Official Lance Armstrong Thread: Part 3 (Post-Confession) - Page 34 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Road > The Clinic

The Clinic The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures.

Old 01-26-13, 15:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwolf View Post
Well, with the help of Armstrong plus the independent commission, the UCI might find out how everything was covered up. It's not like they're not getting enough help.
If you honestly believe UCI didn't have a hand in covering up for Wonderboy, or at the very least knew what was going on, you're insane. Fat Pat, Heiney & the gang all knew. The ONLY reason why Wonderboy us willing to work with UCI, is to try to gain some sort of advantage, he'll tell them nothing, and they'll cover it up, just like last time. I'm willing to bet Wonderboy will slip the UCI some nice $$$ to help himself out.
Old 01-26-13, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
Armstrong won't go to USADA because he knew he would get caught lying under oath. He knew his so-called confession was still full of lies and he couldn't tell the same story that he told Oprah to USADA. Instead he wants to go UCI, to his bosom buddies Pat and Hein, but this won't help with his sanction. USADA was the organization that banned him for life. He has to go to Tygart if he wants to ever compete again. It's common sense.
That's the thing, Wonderboy doesn't have ANY common sense, that was taken from him a long time ago by EPO. He knows he's f*/ if he talks to USADA, so like another poster said, he's doing an end around in hopes he'll win points with UCI/WADA and they'll plead to USADA. However, Fahey detests Wonderboy, so it's doubtful that WADA would be willing to do anything for Wonderboy. His only hope is UCI, and that puts them in an even worse light now.
Old 01-26-13, 16:14
Banned

Just to add some humor between posts - an excellent 'Creep' mashup video pf LA/Oprah..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=CmgMUFzmDss#!
Old 01-26-13, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TDFWinner View Post
That's the thing, Wonderboy doesn't have ANY common sense, that was taken from him a long time ago by EPO. He knows he's f*/ if he talks to USADA, so like another poster said, he's doing an end around in hopes he'll win points with UCI/WADA and they'll plead to USADA. However, Fahey detests Wonderboy, so it's doubtful that WADA would be willing to do anything for Wonderboy. His only hope is UCI, and that puts them in an even worse light now.
WADA will not work with Armstrong unless USADA is involved, because WADA fully backs USADA's jurisdiction, and Fahey 100% supports Tygart. It's a waste of time for Armstrong to go to WADA.

Besides, what can UCI do for Armstrong now? It was USADA's report that got all his results stripped and him being banned for life. No way can UCI touch any of that until USADA/WADA OK it.

I thought Armstrong was smarter than this.
Old 01-26-13, 17:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnoculator View Post
WADA will not work with Armstrong unless USADA is involved, because WADA fully backs USADA's jurisdiction, and Fahey 100% supports Tygart. It's a waste of time for Armstrong to go to WADA.

Besides, what can UCI do for Armstrong now? It was USADA's report that got all his results stripped and him being banned for life. No way can UCI touch any of that until USADA/WADA OK it.

I thought Armstrong was smarter than this.
I agree with all of your comments.

He and his legal team are very good at obfuscating and that is all they have left.
Wait till USADA shows proof of the 'attempted' donation that wonderboy is denying.
Old 01-26-13, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmewmew13 View Post
I agree with all of your comments.

He and his legal team are very good at obfuscating and that is all they have left.
Wait till USADA shows proof of the 'attempted' donation that wonderboy is denying.
And/or the proof that Wonderboy doped during his comeback.
Old 01-26-13, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
Haha, dude's busy riding his bike alone in Hawaii possibly?
It's the Chris Carmichael "I'm not available because I'm off the communications map." <noise>ckkkcccrrr</noise>I'm going through<noise>ccressrskkkshhh</noise> a tunnel." excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by webvan View Post
Surely Herman knows that only USADA can give Dopestrong a little discount on his "banned for life" sanction? What incentive does Dopestrong have apart from that to rat out some other a**sholes out?
Wonderboy hasn't changed. His world view is so broken he is still operating under the assumption that the rules don't apply to him. My guess is he's arranging for some scenario where there's a manufactured exception and he gets his penalty reduced on a technicality.

Pretty much everything is for sale at the IOC. If someone figures out a way to do it so it looks legitimate, consider it done.
Old 01-26-13, 17:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TDFWinner View Post
And/or the proof that Wonderboy doped during his comeback.
Is the comeback doping evidence strong enough to work in Arbitration/CAS?

It's Wonderboy, the rules don't apply to him. He's planning/working the exception, again.
Old 01-26-13, 17:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyWorks View Post
It's the Chris Carmichael "I'm not available because I'm off the communications map." <noise>ckkkcccrrr</noise>I'm going through<noise>ccressrskkkshhh</noise> a tunnel." excuse.

Wonderboy hasn't changed. His world view is so broken he is still operating under the assumption that the rules don't apply to him. My guess is he's arranging for some scenario where there's a manufactured exception and he gets his penalty reduced on a technicality.

Pretty much everything is for sale at the IOC. If someone figures out a way to do it so it looks legitimate, consider it done.
So right, he continues to try to dictate the process. Sorry Lancey-poo, you lost!

Why is USADA even entertaining the idea of a reduced sentence, only a few months after it was handed down? There was plenty of opportunity for Armstrong to negotiate before the scheduled arbitration (or during arbitration) but he continued his scorched earth policy. Nobody owes him anything, so let him rot in obliviation. In any case, there is no way he is actually going to give any pertinent information to anti-doping authorities.

The worst thing is that all this is so that he can "compete" again - meaning appearance fees and sponsors. Is anyone really stupid enough to give this guy money? Of course there are which is really pathetic.
Old 01-26-13, 18:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
Why is USADA even entertaining the idea of a reduced sentence, only a few months after it was handed down? There was plenty of opportunity for Armstrong to negotiate before the scheduled arbitration (or during arbitration) but he continued his scorched earth policy. Nobody owes him anything, so let him rot in obliviation. In any case, there is no way he is actually going to give any pertinent information to anti-doping authorities.
I dunno, that doesn't make me angry. No harm in hearing what he has to say and deciding if it's worth reducing his sentence then. I would laugh so hard if he throws Bruyneel, Verbruggen, McQuaid, Weisel, or any of the other many many ******bags he surrounded himself with under the bus.

eta: and for what? A bunch of bull**** old-man triathlons? I'd let him have his fun there in return for seeing heads roll.

Last edited by spalco; 01-26-13 at 18:33.