Moderators - Page 320 - Cyclingnews Forum

Go Back   Cyclingnews Forum > Feedback > About the forum

About the forum Drop in, give us some feedback and talk to the team

Old 01-26-13, 21:40
Banned

It was an answer to this post from Franklin (with whom I was having a discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Indeed, a subtle, but important difference from evidence. It's insane to deny suspicions, just look at the Sky thread
If you've got a problem with it, report it to the Mods rather than trying to get your little army of trolls on board
Old 01-26-13, 22:00

Resistance is futile. The Clinic will assimilate you.
Old 01-26-13, 22:05

The simple answer is because I can't be on every day so the enforcement is very uneven. No more complicated than that. It would be great to have more mods.
Old 01-27-13, 16:13

Joachim is consistently post after post after post flaming half the clinic.

Every few hours he brings out another post portraying most of the clinic as deluded bitter loser internet trolls who have no understanding of life.

And as bro deal pointed out, few if any of these posts offer any arguments relevant to whatver thread or discussion they are thrown into. insulting others is the only purpose of most of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
He's a public figure ffs, not some internet troll with nothing riding on it.
Quote:
I'm afraid I don't attach much importance to the shrill rantings of a handful of loons on the Internet.
Quote:
Quite.

Life probably seems very simple from your armchair with your laptop on your knee. Especially if that is pretty much all you do.
Quote:
Very easy for a bunch of internet warriors to come out with the sort of stuff you guys are (anonymously) but this is Wiggins work environment, not a school playground.

Quote:
Proof? I think you'll find no proof is needed here. All you need is to be Australian and bitter

Quote:
Funnily enough, I'm one of a small handful of people who arent trolls, from both sides of the fence.

You certainly aren't on that list.
Quote:
Most here wouldn't, because they are able to sit here, in a priviledged position, smearing and sneering at whoever they want.
Quote:
The problem with you guys is you are locked away listening to each other reinforcing each others views to such an extent that when somebody like myself challenges these views, analytically, you genuinely believe it is trolling because you can't countenance any views other than your own. It's like a troop of chimpanzees jumping up and down when a stranger appears because they feel their hierarchy has been threatened.
And those are just the posts from the last 2 days where the trolling was in the first 3 lines so it could be found by looking through his post history.

None of these posts make any argument. They are just flaming for the sake of flaming. I understand there are a lot of emotions in the clinic (and Joachim uses that as an excuse to hide most of his trolling anyway) but there has to be a limit.

Especially since this is a poster who has been banned before for similar behaviour.

edit: and these were just the posts where he insults everyone. i ignored the ones where the trolling was directed at individuals.
If there's a 1% suspicion or doubt that a team is working with certain doctors, then they shouldn't be invited to the Tour de France - as simple as that.
journalist with integrity.

Last edited by The Hitch; 01-27-13 at 16:16.
Old 01-27-13, 16:23
Banned

Wow.

You've just spent a load of time trawling through my posts when you could have just used the forum 'Ignore' feature.

Funny how accusations of trolling can only be made by one 'side' in Hitch world.

P.S that last post of mine that you quote, how many weeks ago was it from?

Last edited by Joachim; 01-27-13 at 16:28.
Old 01-27-13, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitch View Post
Joachim is consistently post after post after post flaming half the clinic.
Hitch, just read the posts and ignore the silly girl, there is no way arguing with, do not feed it. Took me also some time but it is for the best, do not push the ignore button, just enjoy the blatant stupidity. But, be aware, she will put you on her 'ignore button'.

vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily
#Tour 1990, Luz Ardiden (13.30 km, 7.44 %, 989 m). Greg LeMond: 39 min 46 sec, 20.07 Kph, VAM 1492 m/h, ~5.40-5.50 W/kg.
Old 01-27-13, 17:48

There is nothing better than to ignore by posting past as if they never posted no matter what they wrote, and I'm mainly talking about those @*$^&#+*&^%# and *^$%@^#@. Just read the username and decide there if the post is worthy.
Old 01-27-13, 20:26

I find it unusual that someone who has lurked on the forum for years as claimed, would suddenly choose to start posting, almost exclusively in the clinic, at a huge post rate (and that's including a short ban).
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton

Last edited by will10; 01-27-13 at 20:40.
Old 01-27-13, 20:38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by will10 View Post
I find it unusual that someone who has lurked on the forum for years as claimed, would suddenly choose to start posting, almost exclusively in the clinic, at a huge post rate (and that's including a short ban).
Really? You find that interesting? You must be a riveting at dinner parties.

Last edited by Joachim; 01-27-13 at 20:52.
Old 01-27-13, 20:53

Quote:
Really? You find that interesting? You must be a hoot at dinner parties.

Hmmm, yet you find the trolls in the clinic interesting enough to pump out 20 posts a day in there. Should've stuck with 'Sky pay me by the post'

Jumping feet first into the clinic with all the hallmarks of an established poster will always put people's backs up. It seems strange to me that you would go from reading and lurking to a very prolific poster in the most contentious threads, that's all.
...[Walsh] thinks we're ahead of the curve. But think about it for a sec. We're building long-lasting, trusting relationships with people who are spending a lot of money - Coke, Nike, Subaru. If we're f***ing lying, we can kiss it all goodbye. And if we were lying we'd do some stupid stuff to try to cover it up, wouldn't we? Does anybody think for a second that a secret that big wouldn't come out? Bill Stapleton

Last edited by will10; 01-27-13 at 21:04.