Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 468 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-18-13, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Hitch's right this time Parrulo, be careful. I'm gonna let this one go, I'm in a good mood tonight.

I was wrong for once. What can I say?
Perhaps you could go on Oprah ?
Old 01-18-13, 11:37

Quote:
Hitch's right this time Parrulo, be careful. I'm gonna let this one go, I'm in a good mood tonight.

I was wrong for once. What can I say?
2 times actually.

About the stage itself and about the fact that it was so-called not accurate.

Oh 3 times since you thought you were only wrong once
Old 01-18-13, 12:06
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
I understand where you are coming from and your logic. But to be frank, there is no way around the fact that regarding the 2011 Tour and the 2012 Vuelta Contador was not optimally prepared. Thats just a fact cant cant be disputed.

However, in the 2007 Tour (where he got dropped by Rasmussen) and the 2010 Tour (where he coulnt drop Andy and even got dropped by Andy once I do agree with you, that that was not due to bad preparation.

Contador is a brilliant cyclist, but he is not a super human, luckily, and its not a law of nature that he will always drop the rest when he is 100% (though emperical data suggests that this is often the case). But regarding the 2011 Tour and the 2012 Vuelta his subpar performance can very well be explained by suboptimal preparation conditions.
in 2010 contador dropped andy on mende, he had roughly 20 seconds at the top but the andy group closed 10 seconds on the final flat k.
Old 01-18-13, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
2 times actually.

About the stage itself and about the fact that it was so-called not accurate.

Oh 3 times since you thought you were only wrong once
Are you sure you want to go this route Miburo? What should we talk about next, useless polls? They were entertaining though. Cheers.
Old 01-18-13, 12:39

Acquarone is definitely trying his best woo Bertie to the Giro.

While i would very much love it if he crushes wiggins at the Giro, it shouldn't be at the expense of a Tour win.

Also it would rule out any chance of him being a factor at the Worlds'.

Tour+Vuelta should be his aim.
Old 01-18-13, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrulo View Post
in 2010 contador dropped andy on mende, he had roughly 20 seconds at the top but the andy group closed 10 seconds on the final flat k.
True, they dropped eachother once (disregarding chaingate) and otherwise they werent able to drop eachother. The example still stands though.
Old 01-18-13, 14:18

Quote:
Are you sure you want to go this route Miburo? What should we talk about next, useless polls? They were entertaining though. Cheers.
It's been a while
Old 01-18-13, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimber View Post
I understand where you are coming from and your logic. But to be frank, there is no way around the fact that regarding the 2011 Tour and the 2012 Vuelta Contador was not optimally prepared. Thats just a fact cant cant be disputed.

However, in the 2007 Tour (where he got dropped by Rasmussen) and the 2010 Tour (where he coulnt drop Andy and even got dropped by Andy once I do agree with you, that that was not due to bad preparation.

Contador is a brilliant cyclist, but he is not a super human, luckily, and its not a law of nature that he will always drop the rest when he is 100% (though emperical data suggests that this is often the case). But regarding the 2011 Tour and the 2012 Vuelta his subpar performance can very well be explained by suboptimal preparation conditions.
People forget Alberto's approach to the 2010 TdF. After being 3rd in Dauphiné he made the mistake of going to altitude training in Navacerrada. He was close to home but the weather at the time was cold and rainy. He reported having caught a cold at the time and dropped from the ITT in the Nationals a few days before the race on very short notice. It is very likely that whatever the reason he knew by then that his numbers were below his expectations.
Old 01-18-13, 19:38

Default <3

Old 01-19-13, 02:56
Administrator

more clinic talk and every1 get a week of