What is so important about the Indiana Hospital "Incident" - Page 5 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-18-13, 21:49
Turner29's Avatar
Turner29 Turner29 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
She certainly told them something, she was in there for 7 hours. I would love to know what went on.
She told the truth. Keep in mind, however, that her real damning testimony was in regard to drug trafficking and possible money laundering.

The Feds really don't care that she lied in a civil deposition. All that did was provide the Feds leverage against her.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-18-13, 21:50
WinterRider WinterRider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
He does not give a **** about Livestrong. All he cares about is Lance Armstrong.

Scenario 1, Continued Denial - Lance is a pariah, without income, bleeding money to lawyers and settlements. He already has resigned from Livestrong. He is also facing the possibility of Federal Indictment. He has no celebrity status and the jet-set life is gone.

Scenario 2, "Confess" - Lance has future earnings potential -- books movies, public appearances. Maybe even gets some endorsements back. Still has to pay back large sums of money, but minimizes lawyers fees. Public sentiment, while not high, is enough to dissuade Federal prosecution and he works out a deal with them. Suddenly he is celebrity again, back in the jet-set.

Note option 2 provides fame and fortune regardless of Livestrong.
He is still trying to ride this out rather than confess. That much is obvious from last night's performance. In this scenario Livestrong and his "good works" will be key to retaining a shred of his public persona. He was even trying to talk up Lance the humanitarian last night.

I agree that his best shot going forward is your Scenario 2. But he's too stupid to realize that, or the legal liability is too high.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-18-13, 21:56
Turner29's Avatar
Turner29 Turner29 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
He is still trying to ride this out rather than confess. That much is obvious from last night's performance. In this scenario Livestrong and his "good works" will be key to retaining a shred of his public persona. He was even trying to talk up Lance the humanitarian last night.

I agree that his best shot going forward is your Scenario 2. But he's too stupid to realize that, or the legal liability is too high.
My Scenario 2 is what he is doing! He is not that stupid.

Last night was a confession to everything except:

1) One relatively minor incident that might (and I say might) lead to perjury charges.

2) Anything to do with Ferrari and what "other riders" were doing. This, in the Feds eye, is the big one: CONSPIRACY. MONEY LAUNDERING.

He said he doped in all 7 Tours. Clearly, he is not concerned about $30 Million to USPS and $15 Million to SCA and by implication, is will to provide restitution.

There is something bigger out there and the only thing that makes sense is jail.

Last edited by Turner29; 01-18-13 at 22:01.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-18-13, 22:03
WinterRider WinterRider is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
My Scenario 2 is what he is doing! He is not that stupid.

That was a confession to everything except:

1) One relatively minor incident that might (and I say might) lead to perjury charges.

2) Anything to do with Ferrari and what "other riders" were doing. This, in the Feds eye, is the big one.

He said he doped in all 7 Tours. Clearly, he is not concerned about $30 Million to USPS and $15 Million to SCA.

There is something bigger out there and the only thing that makes sense is jail.
That was not a confession. He admitted only to "some" of the things already detailed in exhaustive detail in USADA's reasoned decision. To confess to anything less would have been absurd.

He did not confess to doping in 2009/2010, even though the blood passport he lauded during his confession gives a 1/1,000,000 chance he wasn't doping in the comeback. And other than that he tried to dismiss as many claims as he could.

The whole thing was pathetic, and almost the entire MSM saw it that way.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-18-13, 22:13
Turner29's Avatar
Turner29 Turner29 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
That was not a confession. He admitted only to "some" of the things already detailed in exhaustive detail in USADA's reasoned decision. To confess to anything less would have been absurd.

He did not confess to doping in 2009/2010, even though the blood passport he lauded during his confession gives a 1/1,000,000 chance he wasn't doping in the comeback. And other than that he tried to dismiss as many claims as he could.

The whole thing was pathetic, and almost the entire MSM saw it that way.
It was an "confession" that fulfills his goals under my Scenario 2.

I never said it was a full or even true confession. Regardless of what you think of Lance Armstrong, no person in their right mind is to confess criminal activities to Oprah.

Regardless of what many people here think, last night, Lance Armstrong did enough to prevent a jury of 12 from convicting him.

Trust me, tonight we will here more about his children, "hoping for, but not expecting forgiveness..." with a few more tidbits to keep the audience watching.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-18-13, 22:18
DirtyWorks's Avatar
DirtyWorks DirtyWorks is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
Last night was a confession to everything except:
Then you saw a completely different interview. What's the motivation for covering for Wonderboy? Please share. Because that's what's going on.

I agree with you that it was an effort to try to stay out of a trial situation. I don't know if it will work though.
__________________
Wefunk Radio: funkify your life!
http://www.wefunkradio.com/radio/

Last edited by DirtyWorks; 01-18-13 at 22:26.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-18-13, 22:29
Turner29's Avatar
Turner29 Turner29 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Then you saw a completely different interview. What's the motivation for covering for Wonderboy? Please share. Because that's what's going on.
For the tenth time, to avoid CRIMINAL charges. That was pretty obvious last night. He confessed to CIVIL matters -- doping to win the Tour de France.

If he admits Betsy Andreu's testimony is correct, that is criminal perjury.

Regarding Ferrari, again -- conspiracy, drug trafficking, money laundering.

Clearly, he tried to paint himself as just a "rider" and not a partial team owner. Why? Conspiracy charges.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-18-13, 22:31
Benotti69's Avatar
Benotti69 Benotti69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
Then you saw a completely different interview. What's the motivation for covering for Wonderboy? Please share. Because that's what's going on.

I agree with you that it was an effort to try to stay out of a trial situation. I don't know if it will work though.
Of course it will work. Oprah will get on the Ophone to Obama and bingo all charges dropped, 7 wins back, USADA in the garbage can. Easy.
__________________
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-18-13, 22:32
Benotti69's Avatar
Benotti69 Benotti69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner29 View Post
For the tenth time, to avoid CRIMINAL charges. That was pretty obvious last night. He confessed to CIVIL matters -- doping to win the Tour de France.

If he admits Betsy Andreu's testimony is correct, that is criminal perjury.

Regarding Ferrari, again -- conspiracy, drug trafficking, money laundering.

Clearly, he tried to paint himself as just a "rider" and not a partial team owner. Why? Conspiracy charges.
An Amercian 'doping' in France can also come under 'drug trafficking'
__________________
"ahaha, ever had the feeling you been cheated?" JL SF Jan'78
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-18-13, 22:36
Turner29's Avatar
Turner29 Turner29 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 617
Default

Last night and tonight are merely publicity stunts in grand plan. Again, right now, I sincerely doubt, especially presuming Armstrong starts paying back money, that a criminal jury of 12 would convict him. Home Run Lance.

Why:

OJ.
Barry Bonds.
Roger Clemens.
John Edwards.

I would actuallybe angry if the US Government brought him to trial -- they would lose and it would now be a waste of resources better spent elsewhere, like prosecuting those guilty of firearms charges.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Future Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. Future Publishing Limited is part of the Future plc group. Future Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 2008885 whose registered office is at Beauford Court 30 Monmouth Street Bath, UK BA1 2BW England.