Wiggins, Clinic respect? - Page 17 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-25-13, 00:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
But why does he love Lance? Where is the rest of the quote? Is it because his 'love' is linked to the money he attracted to the sport and doesn't fit the agenda.

Selective quoting of Wiggins = good. Selective quoting of hrotha = bad. Right?
This is really simple. Obviously Wiggins cannot slander Armstrong but he can be at least neutral.

Wiggins knew Armstrong was doped. When asked about Armstrong he could have easily said,

"I never really raced with him or don't really know him, but his success has clearly lifted the profile of the sport and we are benefiting from that. We will see how he goes this year"

Factual without being dishonest. Yes maybe easier done with hindsight but I think the Armstrong question was asked of every pro in 2009 so it was hardly unexpected.

How hard would that have been instead of saying he loved him, regardless of whether it was for the money or other reasons.
Old 01-25-13, 00:57

And considering that Wiggins knew that Armstrong was doping makes this quote even more dumb.
Old 01-25-13, 00:58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
The only quote I used was direct too - I deleted before and after, but the quote is intact. Check out the link I provided. And I didn't lie, I editorialised, spinning the story.

You will see thehog doing the same with a quote up there. The "in my whole reign" bit is (he means 'his' rather than 'my' I expect), as always, edited out.
By making something up. Which is lying.

If TheHog or anyone else misquotes someone then pull them on it.
Old 01-25-13, 00:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Thank you.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.
Old 01-25-13, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine Seguros View Post
This is a message board, not professional wrestling. Baiting and trolling with impunity, then when challenged or defeated pulling the "I was working you guys - I am so smart that I only pretended and you all fell for it" card, isn't that one of the oldest ploys in the book? It means that win, lose or draw, you can pretend to be above it all and that you can claim the win cos you manipulated everybody else. You were oh so aloof and above it all, shrugging your shoulders with Gallic nonchalance whilst writing what looked like heated argument and debate, leaving everybody else writhing in fury while you smiled and nodded - your plan was working.
No, there was some clear structure to it. Using a past quote with little context against a present statement, in exactly the same way you and others were doing. I've made my point - I'm not persisting. I actually think that hrotha is a sensible poster generally, targeting one of the idiots wouldn't have been worthwhile.

What some of you have to understand is that riders will never express your views. The cycle in races, know the people and almost never look at internet forums. They will have heard rumours which they 100% knew are false. People here are the opposite. The spend every day here looking for doping gossip. To expect you views to correlate is absurd.
Old 01-25-13, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehog View Post
Thanks Hog! I don't know why people always give you a hard time.

It's funny, now that I've seen it I remember watching it at the time, I guess there's just too much material to absorb these days.

Rewatching that, I don't know how you could find ANYTHING wiggo says even remotely credible. I know he's just won the tour, but could he really not remember 2009? It stretches credulity past the breaking point.
Old 01-25-13, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by cineteq View Post
Jonathan Vaughters @Vaughters
Ok, let's elaborate.Since Wiggo was absolute BFF with LA in 2009 Tour, LA was in Wiggo's ear every moment about how "he should leave Garmin"
Vaughters, Clinic respect?

Oh wait, he said that he thinks Wiggins is clean. I guess not. Well, hopefully skidmark respect is some kind of consolation, however pathetic it might be.
Old 01-25-13, 01:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
As was Cadel Evans in the 2007 tt which Wiggins was talking about.

When Wiggins said "not winning tts by 2 minutes" he was talking about how Vino beat him Bradley Wiggins by 2 minutes, not how Vino beat the next best rider in the field by 2 minutes.

Wiggins 2 minutes dowfinished 5th not 2nd in that tt.

So the correct comparison is did Wiggins beat the 5th placed rider by 2 minutes. Not did he beat the 2nd place rider by 2 minutes.
The correct view then would be that Wiggins's original quote was incorrect and had little merit. And should therefore be largely ignored.

Last edited by Parker; 01-25-13 at 01:10.
Old 01-25-13, 01:09
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
Thanks Hog! I don't know why people always give you a hard time.
They give me a hard time because I'm right.
Old 01-25-13, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterRider View Post
Rewatching that, I don't know how you could find ANYTHING wiggo says even remotely credible. I know he's just won the tour, but could he really not remember 2009? It stretches credulity past the breaking point.
The more I see Wiggo talking on different interviews, the more I think he's behavior is freaking erratic, perhaps bipolar?