Nicole Cooke attacks drug cheats in the womens peloton - Page 15 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-16-13, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFingers View Post
It is also a phrase for a medical programme. You know, medicine and stuff
EPO, HGH, Steroids are all known medicine's and stuff.
Old 01-16-13, 10:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
EPO, HGH, Steroids are all known medicine's and stuff.
S o is cough syrup. The point I'm driving it is infering doping from 'medical programme' is meaningless
Old 01-16-13, 10:59

Quote:
S o is cough syrup. The point I'm driving it is infering doping from 'medical programme' is meaningless
Not in pro cycling it isn't. Plenty of evidence to suggest that. Bassons once said that cycling teams only have team doctors for 1 reason, Doping. He said he never needed the Doctor for performance and when he did need a doctor he would go to his GP.
Old 01-16-13, 11:02

Quote:
Your being to literal, I think most people know that when the words 'medical and program' are used together in a cycling context the meaning is quite clear.
Old 01-16-13, 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundayRider View Post
Your being to literal, I think most people know that when the words 'medical and program' are used together in a cycling context the meaning is quite clear.
Then a rider on a doping programme would certainly to refer to it as that when they are speaking to the press....
Old 01-16-13, 11:48

It's the cycling equivalent of doing a robbery dressed in a horizontally-striped shirt, a black mask over your eyes and carrying a large bag with 'SWAG' written on it
Old 01-16-13, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benotti69 View Post
Not in pro cycling it isn't. Plenty of evidence to suggest that. Bassons once said that cycling teams only have team doctors for 1 reason, Doping. He said he never needed the Doctor for performance and when he did need a doctor he would go to his GP.
Just re-read Matt Rendell's "The death of Marco Pantani" & the chapter on Blitz at the Giro in 2001 (when Barlalucci was detained & named) Rendell spoke with Pantani's team doctor Magnani in 05. "He (Magnani) had been pressured to treat riders with anti-inflammitory containing molecules used to treat arthritis, antioxidants used in hepatic disease. But Magnani wasn't at the Girofficial team doctors were used as fences by the doping doctors"

Makes me even more suspicious of Baralucci that he was there (albeit with a different team).
Is he still on Sky's books?

Last edited by coinneach; 01-16-13 at 12:14. Reason: assist clarity and remove possible confusion
Old 01-16-13, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by coinneach View Post
Just re-read Matt Rendell's "The death of Marco Pantani" & the chapter on Blitz at the Giro in 2001 (when Barlalucci was detained & named) Rendell spoke with Pantani's team doctor Magnani in 05. "He had been pressured to treat riders with anti-inflammitory containing molecules used to treat arthritis, antioxidants used in hepatic disease. But Magnani wasn't at the Girofficial team doctors were used as fences by the doping doctors"

Makes me even more suspicious of Baralucci that he was there (albeit with a different team).
Is he still on Sky's books?
this is a hihgly crucial, highly interesting, highly revealing bit you're citing here.
Old 01-16-13, 12:02

In 2012 he was on the payrol.
If you speak italian, here's a 2012 interview with Bartolucci about Team Sky.

http://video.sky.it/sport/ciclismo/d...ore/v87710.vid
Old 01-16-13, 12:05

a reminder, i think from the sky thread a coupla months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Dr. Fabio Bartalucci has been with Sky since last year and he was one of those who was served notice by Italian prosecutors back in 2001 when he was Doc with the Bonjour team.