Hot racing coming up in Australia - Page 13 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-14-13, 13:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbaskip View Post
I grew up in Bathurst, and can confirm that you're mostly right, there are a couple of steep spots, but it's mostly not that steep....at least it's not going forwards around it. If you go backwards, it's REALLY steep up through Forests Elbow, the Esses and the Dipper.
Don't forget about the back road that goes past the tip, not very long but super steep. There are plenty of other roads in Bathurst that could be used for a championship as well.

"You know that thing in your head that says 'we shouldn't be doing this?' We don't have that"
Old 01-16-13, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodie View Post
Don't forget about the back road that goes past the tip, not very long but super steep. There are plenty of other roads in Bathurst that could be used for a championship as well.
Yeah, but finishing at the Mount, surely?!

The hill up College Road towards the tip is actually basically going up the side of Mount Panorama anyway. They could start by going out through Rockley, back via Trunkey Road. That's about an 80km loop (if they started at the Murrays Corner at the bottom of the mount), and 65km just the loop part (before the back tracking starts). They could do the two loops, starting at the bottom, that's 145km, then 10-12 laps of the mount. You're looking at 200-220km. And quite a bit of hill.

I think the mount backwards still works best though.