Quote:
Originally Posted by coapman View Post
there is the proof.
If you say so.
Old 01-16-13, 01:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankDay View Post
If you say so.

How about a sinusoidal graph of a PC rider's pedalling at maximal power output. He should be your most powerful PC'er who has completed the 9 months or more of exclusive PC use. It would demonstrate how much positive torque he could apply during the upstroke, across the top and bottom.
Old 01-16-13, 02:11

Quote:
How about a sinusoidal graph of a PC rider's pedalling at maximal power output. He should be your most powerful PC'er who has completed the 9 months or more of exclusive PC use. It would demonstrate how much positive torque he could apply during the upstroke, across the top and bottom.
OK. But it will take a little time. Still haven't been able to get even my own data yet from the pre-production unit I have.
Old 01-16-13, 09:34

Quote:
OK. But it will take a little time. Still haven't been able to get even my own data yet from the pre-production unit I have.
You two love rearranging the deck cheers on the Titanic. What racing Cyclist is going to spend 9 months exclusively using a Gimmickcrank when they have to perform using a normal crank. Thanks to Fernandez-Pena and co we know that any changes to pedalling technique are lost when riders go back to normal cranks. Continue to delude yourselves.

Power Meters like Powercranks don't improve performance one bit. But at least with a Power Meter you can see yourself not improving because of it
Old 01-16-13, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachFergie View Post
You two love rearranging the deck cheers on the Titanic. What racing Cyclist is going to spend 9 months exclusively using a Gimmickcrank when they have to perform using a normal crank. Thanks to Fernandez-Pena and co we know that any changes to pedalling technique are lost when riders go back to normal cranks. Continue to delude yourselves.
These scientists appear to be stupid people, there is a simple explanation for the loss of these changes which can be easily rectified.
Old 01-16-13, 17:02

Quote:
What racing Cyclist is going to spend 9 months exclusively using a Gimmickcrank when they have to perform using a normal crank.
Actually, quite a few of them, at least in the off season. Don't you ever wonder why pros continue to contact us about getting on the product? Why, after all these years of experience (by those winning) with the product, would that continue to happen if it were so worthless.
Old 01-16-13, 17:13

Quote:
These scientists appear to be stupid people, there is a simple explanation for the loss of these changes which can be easily rectified.
If it was so obvious you would have data to prove this seeing the technology to test your hypothesis has been available for 30+ years.

Power Meters like Powercranks don't improve performance one bit. But at least with a Power Meter you can see yourself not improving because of it
Old 01-16-13, 17:19

Quote:
Actually, quite a few of them, at least in the off season. Don't you ever wonder why pros continue to contact us about getting on the product? Why, after all these years of experience (by those winning) with the product, would that continue to happen if it were so worthless.
Is the off season 9 months and exclusive use?

Marco Pinotti blogged that he did 45min a week, occasionally twice a week.

But more Pro's don't train with a Gimmickcrank and improve in the sport.

But according to Lance all Pro's takes drugs so perhaps we shouldn't look to them for guidance. Better to look at the well performed research which shows that changes to pedalling technique have no significant effect on performance.

Old 01-16-13, 20:42

Quote:
Is the off season 9 months and exclusive use?
No. the 9 months of exclusive use thing is simply what we say is necessary for our average new user to see, on average, about a 40% increase in power. Nothing says that people cannot see improvement with lesser use and many (including most pros I suspect) use them differently than "exclusively" as other issues may prevent them from following that direction.
Quote:

Marco Pinotti blogged that he did 45min a week, occasionally twice a week.
Your point? I suspect that Pinotti is using them in a manner that he feels is best for him in his situation. Did he also blog why he continues to use them despite your protestations that the device is useless?
Quote:

But more Pro's don't train with a Gimmickcrank and improve in the sport.
?????? Your point? Compare those who do not use them to the number of world and national champions who have and continue to do so, even if they don't use them as I feel is best for optimal benefit. Your point that some don't use them is useless to make an argument. Some pros don't use coaches but are, rather, self coached. Does that mean coaches are worthless? I don't know of a single study that proves that coaches do anything positive for the cyclist yet many, but not all, continue to use them. Why?
Quote:

But according to Lance all Pro's takes drugs so perhaps we shouldn't look to them for guidance. Better to look at the well performed research which shows that changes to pedalling technique have no significant effect on performance.
"well performed" LOL. Show me one negative PowerCranks study that actually documented that the PC group actually had enough time with the product to change pedaling technique. We have been through this before. I will stop now.
Old 01-16-13, 22:08

Quote:
I will stop now.
Thinking of running a book to see how long you last.
Closed Thread