Alberto Contador Discussion Thread - Page 477 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > Professional road racing

Professional road racing A place to discuss all things related to current professional road races. Here, you can also touch on the latest news relating to professional road racing. A doping discussion free forum.

Old 01-21-13, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carols View Post
Hopefully not lose to much in the TTT! Sky is pretty formidable TTT team no? MTT yes he shouldn't lose to much.

Still he's not going to get to just ride around, it will be Work and Energy. IMO winning both is a Big Ask. But hey go for it Alberto at least both races should be more exciting for us
Sky is a great tt team but strangely enough they haven't won many ttts. Saxo has always done ok-ish and next year they have some good guys like Rogers, Bennati and Kreuziger
Old 01-21-13, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaFlorecita View Post
Sky is a great tt team but strangely enough they haven't won many ttts. Saxo has always done ok-ish and next year they have some good guys like Rogers, Bennati and Kreuziger
Hopefully the new guys have melded into the team well, especially in TTT. Saxo did okish because Bertie did much of the hard work.

He will need to save energy to take on Wiggins in the Giro followed by Froome in the Tour. Both, and a host of others, should be fresh and on form for their respective assignments...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alberto Contador of Pinto: "And yes, it is true that for me it's the same to finish second or 10th."

Vincezo Nibali makes history and joins Anquetil, Gimondi, Merckx, Hinault and Contador as only the 6th winner of all Three Grand Tours! Bravo Lo Squalo!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-21-13, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
If Contador does the Giro/Tour, I don't think he'll get the double this time even if he doesn't crash or has no bad luck.

Sure, the routes are more balanced, and his team is stronger, but the biggest obstacle for him is Froome, whom Contador admits he's afraid of the most. Froome will be fresh and ready. And if Wiggins does the Giro, which he most likely will, Froome will likely captain the Tour. Brailsford would have to be an idiot to have Wiggins captain the Tour after the Giro.

With Purito, Nibali, Hesjedal and Wiggins there, Contador can't soft pedal to win the Giro. Contador will be tired by the third week of the Tour at the latest.
I think you underestimate Contador. There is also one very big difference between 2011 and now. This time he is doing his own schedule and will be prepared in advance for both. In 2011 he didn't know if he would ride Giro then he didn't know if he would ride TDF due to the ban. Now he knows he could ride both and can plan everything from A-Z starting of today.

Plus he doesn't have any pressure as far as expecting a ban is concerned. Believe me only this thought in mind could cost you seconds in stages.

And one last thing which many of you will take very lightly and only people that are interested in Astrology would get me: In Contador's birth chart his Mars (the planet of war, sports, fighting) is in its exaltation in Capricorn. Meaning this is the best position you can possibly get. Plus it is in the 28th degree of Capricorn which the only degree of SuperExalation out of 30. This is extremely rare thing. Just a comparison - roughly during only 2 consecutive days per 2 years you can get Mars in Capricorn in SuperExaltation.

So what I want to say is if someone can do Giro Tour double nowadays my bet would be on Contador by a mile!
Old 01-22-13, 09:24

If anyone these days is possible of doing two grand tours sucessfully than Alberto is the man"But me thinks Bjarne wont push him towards both of these objectives,knowing that if he focused on one only then it would be a formality.This year will be big for saxo/tinkoff bank
Old 01-22-13, 21:51
Banned

I wonder how Wiggo's latest announcement will effect Contador's plans.
It would be a bit too much to start a thread named: "If Wiggins rides the Giro, will Contador still ride it?" since Contador only mentioned a possibility, but Contador now knows where he can meet sharped Wiggins.
It would be true champions' manner to go for the double now and confirm reputation of the best GT rider.
Otherwise, Wiggo's fans can say Contador was afraid and backed off. At least Contador's fans are doing so. Even when it's unfounded.
Old 01-22-13, 21:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by serfla View Post
It would be a bit too much to start a thread named: "If Wiggins rides the Giro, will Contador still ride it?" since Contador only mentioned a possibility, but Contador now knows where he can meet sharped Wiggins.
It would be true champions' manner to go for the double now and confirm reputation of the best GT rider.
Otherwise, Wiggo's fans can say Contador was afraid and backed off. At least Contador's fans are doing so. Even when it's unfounded.
How disrespectful to even consider this

Contador won 7 (5) GT's. Wiggins won 1 GT while his teammate was better.

I don't buy the story that Wiggins wants to be a legend and win the giro for that reason.

Not froome is the biggest reason why he doesn't ride the tour to go 100% but Contador is. That's at least my opinion.

Why would Contador be afraid of someone who he crushed many times? While Contador never lost a GT since 2007 besides the tour 2011 for obvious reasons.
Old 01-22-13, 23:02

Quote:
According to cq Wiggins has only ever once in his life beaten Contador at a race (overall not stages)

That was the 2005 tour down under after Contador had just turned 22 where he came 23rd to Contadors 28th.

Ever since then in race after race after race Contador has finished ahead of Wiggins. Even in races wiggins ended up abandoning Contador was always ahead of him.

So i dont see how Contador can be said to be afraid of wiggins, if he always beat him.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-22-13, 23:14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
According to cq Wiggins has only ever once in his life beaten Contador at a race (overall not stages)

That was the 2005 tour down under after Contador had just turned 22 where he came 23rd to Contadors 28th.

Ever since then in race after race after race Contador has finished ahead of Wiggins. Even in races wiggins ended up abandoning Contador was always ahead of him.

So i dont see how Contador can be said to be afraid of wiggins, if he always beat him.
Weak argument and false logic, and you know that.
Presumption is - Wiggins will come to Giro in 2012 Tour shape, and that's Wggins of whom Contador is afraid. Afraid of convincing TDF winner, not some track cyclist from 5 -10 years ago.
Don't use Miburo's arguments, you know they're superficial.
Old 01-22-13, 23:15

Quote:
Weak argument and false logic, and you know that.
Presumption is - Wiggins will come to Giro in 2012 Tour shape, and that's Wggins of whom Contador is afraid. Afraid of convincing TDF winner, not some track cyclist from 5 -10 years ago.
Don't use Miburo's arguments, you know they're superficial.
He beat Wiggins in 2009 and 2010 too. Was he a track cyclist then?
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-22-13, 23:19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
He beat Wiggins in 2009 and 2010 too. Was he a track cyclist then?
No.
But neither he was a convincing, reigning, winner of TDF.