Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 460 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-15-13, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forunculo View Post
Well, he is the defending champion, Froome has a 2nd at Tour and Vuelta as best results and Contador hasn't won the Tour since 2009 (2010).
Since when does that **** matter? Especially since Contador is the greatest GT-rider of this generation and the fact that he wasn't there in '12.

Just ridiculous.

Is anyone talking about hesjedal for the giro?

Cool pics btw lol
Old 01-15-13, 21:35

lol @ Paulinho and Noval
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
what? quintana is already better climber than froome. see final stages of the tour and he's only 23. quintana is the best climber I've sene since pantani. he will become a legend
I am a fan of Afrank's hyping posts!
Excuse me for my English
Old 01-15-13, 21:39

nice pics forunculo
Old 01-15-13, 22:20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovecycling View Post
lol @ Paulinho and Noval
are you really surprised?

there has to be a reason why a guy that at 24 won an olympic medal being the only rider capable of following bettini on a hilly course leaving behind nobodies like ulrich, vino, valverde and erik dekker amongst others only became an anonymous domestique.

his only shown of talent after that was the 06 vuelta, which happened to be his first GT and still is his best performance ever in a GT.

a friend of mine who knows him says he has the ambition of your average garbage picker never tried to improve or impose himself in a team.
Old 01-15-13, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publicus View Post
looks like Paulinho swallowed a LOT of aggression (or something) over the winter. he's going to be useless....
Who is the fat guy on the left hand side of the pic? Please tell me that isn't a cyclist! Dude needs to lose 50lbs to be normal weight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 01-15-13, 22:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ4tyw3t-Pk

Clinic aside, talking about what he said at the end.

5:10 It will be a tougher race to win for Wiggins when Contador comes back

I would say pretty much impossible lol, and then he says Froome will be this year stronger and such. Not even adressing the whole issue that Froome was actually way better in the climbs

He's right though that tour 2009 had a way harder field.

But come on dude, Wiggins is the challenger. He and Froome need to prove themselves. It's like they make it out that it's reverse.

Maybe i'm looking too much into this
Walsh is British--you do know that right?

Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
Old 01-15-13, 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevim View Post
Are these two travelling around the world together now? First Dubai, now Argentina then what....?
"Capri" C'est fini. Don't worry it will get to a point when Alberto will go and the other'(S) won't be able to follow him.
Old 01-16-13, 04:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Walsh is British--you do know that right?
Really?
Old 01-16-13, 07:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post

there has to be a reason why a guy that at 24 won an olympic medal being the only rider capable of following bettini on a hilly course leaving behind nobodies like ulrich, vino, valverde and erik dekker amongst others only became an anonymous domestique.

his only shown of talent after that was the 06 vuelta, which happened to be his first GT and still is his best performance ever in a GT.

a friend of mine who knows him says he has the ambition of your average garbage picker never tried to improve or impose himself in a team

similar things can be said about Popovych

just change the Olympics with roubaix U23 and the Vuelta 06 with the Giro 03
Old 01-16-13, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post

a friend of mine who knows him says he has the ambition of your average garbage picker never tried to improve or impose himself in a team.
I think a manager like Riis will change that. Seeing Paulinho work during the Vuelta 2012 was a joy, and surely he looks like he found more joy in riding his bike now, than he have for a very long time.
Canīt wait for the season to start