Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-17-13, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T. View Post
If you can't answer that question there's nothing I can do for you.
But you are the one that made that statement and I am asking the question ....

Therefore, can you please answer the question?
Old 01-17-13, 16:59

http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lanc...trong-one.html has this line

Late last year, Armstrong resigned as chairman of the foundation he created, Livestrong, which has raised hundreds of millions of dollars in the fight against cancer.

......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

I'll wait for the 5-line summary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZxPB8xfM6c

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 01-17-13 at 17:02.
Old 01-17-13, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lanc...trong-one.html has this line

Late last year, Armstrong resigned as chairman of the foundation he created, Livestrong, which has raised hundreds of millions of dollars in the fight against cancer.

I wish most of the members of the media who have jumped on to the anti-Armstrong bandwagon would do a bit of research and actually discover that the fight against cancer, Livestrong does no such thing.

Last edited by trompe le monde; 01-17-13 at 17:09.
Old 01-17-13, 17:08

I'm sure many were disappointed by LA's carry on, but tell me about this actual pain?

How many cancer sufferers were inspired by reading his book when he was a hero?

Anyway I'm digressing - I'd just like Tom to elaborate on the pain he described, instead of his initial reponse of passing it off as if one should automatically know.

Last edited by red_flanders; 01-17-13 at 20:05.
Old 01-17-13, 17:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basecase View Post
How many cancer sufferers were inspired by reading his book when he was a hero?
It simply would not have been possible had he not been cheating and lying, not to mention having had an army of enablers.

Are you comparing him with Robin Hood?
The scientific explanation for Vincenzo Nibali's extraordinary descending ability is his large cojones, which lower his center of gravity, enabling him to corner with confidence on high speed descents
Old 01-17-13, 17:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
It simply would not have been possible had he not been cheating and lying, not to mention having had an army of enablers.

Are you comparing him with Robin Hood?
I agree with you totally on your point above.

Not comparing him with Robin Hood at at all. For one, esentially, LA didn't discriminate who he "stole" from / de-frauded, and could be argued only a certain clique benefitted from goings-on.

I'd just like Tom to define this pain he mentioned? Maybe too much to ask ....

Tom was fairly definite in his mentioning of this pain, so I am wondering can he elaborate?

Like who was in pain due to Lance? . . . . Tom?

Last edited by Basecase; 01-17-13 at 17:33.
Old 01-17-13, 17:41

Quote:
I agree with you totally on your point above.

Not comparing him with Robin Hood at at all. For one, esentially, LA didn't discriminate who he "stole" from / de-frauded, and could be argued only a certain clique benefitted from goings-on.

I'd just like Tom to define this pain he mentioned? Maybe too much to ask ....

Tom was fairly definite in his mentioning of this pain, so I am wondering can he elaborate?

Like who was in pain due to Lance? . . . . Tom?
This article scratches the surface nicely: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/504934...ports-cycling/

Plenty of pain and hurt experienced by these people. And that's just a small part of it.

If it's physical pain you're looking for then no, as far as I know he hasn't caused that.

Last edited by red_flanders; 01-17-13 at 20:05.
Old 01-17-13, 17:48

Ah the Andreu's, D Walsh.

Is that the best examples of pains suffered?

Those that rode on the coat-tails of dopers at one stage or another til they took the moral high ground and in some cases, made money from anti-doping agenda.

Those really the best examples of pain suffered Tom?

Walsh has made a great career from his admirable doping fight. I am sure he can refer to greater pains in his life.

Frankie A, the guy who later signed up with Rock Racing and had a continued career in the sport.

Betsy, not sure what she does but she sure makes herself available to many platforms to express her opinion.

They really the best examples??

Could you have been a bit melodramtic in describing such as pain?
Old 01-17-13, 17:54

Quote:
Ah the Andreu's, D Walsh.

Is that the best examples of pains suffered?

Those that rode on the coat-tails of dopers at one stage or another til they took the moral high ground and in some cases, made money from anti-doping agenda.

Those really the best examples of pain suffered Tom?

Walsh has made a great career from his admirable doping fight. I am sure he can refer to greater pains in his life.

Frankie A, the guy who later signed up with Rock Racing and had a continued career in the sport.

Betsy, not sure what she does but she sure makes herself available to many platforms to express her opinion.

They really the best examples??

Could you have been a bit melodramtic in describing such as pain?
Yup, and I'm sure when Lance's crocodile tears start flowing tonight you'll be reaching for the tissues right along with him. P!ss off.

Yeah, Mike Anderson has really profited off all of this.

These probably aren't the best examples because I'm sure he's done horrible things to his wives, girlfriends and others we've not heard about.

Melodramatic? No.

Last edited by Tom T.; 01-17-13 at 18:01.
Old 01-17-13, 18:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T. View Post
Yup, and I'm sure when Lance's crocodile tears start flowing tonight you'll be reaching for the tissues right along with him. P!ss off.

Yeah, Mike Anderson has really profited off all of this.

These probably aren't the best examples because I'm sure he's done horrible things to his wives, girlfriends and others we've not heard about.

Melodramatic? No.
The "P!ss off" really compliments your contentions.

So your best example is an employee who chose to work for LA, and then things went sour as he found LA to be doping, at which time there were numerous rumours of?

And your vague references to LA's personal relationships? Without any substantiation? You're sure of these things ... yet you haven't heard about them? huh?