U.S. Politics - Page 636 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Cafe > General

General Grab a short black and come join in the non-cycling discussion. Favourite books, movies, holiday destinations, other sports - chat about it all in the cafe.

Old 01-16-13, 07:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterhammer View Post
Jesus Scott, "elements and positions"? *facepalm*

I'm pretty sure that a statistically significant proportion of these 60m households are people who may own one or more guns, but who do not subscribe to the agenda of this batsh!t crazy and downright evil ultra-conservative super PAC. I say evil because as I'm sure that even you will know to whose tune the money grubbing NRA dances - arms manufacturers, pedlars of death. Then, they buy off (or pay off) politicians to put the interests of the pedlars of death above all others. There is nothing remotely comparable to the NRA anywhere else, no other society is crazy enough to tolerate such an influence. It is an insidious and utterly vile body.
Yep and nothing will change until the politicians in Washington have the balls to defy the NRA. Recent “stricter” laws in NY, for instance, are a joke, when the mass sale of pistols won’t be affected in the least. Thus real reform won’t happen until the former is achieved.
Old 01-16-13, 10:59

Score one for the good guys. Guess this home intruder with a shovel was there to steal some dirt.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...-Powelton.html
Old 01-16-13, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeNphilly View Post
Score one for the good guys. Guess this home intruder with a shovel was there to steal some dirt.

Just more gun violence. All the more reason control is needed. Of guns I mean. Never mind perp control. Can't do anything about perp control can we?
Old 01-16-13, 11:21

Quote:

I thought it was better to offer the intruder a glass of wine?
Old 01-16-13, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Wilson View Post
I thought it was better to offer the intruder a glass of wine?

Intruder is kind of harsh term. How about meddler? Better to offer the meddler a glass of wine...
Old 01-16-13, 11:47

Quote:

What I found most entertaining was the primitive commentary. For that matter, I propose they just sell a Rambo id-kit to every home owner and a sign that says unsolicited intruders will be eliminated.

Given a certain prevailing mentality, I'm starting to think the next time I'm in the US I'd better wear a bullet proof vest. Now there's something to applaud.
Old 01-16-13, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubroma View Post
What I found most entertaining was the primitive commentary. For that matter, I propose they just sell a Rambo id-kit to every home owner and a sign that says unsolicited intruders will be eliminated.

Given a certain prevailing mentality, I'm starting to think the next time I'm in the US I'd better wear a bullet proof vest. Now there's something to applaud.
Only if you plan on a little breaking and entering whil you're in the mid-west. Or strolling anywhere in Chicago.
Old 01-16-13, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott SoCal View Post
Only if you plan on a little breaking and entering whil you're in the mid-west. Or strolling anywhere in Chicago.
No won't be in those neck of the woods. What troubles me, however, is that my memory is a bit foggy at the moment as to places that used to be familiar to me. I mean, I can only hope I don't mistakenly knock on the wrong door of an old girlfriend or something like that.

http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effec...NDDOGS__ma.mp3
Old 01-16-13, 13:03

Quote:
No won't be in those neck of the woods. What troubles me, however, is that my memory is a bit foggy at the moment as to places that used to be familiar to me. I mean, I can only hope I don't mistakenly knock on the wrong door of an old girlfriend or something like that.

http://www.sounddogs.com/sound-effec...NDDOGS__ma.mp3
Nothing good can ever come from knocking on the door of an old girlfriend. She's an old girfriend for a reason.
Old 01-16-13, 14:33

Quote:

I don't remember and probably will not go back and read the article again but did it say if the home owner bothered to call 911 before he began blasting away?

Something that has not been said but I think needs to be said. Has anyone on here considered the actual use of deadly force before? If you haven't then I suggest spending a few minutes of time to contemplate this.
For me many things have to be answered when the use of deadly force is actually used. For example....the intruder we are discussing was armed with a spade/shovel. Was there no way to talk said intruder out of your house and detain him until the "law" shows up that you called previously on 911.

Oh well never mind. Just thinking is all. I was poking fun at you Rhubroma about the red wine, so just in case someone gets the willies up.