2013 CQ Game Classics Edition - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Games and Fantasy Cycling

Games and Fantasy Cycling Come in and talk about betting, computer games and cycling simulations, and your office's or online fantasy cycling leagues.

Old 01-17-13, 17:19

Default 2013 CQ Game Classics Edition

Alright, here's the deal. I decided to expand the calendar a bit - EvansIsTheBest convinced me, although I haven't used his exact calendar.

The game consists of 19 races and as the calendar was expanded, I thought it would be more fun the expand the teams a bit as well, so I've decided on 12 riders and a total of 3000 points.

The points used are the rider's value as per December 31 2012 - that is, their value from last season when you click a rider. To make things easier, I've created a "Create your team" file, in which you can type in the name of the riders and their value will automatically show up. Simply copy/paste the list of riders and send your team to me - if you're unsure how, please read the opening post of this thread: this thread. The "Create your team" file can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?mfu68oafo3lvrz3

The deadline for submitting your team is February 20, 23:59 CET.

List of races:

23.02.2013: Omloop Het Nieuwsblad - 1.HC
24.02.2013: Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne - 1.1
24.02.2013: Clasica de Almeria - 1.HC
24.02.2013: GP di Lugano - 1.1
02.03.2013: Strade Bianche - 1.1
03.03.2013: Giro del Lazio - 1.1
17.03.2013: Milano - Sanremo - 1.WT1
20.03.2013: Dwars door Vlaanderen - 1.HC
22.03.2013: E3 Harelbeke - 1.WT2
24.03.2013: Gent - Wevelgem - 1.WT2
30.03.2013: GP Miguel Indurain - 1.1
31.03.2013: Ronde van Vlaanderen - 1.WT1
03.04.2013: Scheldeprijs - 1.HC
07.04.2013: Paris - Roubaix - 1.WT1
07.04.2013: Klasika Primavera - 1.1
10.04.2013: Brabantse Pijl - 1.HC
14.04.2013: Amstel Gold Race - 1.WT2
17.04.2013: La Flèche Wallonne - 1.WT2
21.04.2013: Liège - Bastogne - Liège - 1.WT1

List of participating teams: 39

18-Valve. (pithy)
Afrank
AG
al_pacino
Armchair cyclist
asdfgh101
August
Blackbandit222
boomcie
Caruut
comodoro
DJ Sprtsch
EvansIsTheBest
Froome19
Geraint Too Fast
Gotland
GP Blanco
HelgeBlendet
hilltopfinisher
Hugo Koblet
ingsve
Jancouver
J-King
just some guy
karaev
LightBing
mc_mountain
mutschi
rmeloa
Ruudz0r
search
shalgo
sublimit
the asian
The Hitch
Tigerion
vladimir
will10
Yellow Knight

Last edited by Hugo Koblet; 02-21-13 at 10:40.
Old 01-17-13, 18:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Koblet View Post
Hello everyone!

asdfgh12345 came up with this idea, and I thought I'd follow up on it.

Is anyone up for a "Classics Edition" of the CQ Manager Game, where you pick a team of, say, 10 riders for, I don't know, 3-4000 points, and then you only earn points in the spring classics?

If there's enough interest, I think it would be fun to do. Also, feel free to make suggestions regarding team size and points available. Another thing we need to decide is which races exactly should be included? I think Kuurne, Giro del Lazio and Strade Bianche could easily be included.
Cobbled Classics+ the Ardennes+ other early 1.HC races.

Het Nieuwsblad, Almeria, KBK, Strade Bianchi, MSR, DDV, E3 Harelbeke, Gent, Ronde, Scheldeprijs,PR, Brabantse Pijl, AGR, FW, LBL

15 races in total.

Maybe Lugano.Lazio & GP Miguel Indurain can be added to bring variety even though they are 1.1.

A prediction game to predict the podium will also be interesting, but a CQ game will bring in way more participants.
Old 01-17-13, 18:07

Quote:
Hello everyone!

asdfgh12345 came up with this idea, and I thought I'd follow up on it.

Is anyone up for a "Classics Edition" of the CQ Manager Game, where you pick a team of, say, 10 riders for, I don't know, 3-4000 points, and then you only earn points in the spring classics?

If there's enough interest, I think it would be fun to do. Also, feel free to make suggestions regarding team size and points available. Another thing we need to decide is which races exactly should be included? I think Kuurne, Giro del Lazio and Strade Bianche could easily be included.
Great idea. But if KBK is included we could include Nokere Koerse as well because it is also a cobbled race and 1.1 classified.
Old 01-17-13, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post

Het Nieuwsblad, Almeria, KBK, Strade Bianchi, MSR, DDV, E3 Harelbeke, Gent, Ronde, Scheldeprijs,PR, Brabantse Pijl, AGR, FW, LBL

15 races in total.

Maybe Lugano.Lazio & GP Miguel Indurain can be added to bring variety even though they are 1.1.

A prediction game to predict the podium will also be interesting, but a CQ game will bring in way more participants.
Well, Kuurne and Strade Bianche is 1.1 as well. Perhaps we should just say only 1.HC and above?
Old 01-17-13, 18:21

Quote:
Well, Kuurne and Strade Bianche is 1.1 as well. Perhaps we should just say only 1.HC and above?
And Strade Bianche
Would give me even more incentive to cheer for Canc.
Old 01-17-13, 18:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froome19 View Post
And Strade Bianche
Would give me even more incentive to cheer for Canc.
That's the dilemma, because I would like to include Strade Bianche but on the other hand, I don't think there should be too many races included.
Old 01-17-13, 18:39

Quote:
That's the dilemma, because I would like to include Strade Bianche but on the other hand, I don't think there should be too many races included.
WT + 1.HC and a wild card for Strade Bianchi.
Old 01-17-13, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by the asian View Post

15 races in total.

Sounds like a good calendar to me. Hugo: just pick and choose the interesting 1.1 races, no need to have a hard and fast ruling like only 1.HC and above. The rating of events isn't a measure of prestige anyway - Quinghai Lake isn't a better win than Tour Med, for example.

Would be cool to have a Spring season from Het Volk to say, Frankfurt, and then if it's a success we could do an Autumn one post-Tour from San Sebastian onwards?
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton
Old 01-17-13, 18:50

Add Strade Bianchi coz even though it's 1.1 it's a favourite of the forumites.

Since KBK is basically a sprinters race it gives more variety.

Scheldeprijs and KBK might make some participants to pick 1 or 2 sprinters.

Basically if most participants pick the same riders there would be no fun it.

I think 15 races is ok.
Old 01-17-13, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
Sounds like a good calendar to me. Hugo: just pick and choose the interesting 1.1 races, no need to have a hard and fast ruling like only 1.HC and above. The rating of events isn't a measure of prestige anyway - Quinghai Lake isn't a better win than Tour Med, for example.

Would be cool to have a Spring season from Het Volk to say, Frankfurt, and then if it's a success we could do an Autumn one post-Tour from San Sebastian onwards?
+1. Based around the French and Italian races with the 2 Canadian WT races also added.