Sky - Page 1210 - CyclingNews Forum

Go Back   CyclingNews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-23-13, 17:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
agree with you (and Hitch) on this one.

to claim any findings on Wiggins would be a death knell for cycling is absurd. very few outside of Britain (aside from those who follow the sport), know who he is.
My point is that coming fast on the heels of the Armstrong debacle, regardless of the relative fame or otherwise of Wiggins abroad, this story would be huge and the sport would suffer a massive massive blow. Seems obvious to me.
Old 01-23-13, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Why the anger?

Take out your frustrations on Dave Brailsford.

He’s the one who hires a Doctor who has a penchant for injecting young men with EPO.

Not me.

Sorry.
No, you have a penchant for injecting old threads with Exaggerated Preposterous Opinion.
Old 01-23-13, 18:02

Getting back to Lienders. It appears Dekker is going to drop a bombshell to the Dutch Cycling Federation on what really went on in the Rabo years. I will be wincing at the detail but will be greatly concerned if Dekker tells if the doping use was widespread and if many people were aware of Leinders role at Rabo.

Iíll reserve judgment on Sky for the time being but it doesnít look good. Especially in the light of what Froome and Wiggins did last year. Their performances were very unusual to say the least.
Old 01-23-13, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandillusion View Post
My point is that coming fast on the heels of the Armstrong debacle, regardless of the relative fame or otherwise of Wiggins abroad, this story would be huge and the sport would suffer a massive massive blow. Seems obvious to me.
I doubt it. Festina scandal didn't kill the sport. Wiggins found out to be doping wont kill it either.

Look how many posters in the road racing section of this forum will never discuss doping in cycling and continue to enjoy the sport as if the doping doesn't exist.

Look at the Olympics FFS if ever there was a drug fest it is that, but it grows.
Old 01-23-13, 18:04

Quote:

Iíll reserve judgment on Sky for the time
being but it doesnít look good. Especially in the light of what Froome and Wiggins did last year. Their performances were very unusual to say the least.
Hahahaha, oh dear.
Old 01-23-13, 18:08

A warning for those attacking the poster instead of arguing the post. Next step will certainly be sanctions, as some of us are not getting the message. This also applies to those who point out "poster not post" when they're talking about someone else, yet attack the poster when it's their turn.

This isn't optional or a suggestion. This is your warning. Please, we can do better than this. Thanks.
Old 01-23-13, 18:15
Banned

Quote:
I’ll reserve judgment on Sky for the time being
Well, I take my hat off to you. It takes real bravery to change your position like this after having spent so long vehemently asserting as fact that there is a team wide doping programme at Sky and that Wiggins is a client of notorious doping doctor Ferrari.

I'm glad that you are finally seeing the light and aligning with my agnostic position.

Well done. You are a bigger man for it
Old 01-23-13, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
how long have you followed cycling?
You know the answer to that! Always had a "romantic" peripheral interest since first watching LeMond & Hinault years ago, but lost interest when Indurain was crushing.

Fully aware of Festina and rumours over years filtering through on Armstrong.

I'll shut up if it keeps you happy though
Old 01-23-13, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganrob View Post
Oh come on. Buck up little guy. Cycling will survive without Sky.

And BTW, that thing about the sun never setting on the British empire. It is not true
dunno what your 2nd line of comment is about but nevermind that .

i dont think you are quite getting what im trying to say , if the big sponsors pull the plug {and with much more bad publicity they will} the game is over !!

where is the money going to come from to continue ? you ? me ? , this sport does not have stadiums that have paying customers , it does not sell merchandise in the same vain as football .

the damage LA has done already is huge , we are yet to see the repercussions but believe me there are going to be plenty , and if SKY was to be found of similar wrong doings it would have ripple affects through the sport like never been seen before .
Old 01-23-13, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades1 View Post
dunno what your 2nd line of comment is about but nevermind that .

i dont think you are quite getting what im trying to say , if the big sponsors pull the plug {and with much more bad publicity they will} the game is over !!

where is the money going to come from to continue ? you ? me ? , this sport does not have stadiums that have paying customers , it does not sell merchandise in the same vain as football .

the damage LA has done already is huge , we are yet to see the repercussions but believe me there are going to be plenty , and if SKY was to be found of similar wrong doings it would have ripple affects through the sport like never been seen before .
Lol, busting Sky will end up being a blip on the radar. The circus will continue.