Amstel Gold finish line change - Page 3 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-16-13, 11:35
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 11,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Chieti > Huy
__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-16-13, 12:19
Panda Claws's Avatar
Panda Claws Panda Claws is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Chieti > Huy
But how is that relevant to the Cauberg, which is much easier than either of those?

Btw, notice the extra four bike lengths Gilbert has on the Number 2 compared to Sagan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadel Evans
On the cycling side of life; our preseason training camp was very productive, good training, some time to get to know the new guys (great group we've got) and take care of many of the off-the-bike requirements of being a professional cyclist; testing new equipment, meeting with new partners and equipment suppliers, throwing oranges at Phil Gilbert, etc..
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-16-13, 12:43
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
Chieti > Huy
FW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stage in the T-A.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-16-13, 12:50
Netserk's Avatar
Netserk Netserk is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 11,973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
FW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stage in the T-A.
And yet it was too difficult for Gilbert

__________________
Cancellara is like The Black Album. Really good but way overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd Landis
Take Bradley Wiggins for example, and his claim that he thought Lance Armstrong was clean up until the reasoned decision. I do have a little sympathy for him. While he's not particularly bright or articulate, if you read between his curse words it's clear that he has insecurities resulting from the fact that despite all the measures he took to win the Tour he wasn't even the strongest rider.
Change my pitch up/Smack my bitch up
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-16-13, 12:59
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
FW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> stage in the T-A.
That's of course not relevant to the discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-16-13, 13:21
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netserk View Post
And yet it was too difficult for Gilbert

Why would he peak for Tirreno-Adriatico?

Nor am I sure what Chieti has to do with this. Gilbert has by far the fastest time on the Cauberg and has shown he can win solo even if the Cauberg is 2km from the finishline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
That's of course not relevant to the discussion.
More prestige = better field and at their best shape(more or less)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-16-13 at 13:24.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-16-13, 13:22
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,908
Default

Did Sagan peak for Tirreno?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-16-13, 13:28
El Pistolero's Avatar
El Pistolero El Pistolero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Did Sagan peak for Tirreno?
Gilbert's program is a little bit busier than Sagan's.

He rides all the Ardennes classics while Sagan just did AGR.

And I don't think Sagan had a real peak during the spring season last year. Gilbert obviously reached his peak at the Ardennes classics in 2011. Sagan was more or less at the same level throughout the spring last year.

Wouldn't he have won the AGR uphill sprint by several bike lengths otherwise?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week

Last edited by El Pistolero; 01-16-13 at 13:30.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-16-13, 13:56
Panda Claws's Avatar
Panda Claws Panda Claws is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,982
Default

I think it is quite clear that Sagan is better on really hard walls (e.g. Chieti).

Concering AGR, however...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadel Evans
On the cycling side of life; our preseason training camp was very productive, good training, some time to get to know the new guys (great group we've got) and take care of many of the off-the-bike requirements of being a professional cyclist; testing new equipment, meeting with new partners and equipment suppliers, throwing oranges at Phil Gilbert, etc..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-16-13, 14:14
theyoungest theyoungest is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,908
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
Gilbert's program is a little bit busier than Sagan's.

He rides all the Ardennes classics while Sagan just did AGR.
That's a load of bull. Qatar, Oman, Strade Bianche, Tirreno, MSR, E3-prijs, Gent-Wevelgem, RVV, AGR... how many more races should Sagan ride before you consider it a busy schedule?

Quote:
And I don't think Sagan had a real peak during the spring season last year. Gilbert obviously reached his peak at the Ardennes classics in 2011. Sagan was more or less at the same level throughout the spring last year.
Gilbert's form seemed alright in the Tirreno 2011 as well. He can only win on a steep hill when he's on super duper form, Sagan apparently has more natural talent for these walls.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.