The revenge of Rasmussen ... - Page 44 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-26-13, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanark View Post
It could very well be that the people who are up in arms didn't make the decision to extend his contract. When Mark Renshaw came to Rabobank that decision was made by the management of the team (Knebel), none of the sports directors of the team knew he was comming, or were even asked if they wanted him to come to the team. I wouldn't be surprised if the extension of his contract was done by people who aren't active in the team any more (Knebel, Breukink, Van Houwelingen).
Breukink was a big Luisle fan, and of course in the context of last season it's not strange they gave him a contract extension. But I think the ultimate responsibility, and the signature on the contract, lies with Knebel.

According to NRC there was also a rider meeting last week where Luisle's colleagues grilled him on the subject.
Old 01-26-13, 13:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyoungest View Post
Breukink was a big Luisle fan, and of course in the context of last season it's not strange they gave him a contract extension. But I think the ultimate responsibility, and the signature on the contract, lies with Knebel.

According to NRC there was also a rider meeting last week where Luisle's colleagues grilled him on the subject.
When I saw how Kruijswijk devoted himself for LL during last year's Tour escape I thought LL has a very good realtionship with his teammates
Old 01-26-13, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by staubsauger View Post
When I saw how Kruijswijk devoted himself for LL during last year's Tour escape I thought LL has a very good realtionship with his teammates
He does, they do like him, but now they fear for their jobs.

Case in point: Slagter wins WT race, but the Dutch media don't care. It's the Luis Leon story they're carrying.
Old 01-26-13, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Hazuki View Post
explains how lls has faded into a rider that can't climb for the life of him.
Indeed, that's why he finishes dead last in the San Sebastian Classic and is absolutely a non-factor in mid-mountain stages.

Really Ryo, try at least to match your posts with the evidence, okay?

Or are you going for the fantastic explanation that only in 2010 he was involved with Puerto (which was 2006, but let's not try to make it to hard to spin it).
Old 01-26-13, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Indeed, that's why he finishes dead last in the San Sebastian Classic and is absolutely a non-factor in mid-mountain stages.

Really Ryo, try at least to match your posts with the evidence, okay?

Or are you going for the fantastic explanation that only in 2010 he was involved with Puerto (which was 2006, but let's not try to make it to hard to spin it).
The guy did a top-10 in the Tour, and the Vuelta, plus a win and a podium in Paris-Nice. Granted, there was a bit of luck involved in all of those results, but he definitely was a better climber back then.

NRC suggests he didn't stop doping after Puerto.
Old 01-26-13, 14:33

Quote:

Case in point: Slagter wins WT race, but the Dutch media don't care. It's the Luis Leon story they're carrying.
Yeah, because that WT race is the TDU. Watch the media as he wins AGR some day.
horrible. boonen just the same guy as years before and this course is too hard for him. that's why he rode like a coward there were at least 3 guys stronger than boonen today and none of them won: sagan, ballan, pozzato
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch
Goss will woop boonens candy ass in a sprint he cares about, any day of the week
Old 01-26-13, 14:49

http://tourdejose.com/2013/01/26/my-...-the-future-2/
Old 01-26-13, 15:09

What I don't get, how can it be that suddenly only LL has been linked to a codename (Huerta) in the Puerto case and is now in the media. But that none of the other approximately 150 athletes that were involved has been linked to code names, and can still continue their careers. It's strange only his name turns up now.

It looks like Dutch media are seriously trying to demolish Dutch cycling with all their doping investigations. This won't exactly help Blanco with finding a new sponsor and Vacancesoleil also isn't sure yet for next year.
Old 01-26-13, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
What I don't get, how can it be that suddenly only LL has been linked to a codename (Huerta) in the Puerto case and is now in the media. But that none of the other approximately 150 athletes that were involved has been linked to code names, and can still continue their careers. It's strange only his name turns up now.

It looks like Dutch media are seriously trying to demolish Dutch cycling with all their doping investigations. This won't exactly help Blanco with finding a new sponsor and Vacancesoleil also isn't sure yet for next year.
The media aren't interested in the truth, they're interested in viewer numbers. Doping is more interesting than actual cycling for most Dutchies, apparently. I mean, that guy at the Volkskrant, he hardly ever writes about actual races. Just doping.
Old 01-26-13, 15:27

Quote:

Well, he won the TDU to be fair. It's still a nearly countless race. Early preparation nothing more.