OK. What should he have felt if talks started? Grievance towards people who dare doubt in his cleanliless?

Last edited by airstream; 01-11-13 at 07:46.
Old 01-11-13, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrank View Post
They are Zerorh+, here's the website for them.
http://www.zerorh.com/sport/man/summer/sportglasses/
Thanks, I contacted the distributor for my country. Will see if I can have them.
Old 01-11-13, 20:29

http://www.zerorh.com/sport/man/summ...saxo-bank.html look at those first few pics seems like he didn't bother to shave