Wiggins, a man in love! - Page 64 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-17-13, 18:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
His 2009 autobiography.
That was then. This is now. The past is a foreign country etc.

Quote:
Why is that. Did he only just realise lance was a doper ?
I'll take a punt that it's because since the USADA report, Lance has officially been a liar, doper, bully etc. and thus has very little influence. Ergo, one can be critical of him where previously one kept on his good side.

Quote:
What narrative.
That Wiggo loves Lance and continues to do so since the USADA report. There's nothing in Wiggo's comments since to suggest he's particularly close to Lance.

Quote:
While you are at it you might want to explain why you think it has any significance whatsoever.
My pointing out of facts that have been misrepresented to portray Wiggo in an unfavourable light have as much significance as the conclusion drawn from those misrepresented facts: ie absolutely b*gger all!
Old 01-17-13, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Don’t forget this is the “clean team” that Millar and co. are holding up as the “new era” of cycling. But that clean team is in love with the biggest bully and filthy doper cycling has ever seen.

Great to see cycling has moved on. Reminds of the things Lance used to say about Festina in 99. He said Willy Voet was full of it and made up his book!
Hasn't cycling come a long way

Quote:
The media have given a forum to this man. They give him credibility and the possibility for him to speak. This man makes money out of the whole affair at the same time. If he says something, his name becomes even more important...Willy Voet is completely full of ****."
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/resul.../jun20news.php
Old 01-17-13, 18:35

Quote:
You "agree" ?

i though you "knew"

Lance already said he won't bring down cyclists so this whole wiggins is scared lance will burn him for.no reason bull**** you've been running was proved false from the get go.
You think Wiggins will take that bet?

His tune has changed dramatically from the time the USADA report dropped.
Old 01-17-13, 18:53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinvickers View Post
Bullsh!t. Sorry, but that's bullsh!t.

1. I've dismissed nobody - that's completely dishonest, and I urge you to quote the supposed dismissing remark or retract it.

2. Invented personality clash - you must be kidding!!

3. I made it clear, and it is objectively clear that, since the German interview at least, Kimmage's line on Wiggins/Sky has hardened. I have made no, i repeat no, judgement on that hardening - but I have noted it as a factual reality - he is clearly well past the simple "i don't know" phase now.

As I've said, if you have misinterpretted my accurate, and explicitly non-committal description as a critical commentary, that's your mistake, not mine.
I have not misinterpreted anything, nor will I retract what I say.

You continue to use Kimmages personality as an excuse for Wiggins.
Also, any clash between the 2 is a fairly recent, and mainly as a result of Wiggins wanting to avoid Kimmage or more accurately to avoid his questions.
Old 01-17-13, 19:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
You think Wiggins will take that bet?

His tune has changed dramatically from the time the USADA report dropped.
post USADA report, Wiggins has said he's a better cyclist than Armstrong ever was, says he doesn't want to raise his kids the way Armstrong does because he doesn't want to raise 'f'ing idiots' so not sure where all the love for Lance sentiments are coming from.

Cavendish also complains about having to remark on Armstrong any more...
Old 01-17-13, 19:09
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post

Also, any clash between the 2 is a fairly recent, and mainly as a result of Wiggins wanting to avoid Kimmage or more accurately to avoid his questions.
Didn't Kimmage get barred from being embedded with Sky by Wiggo in 2010 or 2011, after Brailsford had agreed it?

Even if 2011, the bad feeling between the two has clearly been around for quite some time. Now that Sir Brad is top of the tree, Kimmage can make a lot more out of it, so their spat has only recently been high profile.

Kimmage was clearly out to make trouble when he referred in his tweet to the 4 Sky employees being sacked. They weren't sacked, because they were paid off, or in Yates' case "retired". (The sackings will come later when skeletons emerge!) If he wasn't making trouble then he hadn't done his homework to know the difference, and he's not a guy to not to his homework.
Old 01-17-13, 19:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Maserati View Post
Well, sadly, in my view that makes you blatently dishonest, so I'm afraid that's likely to flavour our communications, or lack thereof, henceforward. That's a pity, but I don't see a suitable alternative for dealing with dishonesty.

Quote:
The clash goes back at least to 2010, and possibly much earlier. And I don't use it as an 'excuse' for anyone; simply as an obvious explanation of the continuing, and now plainly public, series of jibes between the two men.

And with that, as set out above, cheerio.

[IGNORE]
Old 01-17-13, 19:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersracer View Post
post USADA report, Wiggins has said he's a better cyclist than Armstrong ever was, says he doesn't want to raise his kids the way Armstrong does because he doesn't want to raise 'f'ing idiots' so not sure where all the love for Lance sentiments are coming from.

Cavendish also complains about having to remark on Armstrong any more...
Correct.

As I stated. Since Lance’s pending “admission” Wiggins has gone into damage control mode and started blaming the “bitter” people.

Its funny to watch.
Old 01-17-13, 19:18

Default UCI Corruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandit View Post
you have a good imagination.....picture this headline.............'disgraced
cyclist lance said brad doped............i'm saying this for the good of cycling'...............yes! poor 'lil brad would be quaking
well Lance is not gona say that...but what he is gona do, is show that the UCI is corrupt....which will lead to an investigation...which may show that Sky (Bradley) have been adding to the McQuaid / Verbruggen pension kitty.
Old 01-17-13, 19:28
Banned

Quote:
Well, sadly, in my view that makes you blatently dishonest, so I'm afraid that's likely to flavour our communications, or lack thereof, henceforward. That's a pity, but I don't see a suitable alternative for dealing with dishonesty.
If you wish to point out where I have been dishonest, feel free to do so.

Quote:
The clash goes back at least to 2010, and possibly much earlier. And I don't use it as an 'excuse' for anyone; simply as an obvious explanation of the continuing, and now plainly public, series of jibes between the two men.
2010, where Wiggins did not want Kimmage around, even though it was agreed by Brailsford.
Thats not a "clash' - thats plain avoiding someone, the obvious question is why?

Quote:
And with that, as set out above, cheerio.

[IGNORE]
Seems like you are following the blueprint of Brad, which was of course the blueprint of you know who.
Good luck with that.