Official lance armstrong thread, part 2 (from september 2012) - Page 322 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-16-13, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto's Schnauzer View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57564168/cbs-news-government-rejects-armstrongs-$5m-restitution-offer/

[IMG][/IMG]
Wow, DOJ going after him, no breaks

Wow Tyler giving it to the UCI!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Carols; 01-16-13 at 01:06.
Old 01-16-13, 01:14
Administrator

The Oprah interview will be compelling just to see what he says.

But the only interview that will matter is when Armstrong sits down with Travis Tygart and breaks down the whole doping apparatus from A to V, the V standing for Verbruggen.
Old 01-16-13, 01:16

So much for BS confession and redemption.

FU from Uncle Sam.
Old 01-16-13, 01:17

Man, this just gets wilder and wilder. As a start, this must mean the government is going to join the QT suit, right? Why else would they refuse $5 million?

Second, if they are joining the suit, the feds want to recover double or even triple damages of $60-90 million, so they will have to go after all the Tailwind heavies. So they wouldn't accept any settlement offers at this time, unless one was large enough to cover the entire sum they want? Right? So this doesn’t necessarily mean LA will actually have to pay more than $5 million, but only that they want to make sure they get all that money, so they can’t settle with any one of the players at this time.

But this is just my guess. Lawyers please weigh in.

More on the level playing field myth:

Quote:
In 2006, in retirement from cycling having won his seventh Tour, Armstrong ran the New York City Marathon. He called it ''without a doubt the hardest physical thing I have ever done.'' He had sore shins and said he didn't train enough. He barely broke his goal of three hours, with 800-plus runners finishing ahead of him. It was pretty impressive for a marathon debut but hardly world class. If Armstrong did that run for fun drug-free, is that a good gauge of his natural athletic abilities?

''I think his New York marathon results are the closest we can get to understand how he'd perform alongside other non-doped athletes when he races without a needle. Good result, but definitely not someone you'd regard as the world's greatest endurance athlete,'' Australian anti-doping scientist Michael Ashenden said by email, responding to questions.

''Sport has thousands of athletes who succeed at under age or national level but who fail to emulate that success on the international stage. Everyone also realizes that winning a one-day world championship is not the same as winning a three-week major Tour. We have some insight into Armstrong's physiological limits from published results and those indicate he is a good athlete, capable of making a living as a pro. But his lab results definitely don't suggest he was great.''

Last edited by Merckx index; 01-16-13 at 01:26.
Old 01-16-13, 02:13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx index View Post
Man, this just gets wilder and wilder. As a start, this must mean the government is going to join the QT suit, right? Why else would they refuse $5 million?

Second, if they are joining the suit, the feds want to recover double or even triple damages of $60-90 million, so they will have to go after all the Tailwind heavies. So they wouldn't accept any settlement offers at this time, unless one was large enough to cover the entire sum they want? Right? So this doesnít necessarily mean LA will actually have to pay more than $5 million, but only that they want to make sure they get all that money, so they canít settle with any one of the players at this time.

But this is just my guess. Lawyers please weigh in.

More on the level playing field myth:
Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure his marathon results were PED free, because in the emails between Armstrong and Ferraris son Stefano he is discussing how he wants to meet "schumi" so he can run sub 2:50.
Old 01-16-13, 02:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey that he started using performance-enhancing drugs to gain an edge in [strike]cycling[/strike] in the mid-1990s, before he was diagnosed with cancer, a person familiar with the interview told USA TODAY Sports.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...oping/1834487/
triathlon.

started in triathlon.
Old 01-16-13, 02:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto's Schnauzer View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57564168/cbs-news-government-rejects-armstrongs-$5m-restitution-offer/

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-16-13, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Hmmm, I wouldn't be so sure his marathon results were PED free, because in the emails between Armstrong and Ferraris son Stefano he is discussing how he wants to meet "schumi" so he can run sub 2:50.
once a doper
always a doper

why run for an extra 15 minutes over 42km if you dont 'av' 2?
Old 01-16-13, 02:42

Wiggo's got Lance's chamois cream all over his nose.
Old 01-16-13, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewcleardaze View Post
Wiggo's got Lance's chamois cream all over his nose.
They're all running scared now. They all thought Lance would never confess. Now he is they're all sucky back with Lance.

What is Wiggins hiding?