Look at me, I am a Vegan! Can I persuade you to become one too? - Page 92 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Form & Fitness > General

Old 01-17-13, 11:51

Ha Ha, friend sent this link to me, never looked in this thread before, very funny.

What a load of self serving drival. There is a word for people that stalk Pro rides and ride onto the back of them and pretend they are showing them climbs or training with them. Ha Ha

Strava records are for young riders or weekend warriors. 8.30 is ok but 7.40 is not close to the record. The Strava record holder is not an ''Olympian'' but a talented Junior rider that was not a gun climber 2 years ago either, good climber now but would be dropped like a hot potato by a top Pro climber.
Old 01-23-13, 03:44

Hey, Durian, do you know what time the pros, Geraint Thomas etc., went up Corkscrew on stage 2 of TDU?

Impressive performance in video by the way. Props to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blG0yF6BjTU
Old 01-23-13, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by simo1733 View Post
This idea that people on this forum have somthing against carbs is a complete invention.
It's necessary for Durian boy to carry on with his persecution complex.
Old 01-23-13, 13:40

I see DR as a guy who is passionate about his life .

If something about it rubs me the wrong way ... hey .. it's my rub. MINE. Pointing the finger at what he does that I think is BS .... hark ... is MY BS I'm telling myself.

So .... cuttin' him down .. or anyone .... is but cuttin' myself down.

Why do I want to do that to myself ? I catch myself in the act of "cutting down" often ... and it's quite humbling.... and yet absolutely freeing too. Knowing I AM the master of MY Life . No One Else .

~~~This~~~ Is My Passion
Old 01-23-13, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintime View Post
I see DR as a guy who is passionate about his life .

If something about it rubs me the wrong way ... hey .. it's my rub. MINE. Pointing the finger at what he does that I think is BS .... hark ... is MY BS I'm telling myself.

So .... cuttin' him down .. or anyone .... is but cuttin' myself down.

Why do I want to do that to myself ? I catch myself in the act of "cutting down" often ... and it's quite humbling.... and yet absolutely freeing too. Knowing I AM the master of MY Life . No One Else .

~~~This~~~ Is My Passion
I have no problem with DR's passions, but I do have problems with his BS. He is obviously a gifted athlete and the vegan diet and lifestyle works well for him. Good on him for that. But his lack of knowledge and tolerance of diets and lifestyles and athletic abilities that differ from his is particularly galling, especially when the evidence he presents is so substandard. I have not intended to cut him down, but rather the evidence he presents.
Old 01-24-13, 02:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by elapid View Post
I have no problem with DR's passions, but I do have problems with his BS. He is obviously a gifted athlete and the vegan diet and lifestyle works well for him. Good on him for that. But his lack of knowledge and tolerance of diets and lifestyles and athletic abilities that differ from his is particularly galling, especially when the evidence he presents is so substandard. I have not intended to cut him down, but rather the evidence he presents.
That's right. DR's passion is great, he's enthusiastic about his lifestyle, his athletic performance and spreads the word.

It's the shamelessness of his self promotion and constant assumptions that gets people riled. Anyone coming on here stating things like "I can drop anyone on this forum" knowing full well that pros post here regularly is always going to get some flack thrown their way.
Old 01-24-13, 21:02

Default man oh man

I spend some quality time out in the real world and when I get back here.... BANANA Man! His theme song, going over an over in my ears...

I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any guy who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the pretty guy in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive guy be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy

check it out man
http://30bananasadaysucks.com/

I guess its too much to expect him to go away, since this kind of scammy stuff is how he and Boobsalot make their $$.
Old 01-26-13, 03:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot23 View Post
Hey, Durian, do you know what time the pros, Geraint Thomas etc., went up Corkscrew on stage 2 of TDU?

Impressive performance in video by the way. Props to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blG0yF6BjTU
Would love to know this. Does anyone know?
Old 01-26-13, 07:14

^Check out RIDE cycling review, they having been running analysis of one of the pro's power files.
Old 01-26-13, 18:46

I see Ferminal has it as 6:46 for Thomas. (Not sure where from--maybe off TV)
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthr...42#post1119842

From that someone on that thread estimates Thomas at 6.5 watts/kg (465 w gross).

Tapeworm's source has 7:36 for Ben Hermans, 6.8 watts/kg (434 w gross):
http://www.ridemedia.com.au/?p=8421

Last edited by Parrot23; 01-27-13 at 01:20.