Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 465 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4641  
Old 01-17-13, 17:51
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 16,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Give me a break, Flo. You're just an in love girl, and like every in love person you're blinded by glow of your deity,
I am not in love. I don't even know Alberto.

Quote:
How about 2010 Tour tts? Don't tell me he was off form, 'cause you're considering he won that race.
So? In the first part Andy ****ing Schleck was faster than him he had many bad days during 2010 tour and the tt was one of them, the night before he'd barely slept because the cold wet tourmalet had made him ill.

Quote:
And don't forget that we're talking about 90 - 95% Contador. Not 100%, not 2009. or 2011.. Long, flat tts and 100% Wiggo.
Yea... indeed... well actually 1 long flat tt

Quote:
He'll be waving just like he did in Valkenburg.
or will he be waving like this?

__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4642  
Old 01-17-13, 17:52
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 16,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
IMO Contador was between 95-100% at the end of 2012 Vuelta. If he had been at 90% he would've lost.
he almost lost you know. he just caught jrod off guard. He was smarter than jrod and broke him.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4643  
Old 01-17-13, 17:53
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 16,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Are we talking here about Contador at his best or at his 90 - 95%.
You're very childish fan. It was you who set the parameters, and now you're disregarding them.
90-95%. You seem to think he was at his best though
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4644  
Old 01-17-13, 17:54
airstream airstream is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minsk
Posts: 4,202
Default

Logic according to which Contador couild drop others at 2009 tour but could not in 2010 and hence he was allegedly off form is an amazing delusion. I'd even say it is simply offensive because an assumption like that makes others clowns, crowd scene, amateurs whereas they are elite bike riders. It's never the same twice. Afterall, it is a competition, not the kinddom of the one.
Reply With Quote
  #4645  
Old 01-17-13, 17:56
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
I am not in love. I don't even know Alberto
You don't have to know him to be in love.

Responding to everything else is useless. Emotions are ruling here, not nous.
Reply With Quote
  #4646  
Old 01-17-13, 18:01
serfla serfla is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
90-95%. You seem to think he was at his best though
Don't be rude and falsify my arguments.
It is you and Miburo who are talking about 90% Contador in terms of his results when he was 100%.
I don't like the way this discussion developed.
That's it from me.
Reply With Quote
  #4647  
Old 01-17-13, 18:02
cineteq's Avatar
cineteq cineteq is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 7,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
he almost lost you know. he just caught jrod off guard. He was smarter than jrod and broke him.
Right, he caught Purito off guard, but still he needed to perform with 50km to go. Thus he was close to 100%.
__________________
Quote:
Do you want to watch better racing? Then power meters and team radios must be banned!
Reply With Quote
  #4648  
Old 01-17-13, 18:11
The Hitch's Avatar
The Hitch The Hitch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London.
Posts: 23,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
IMO Contador was between 95-100% at the end of 2012 Vuelta. If he had been at 90% he would've lost.
Yeah but in your opinion contador was looking weak half way into the giro 2011 and nibali was going to break him on the gardeccia stage.
__________________
The Hitch: 3rd place week 43 2014 cq game. Winner 2013 Vuelta cq game. Winner, Velorooms prediction game 2012, 2013 (still undefeated). Currently 2nd all time cq rankings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre 2009 wiggins
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Reply With Quote
  #4649  
Old 01-17-13, 18:12
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 16,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstream View Post
Logic according to which Contador couild drop others at 2009 tour but could not in 2010 and hence he was allegedly off form is an amazing delusion. I'd even say it is simply offensive because an assumption like that makes others clowns, crowd scene, amateurs whereas they are elite bike riders. It's never the same twice. Afterall, it is a competition, not the kinddom of the one.
I do not base myself on Alberto's performance but on his own words. And yes in this case I trust him.
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
  #4650  
Old 01-17-13, 18:18
LaFlorecita's Avatar
LaFlorecita LaFlorecita is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 16,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
You don't have to know him to be in love.
imo, if you don't personally know someone, you can't be in love with them

Quote:
Responding to everything else is useless.
you just don't know how to reply

Quote:
Emotions are ruling here, not nous.
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
Quote:
90-95%. You seem to think he was at his best though
Don't be rude and falsify my arguments.
It is you and Miburo who are talking about 90% Contador in terms of his results when he was 100%.
Wait. In the first sentence you say I falsified your arguments. yet you confirm what I said in the second one. right

Quote:
I don't like the way this discussion developed.
Neither do I

Quote:
That's it from me.
great
__________________
"The second place is not good."
The great Alberto Contador
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.